Euro 2012 LIVE (46 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
@Bisco I still laugh on Russia since Dick had a big mouth against us.

Further I felt like Shit last night (now still since I barely sleep :D)
Holland was fighting ala France 2010 but somehow it didn't really reach the press a lot.
In Holland right now are going stories that France 2010 was a joke compare to this.

Robben, Wes and Greg revealed already that their been struggling with the squad and technical staff.
And what does the KNVB saying we will decided what the do in four weeks :sergio:

I am mad at them I wanted van Marwijk gone at this point already.
He is without Frank de Boer an average coach he always been.

We have easily one of the best squad at the euros but it didnt work this team.
Euro's are over for me. I don't care a lot who wins it now.
all though I see no country beat Germany, they are really good
hard luck janaa i'm only teasing you :tup: van marwijik lost his dressing room to be honest hence why it ended this way. he based his team on names and not on how they carry each other nor did he instill the mentality needed. :beer: here is to a better run in coming tourney's

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
hard luck janaa i'm only teasing you :tup: van marwijik lost his dressing room to be honest hence why it ended this way. he based his team on names and not on how they carry each other nor did he instill the mentality needed. :beer: here is to a better run in coming tourney's
I know ;)
and further I agree :sad:
Thanks +rep for you

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
:lol: Always the Robben critism.
After 6 years of pretty good football years, we crashed out of a real tought group. It happends you know?

And yes Asif, we do had one of the best squads in the Euro's.

Furthermore i wish both Germany and Portugal goodluck, they did deserve to go through!
Robben was the first name that came to mind, sorry :D
You guys had virtually no defence. I'm sorry, but a squad which doesn't have, at the very least, a 'decent' backline doesn't qualify to be a 'best' squad.
Maybe I should rephrase that. You guys had an awful 'team'. There were individuals who are awesome players in their own right, but as a team, over the three matches, the Dutchies were bad.
(I still love you guys though, no hard feelings towards you and Ken :heart:)

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
That Dutch side isn't really that impressive when you consider the fact that they used two defensively shocking fullbacks and some very inconsistent centre backs. Add to that a midfield where De Jong certainly merits his spot but Van Bommel is past it at this level and you're in trouble. Nobody can dispute the amount of quality in the last third of the pitch but that's never gonna be enough.

I think in general we've seen top sides with poor defences or at least defensive lapses and it's probably indicative of the way football has developed in the last 10 years. There are hardly any fullbacks out there where you'll bank on them keeping their area shut down - but they're shit hot going forward. And a guy like Hummels is continually lauded for his ability to move the ball forward. His marking, however, is rarely held up as a strength and for good reason.

You'd be hard pressed to mention stand out players in defence so far in this tourney. Agger has been good but has been sold out by Kjær and S. Poulsen repeatedly and thus always on the back foot. Terry has also been great, I must say, even if I can't stand the cunt. Same goes for Pepe.

The only consistently good fullback defensively, in my opinion, so far has probably been Cole.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Spain lost their opening game to Switzerland in 2010. It's all about mentality and the Dutch yet again crushed under the weight of expectation.
I dont think Spain's situation is fair to compare tbh. They were in a group where they could repair the damage (Honduras and Chile aren't tough opponents).

In a group like this there's very little margin for error/failure.

ain't gonna happen
You've seen England defend against France's posession football? Direct play from Ribery or Nasri or one-two's with Benzema didn't work. I think England could make it hard for Spain. Woy got this.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
Even though Benzema assisted two goals in his last game, I think France will continue to struggle until they start Giroud. Benzema is obviously the better player at present but he keeps drifting deep and they have no presence in the box. So they end up with all their forward players drifting around and across a la Barca.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
That's a bit harsh. No defense, clearly. But no midfield? None showed up for Portugal because they tried a top-heavy formation for themselves, which opened them up to Portugal slicing runs up and down the Dutch midfield. Different circumstances, and a Netherlands midfield may have shown up.

But then again, it was pretty sparse throughout the tournament.

Pepe really was great yesterday. if he keeps his head straight his is one of the best defenders in the world.
He was, but I actually thought Bruno Alves was even better on the night.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
I dont think Spain's situation is fair to compare tbh. They were in a group where they could repair the damage (Honduras and Chile aren't tough opponents).

In a group like this there's very little margin for error/failure.

You've seen England defend against France's posession football? Direct play from Ribery or Nasri or one-two's with Benzema didn't work. I think England could make it hard for Spain. Woy got this.
yes i saw france's possesion football and it wasn't good , england defended somewhat good but the french were awful in attack . They just passed the ball around without creating any real threat not because england had a very good defense but because they didn't try very hard to push forward they prefered to keep the ball in their possesion in front of england's defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)