[EU] Europa League 2015/2016 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Was just a bit of a slow start, which I don't think was a surprise to anyone with the team coming off a 10-hour flight.

Having gone 2-0 down early, it was a decent effort to limit the damage and give ourselves a good chance in the return game.

Longest away trip any team has made in the history of UEFA competition.

Still 73 Aberdeen fans present.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It's very exciting to think we might have a keeper that may win us points over the course of a season.

In recent years it's just been a case of hoping our keepers wouldn't cost us too much.

Last season they fucked us in virtually every important game.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Wasted opportunity against Kairat.

Think both sides were of a similar standard, but we played poorly.

Hayes and McGinn both had off nights and most teams struggle when their two key creative players don't show up.

Was particualrly troubled by the continuing failure to make correct decisions and take risks at the right time. Hayes seemed more prepared to try and beat a player 30 yeards from his own goal than 30 yards from their goal.

McGinn's delivery was just shit.

Generally there was just a failure to put them under pressure and actually make them defend.

Once it got to the last 10 minutes and we piled big guys forward we got a goal and could have got another, but we didn't deserve to go through over the two legs.

It's frustrating to not get further, but I never thought we were likely to make it to the group stage where you can actually feel you've achieved something and make some cash, so I still just view Europe as a bit of fun on the side and I'm far more interested on focusing on competitions we can actually win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)