Euro 2004: Italy - Bulgaria (group C) (4 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Trap has Vieri doubt
Tuesday 22 June, 2004

Italy boss Giovanni Trapattoni admits that Christian Vieri may be out of tonight’s game against Bulgaria.

The striker had his left knee heavily strapped on Monday and the problem could keep him sidelined for the Group C clash.

"He is in a little pain but we’ll see how he is on the day," said Trap. "I’ll speak with him and the medics before making a decision."

The Azzurri must win the game if they have any hope of qualifying for the last eight but the Coach has more problems.

Francesco Totti, Gennaro Gattuso and Fabio Cannavaro are suspended, while Cristiano Zanetti and Simone Perrotta missed training yesterday.

"That was a precautionary step for Perrotta. I’m convinced that he will be fine," continued the tactician.

"Zanetti’s situation will be more clear by lunchtime. However, I have alternatives for everyone in this squad."

Italy have yet to win at the tournament, making Tuesday’s game crucial to their hopes of staying in the competition.

"I will speak to every player individually because nobody can have any doubts whatsoever," added Trap.

"I want the conviction that we showed against Sweden which will hopefully see us play with the same brilliance."

Much of the pre-match talk has revolved around the possibility that Denmark and Sweden could draw 2-2, a result that would eliminate the Azzurri.

"We can’t think about that game even if anything is possible. The sporting values of those two nations make me think that it will be an honest game."

Trap was then asked whether he realised that the tie against Bulgaria could be his last as Italy boss. "I’ve not even reflected on that," he answered.

So how will Italy play tonight given the absences? "We could mirror the 4-3-3 which we used against Sweden or vary it slightly," concluded Trap.

Italy probable: Buffon; Panucci, Nesta, Materazzi, Zambrotta; Fiore, Pirlo, Perrotta; Cassano, Del Piero; Vieri (Corradi)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Neptune

May 2, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dr-Juve ] ++

i am afraid it wont be enough cause if denmark and swedend game finished with 2-2 draw italy is out
Yes, but I wish we will watch a wonderful match!
And i still feel the 2-2 is so difficult to be true!

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I just hope Italy wins and either Sweden or Denmark wins. And I hope we don't meet the Czech just yet.

But I will not be too disappointed if Denmark & Sweden draw 2-2 since the azzurri put themselves in this situation.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++

Would you just like to see another juventino in the NT our would you actually like ITALY TO WIN???????
Given the choice I'd start DV over an unfit vieri or corradi who's just plain shite anyday of the week!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
the problem is that DV plays wide and makes runs from the wings... DP and Cassano are alraady going to do that while roam behind the striker...

I'm not too fond of Corradi either, but i think he's the better choice... (wish we had Gilardino!! :groan: )

testing

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
the problem is that DV plays wide and makes runs from the wings... DP and Cassano are alraady going to do that while roam behind the striker...

I'm not too fond of Corradi either
, but i think he's the better choice... (wish we had Gilardino!! :groan: )
agreed, agreed, disagreed, and agreed again! :D

Ali, nice to see you around too :) I'm ok at the minute thanks, enjoying life, and this fiesta of football!

How are you?

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I too would prefer DV over Corradi coz I think all Corradi does is foul the opposition defenders.

Am good too Tom, busy but enjoying the football too.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
OFFICIAL!

---------------------------Buff---------------------------

--------Panucci-----Matrix------Nesta---------Zambro---------

------------Fiore----------Pirlo-------------Perrotta---------

---------Cassano---------Corradi-----------Del piero-------------

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)