Euro 2008 Fantasy Football (2 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I have to laugh at all the douche announcers on ESPN's American coverage. All they could talk about is Fernando Torres and how he'd have to perform and score all the goals for Spain. Douchebags are so lazy they never watching anything but the EPL, apparently -- because the rest of us knew Villa was going to score like a mothaf*, and he sure didn't prove us wrong.

Crawl out of your England cocoons and watch a little football in the rest of the world once in a while, you ESPN twits.
Julie Foudy has no business in there, and the only person that makes a bit of sense is Andy Gray, but he's also biased towards him Premier League.

England should just give up international football and stay with their beloved league.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #142
    That's the biggest, most retarded flaw in all of this EPL bias. People are too easily blind and ignorant about what happens in football outside of England. So all they do know about is the EPL, and they focus on EPL players as if they're the only ones who will matter and make a difference in a competition such as the Euro.

And rather than read up on what the rest of the world is doing, instead they presume there's no reason to bother.

All someone had to do was look at Torres' NT record with a goal every three games -- and then compare with Villa's goal every two games -- and they should have stopped harping about whether Torres ability to score or not was going to be a key part of the match. Or even if they just noted that Villa lead Spain in goals in the Euro qualifiers. How lazy do you have to be to think Torres and only Torres all the time?

Even after the match, the announcers spent as least as much, if not more, time talking about Torres' performance than talking about David Villa. Dumbasses one and all.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    Hey,i cant make any more transfers.I made 4 transfers before Group B's matches.I thought we'd have 4 new transfers available for every new match day,but it says that i dont have any transfers left.

Whats up with this?

OP
    swag

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #145
    Hey,i cant make any more transfers.I made 4 transfers before Group B's matches.I thought we'd have 4 new transfers available for every new match day,but it says that i dont have any transfers left.

Whats up with this?
    If you made your transfers before the B matches in round 1, what you were doing was making your transfers to be effective as of round 2. So you've used them up then.

When you make transfers, you do so for the next four days of games in the stage. The one exception being the wildcard Stu pointed out, which you can use once in case of injury, etc.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    Your opinions guys,

Better chances not to conceade:

Russia's vs Greece or Poland's vs Aurstria ?

Better chances to score/assist:
    Del piero(going to start) vs Romania or Nuno Gomez vs Croatia or maybe Russian guy Pavlychenko vs Greece?

Imo,Boruc from Poland,and Del piero(have feeling he'll score)

share your preferations,thnx.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    Your opinions guys,

Russia's vs Greece or Poland's vs Aurstria ?

Del piero(going to start) vs Romania or Nuno Gomez vs Croatia or maybe Russian guy Pavlychenko vs Greece?

Imo,Boruc from Poland,and Del piero(have feeling he'll score)

share your preferations,thnx.

Russia vs Greece.

Definatley Del Piero.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    ffs i did the same as salman did,so huntelaar or klasnic better get a bit of the action or i am fooked.

even worse i am currently tied in 10th but if i realised spain were going for the twin strike force and lept villa i would be in about 5th:cry:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    That's the biggest, most retarded flaw in all of this EPL bias. People are too easily blind and ignorant about what happens in football outside of England. So all they do know about is the EPL, and they focus on EPL players as if they're the only ones who will matter and make a difference in a competition such as the Euro.

And rather than read up on what the rest of the world is doing, instead they presume there's no reason to bother.

All someone had to do was look at Torres' NT record with a goal every three games -- and then compare with Villa's goal every two games -- and they should have stopped harping about whether Torres ability to score or not was going to be a key part of the match. Or even if they just noted that Villa lead Spain in goals in the Euro qualifiers. How lazy do you have to be to think Torres and only Torres all the time?

Even after the match, the announcers spent as least as much, if not more, time talking about Torres' performance than talking about David Villa. Dumbasses one and all.
    The only player who scored a goal and plays in EPL is Fabregas (Modric too but he's yet to play in EPL)
    Ok, serie A isn't standing much better with Zlatan Ibrahimovic being the only serie A player who scored a goal.
    La Liga players scored 6 goals so far (Villa 3, Van Nistelrooy, Sneijder and Pepe)

Man of the match was won by :
    Ujfalusi (just went to La Liga from serie A), Pepe (La Liga), Pletikosa (Russia) , Podolski (Bundesliga), Makelele (EPL), Sneijder (La Liga), Villa (La Liga), Ibrahimovic (serie A)

It's all La Liga so far :)

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Julie Foudy has no business in there, and the only person that makes a bit of sense is Andy Gray, but he's also biased towards him Premier League.

England should just give up international football and stay with their beloved league.
    Which Andy Gray is this? Its not the one on sky is it?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    So Ronaldo brings 13 points because he also gets MOM award.
    I won the 13 pts from Ronaldo but i lost 13 more points because i changed captains at last minute making Klose my skipper.

Beh, at least i only changed captains, Jack took off CR from his team :D

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    I wasn't sure who to choose as captain between Ronaldo and Torres. I chose Torres, hopefully against Sweden he scores 5 and assists another 2 :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)