Euro 2004: Italy - Bulgaria (group C) (1 Viewer)

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
Bulgaria plan depends mainly on offsides so i think trap the crap should play with three forwards (cassano,corradi and divaio) and give vieri a holiday for shopping,so we got to play with 4 3 3 plan

and forget about sweden and Dens cause i think its quite difficult to fix it but a draw by 1-1 is possible and logic and in this case we should score more than 3 goals to get through

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
I think that there is too much history between Sweden and Denmark for these teams to, shall we say, engineer a 2-2 draw.

If the situation was reversed, and it was Italy and Bulgaria who needed a 2-2 draw for both of them to go thro', wouldn't the azzuri feel outraged at a suggestion of match fixing?

These teams will go for each others throats...with Sweden coming out on top 3-1

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
If the powers that be were really hellbent on keeping the Azzuri from advancing, why did they wait until now and this bizzare scenario to start working their magic. Italy really should be assured of making the next round by now, so if someone really did hate the Italians and was able to fix matches, wouldn't they have fixed either the Denmark or Sweden games rather then waiting until the last group stage?

Juvenator

Prediction Game Champ 2004
Sep 14, 2003
Most of u seem to think a 1-1 draw between sweden and denmark means italy must win by 3 goals. This is wrong as a 2 goal win will be enough to go through. This is because if italy win 2-0 and denmark draw 1-1, everything will be completely equal, so it comes down to Uefa Coefficient League. Italy are ahead of Denmark so we will go through. So we must make sure we win by 2 goals, which shouldn't be too difficult, and hope that denmark and sweden play fair.

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dr-Juve ] ++
Bulgaria plan depends mainly on offsides so i think trap the crap should play with three forwards (cassano,corradi and divaio ) and give vieri a holiday for shopping,so we got to play with 4 3 3 plan

and forget about sweden and Dens cause i think its quite difficult to fix it but a draw by 1-1 is possible and logic and in this case we should score more than 3 goals to get through
and where is DP..

He will be the captain in this game :D !

and i think trap should play cassano - dp behinde the striker..! (vieri or di vaio)

K10

Jul 12, 2002
True, but it's all possible.

Hey, anyone remember the CL match some years ago where the two teams were just playing the ball around knowing the other match had ended and the current result would have allowed the two teams to advance?

Somehow Jardel comes to mind, perhaps it was Porto? Anyone know what I am talking about.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by BigIzz ] ++

Good luck convincing people of that...
That's right.
They would have to explain themselves forever.

If they fix the result, it wont be first and last time in the history of football.
I dont reme3ber what match was that, but one of teams lost on purpose to get 2nd place in the group and in ths avoind meeting with very strong opponent in the quarterfinals.

And I really wont be surprised, if Sweden and Denmark fix the match.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
If they will fix it it will be obvious, because either stupid mistakes will be made and goals will fall or they will stop playing when the result will come. It will be for all to see, so I don't even have to waste words to tell you how people will feel about that and this two teams.

Lets just concentrate on Azzurri's game, OK. They have yet to win over Bulgaria. I, personally don't have any doubts that they are going to win, but it's still 35 hours before the game, so there's still time to throw in a few polemics who will play who won't etc. ... come on people, we are excellent at that :D Leave the Vikings and the Danish to battle it out and then we'll talk, enough of them for now.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Neither am I a fan of the butcher, but he does have more experience with big competitions and knows the team better :undecide: Ferrari though, seems to me a more patient man, not to mention skilful.

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by survivor ] ++
Why everyone's so sure that beating Bulgaria ia an easy job.
If Ladvia could stop Germany why can't Bugaria burry Italy.

because ladvia is better then buLgaria, AND italy is BETTER then germany..! ;)

thats why we will beat bulgaria, with DP as captain!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
good news fellas :excited:

Vieri joins injury list
Monday 21 June, 2004

Italy’s preparations for the crunch match with Bulgaria are further hit by fitness worries, as Christian Vieri is now a doubt to feature.

The striker missed Sunday’s training session due to a left knee problem and if his condition does not improve markedly over the next 24 hours he will not be able to start tomorrow’s game.

Coach Giovanni Trapattoni had revealed he wanted to substitute Vieri during the 1-1 draw with Sweden, but was forced to keep him on after Gennaro Gattuso picked up a knock.

The Inter hitman has not impressed during this tournament and wasted a hatful of clear scoring opportunities in that ill-fated tie.

Lazio centre-forward Bernardo Corradi is now standing by to replace him at the head of a 4-3-2-1 system, although Juve’s Marco Di Vaio is another option to take advantage of the lack of pace in the Bulgarian back line.

This has been a tough few days for Vieri, who also hit out at Italian journalists following a false story about a supposed row with teammate Gigi Buffon.

As for Trap, he must also contend with the absence of suspended trio Fabio Cannavaro, Gennaro Gattuso and Francesco Totti, while Cristiano Zanetti’s injury will leave him with a lightweight midfield.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)