Euro 2004: Italy vs. Azerbaijan (1 Viewer)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++

Why would you want Gatusso, Perrota and Zanetti to play against Azerbaijan
I would definitely play Camo or Fiore ahead of Gatusso
Because with the 3 fowards + Oddo and Zambrotta at the side who are also kinda od offensive vs stronger teams maybe we will need 3 defensive MF so also if vs Azerbajan we don't need them is just to verify the team. Than of course they may be changed during the match, I also wuould like to see Fiore but maybe not instead of Gattuso cause he is doing very well and I think he deserve to play even if ouer cuople Zanetti-Perrotta is very well assorted and they already played togeder many times.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
No lineup is fair unless Inzaghi is in that lineup as he is the hottest Italian striker right now, love him or hate him

I know we are Juve fans but come one Di Vaio? What for? He gets into offside positions as much as Inzaghi and he is no where as opportunistic

Vieri didnt look too great yesterday and Corradi has been disappointing of late, pity the total disregard for Cassano and Montella as they are in better shape than most of the strikers on view but good thing Totti is back and hopefully Panucci is still feeling the effects of the car accident otherwise I would be tempted to come and test drive in the streets of Rome

Yet again Tacchinardi is crying off with a suspect injury (he is not even a regular to be messing around like that) but can keep Davids out of Juve's starting lineup

I read good things about Del Rossi of Roma , I hope he does prove to be a very good midfielder as at the moment only Perrotta looks decent enough in the middle of the park with both engine and it would be too much for Trapatoni to recall Albertini who should never have been discarded anyways imo
Montella is injured and Cassano is called up for the U-21.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Cassano is called up for the U-21.
Really? What a never endoing story between him and Gentile!
I thought he wuould never been in the U21 anymore....

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
The cassano that was called up is not Antonio, Montella is at loggerheads with Traps but that could be solved easily was not aware he was injured again

I do feel that Gatusso is only useful if you have a lot of forward players in your team like Milan when Costa , sheva, seedorf, Inzaghi and the rest but in a team with Perrotta and zanetti there is no need for Gatusso and I will never be convinced he is an international class player, yes he is good in disturbing the opposition but when you need to win and probably score goals , Gatusso is not your man imo

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I agree with you, Denco. Gattuso would be good in a line-up including Fiore, Totti, Del Piero and Vieri, but not in one already has Cristiano Zanetti and Simone Perrotta in midfield.

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
best lineup for Italy is :

__________Buffon__________
Oddo__Nesta__Canna__Zambo
_____Zanetti____Tacchi______
__Fiore____Totti____Miccoli___
___________Vieri___________

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ahmed ] ++
best lineup for Italy is :

__________Buffon__________
Oddo__Nesta__Canna__Zambo
_____Zanetti____Tacchi______
__Fiore____Totti____Miccoli___
___________Vieri___________
If Tacchinardi is in the formation, then it is not the best lineup :p

Sep 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by isha00 ] ++
Panucci has injuried himself. He won't play.
Pancaro has been convocated by trap.
Great, we lose one sh*it player and Trap replaces him with one even worse.

Apr 14, 2003
I know I should not wish any Azzurri to get injured, but I am really happy that Panucci will not play the coming Euro match :D

Sorry, Cristian, and get well soon .

Injured Panucci Out Of Final Qualifier Match

10/08/2003. AS Roma defender Cristian Panucci has left Italy's Coverciano training camp after he suffered a new injury to his ailing ankle.

"It's the same old ankle that hurts me. It's a month things go on like this. From today on I'll cure myself as I say," an extremely nervous Panucci said upon his departure from the Azzurri's home.

Trapattoni is expected to call AC Milan's Giuseppe Pancaro in place of the former Monaco star.

Soccer Age.com

mate

Aug 28, 2002
I'm sorry the reason is an injury but I won't miss Panucci too...

@Zizou: Cassano isn't called up 4 the U21 as usual :groan: actually

@Denco: Gattuso is a very important player IMO, he can contain all the MF alone, he is the leader of Milan and he is doing very well.
Of course he useless in certain cases, but if we want an offensive NT with 3 fowards and 2 offensive wingers we may need him.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
KEEP GATTUSO OUT OF THE STARTING LINE UP

If I want to watch Gattuso play, I might as well watch the WC of Rugby !!!

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Yesterday Italy played a training match against the Italian U-17 and won 12-2. Don't remember all the scorers, but our DV kept his scoring touch by ending top scorer with 4 goals, 2 goals each for Vieri and Inzaghi and one for Miccoli and Totti if I'm not wrong. Good to see DV bagging them as well with the NT ;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
KEEP GATTUSO OUT OF THE STARTING LINE UP

If I want to watch Gattuso play, I might as well watch the WC of Rugby !!!
What's wrong with the Rugby WC? :fero: It starts tomorrow btw, AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE! OI OI OI!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Yesterday Italy played a training match against the Italian U-17 and won 12-2. Don't remember all the scorers, but our DV kept his scoring touch by ending top scorer with 4 goals, 2 goals each for Vieri and Inzaghi and one for Miccoli and Totti if I'm not wrong. Good to see DV bagging them as well with the NT ;)
Scorers: Di Vaio 4, Vieri 2, Inzaghi 2, Totti 1, Miccoli 1, Gattuso 1, Corradi 1

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

What's wrong with the Rugby WC? :fero: It starts tomorrow btw, AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE! OI OI OI!
Gray,

Where in my post did I say there was anything wrong with Rugby ???

If anything, I think Gattuso is in the wrong sport.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)