[EU] Europa League 2014/15 (6 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
It was 7 points before today's games if i'm right? Will our CL semifinal + both Napoli and Fio semifinal's be enough to catch them?
I doubt it, if Juve and Fiorentina/Napoli win their european competitions Italians will be thereabout, but still probably fall short. All Italian final in the EL + Juve lifting the CL could be enough, but that is highly unrealistic scenario.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
EPL needs to have another awful season like this yr and Serie A needs to have another great season like this season for it to have any chance to surpass EPL.I can bank on the latter coming to fruition given the encouraging performances from Italian teams this yr but EPL having another awful season like this one ? I very much doubt it.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
:agree:

Until now Serie A teams were fielding their 3rd teams in EL in order to concentrate on Serie A for a spot that sends to EL, which made no sense.
Ye it was the dumbest thing ever. Get knocked out of EL early to focus on Serie A. Then qualify for EL and get knocked out early again so u can focus on Serie A.

Rinse and repeat I could never understand it.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
It will probably come to that Italians will need to win 1-2 more coeff. pts next season than EPL clubs to surpass them at the end of 2015/16. But year after that even if they are on par with pts in the next season EPL is likely to go down.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Ye it was the dumbest thing ever. Get knocked out of EL early to focus on Serie A. Then qualify for EL and get knocked out early again so u can focus on Serie A.

Rinse and repeat I could never understand it.
I totally agree. I can't understand when they work so hard to get into Europe and an celebrating qualify for Europe only to play a second fiddle squad. It doesn't make sense.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I don't understand what's wrong with Fiorentina winning it, it would only be good for Juve(Like any other Italian team). However I wouldn't stand watching Inter, Napoli, Milan or Roma lift it.
:tup:

I wouldn't be so upset about the Viola winning it. I don't mind that club. I just cannot fathom any Juve fan cheering for Inter, Napoli, or Milan. Roma to a lesser extent.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
:tup:

I wouldn't be so upset about the Viola winning it. I don't mind that club. I just cannot fathom any Juve fan cheering for Inter, Napoli, or Milan. Roma to a lesser extent.
Yeah, Fiorentina is an amazing club, not like the others :lol:

Everyone hates us and it won't change. We're cheering for the italian teams only to see Serie A getting stronger. The only teams i don't want to see anywhere near european finals are Milano trannies.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
He's the anti-Conte.
Thats too harsh on Conte. Conte's first season was clearly punching above his weight. Conte's last season was also arguably worst than normal. The manner of our CL exit and the manner in which he won the league are the only redeeming things about that season.

Mar 10, 2009
There is no way Serie A will take over the EPL, in the near future. The EPL has far too much money, the EPL teams are going through a small blip, but they will be back soon enough

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
17.0 pts :tuttosport:

only .214 behind Spain :tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

It's like us playing Storari in the Coppa Italia, but Storari is actually good while Carrizo is terrible.
Sure but Europa is more important to Inter than Coppa Italia. Its not like he fielded his second best team. He played his best 10 + Carizzo.

Jul 1, 2010
There is no way Serie A will take over the EPL, in the near future. The EPL has far too much money, the EPL teams are going through a small blip, but they will be back soon enough
The problem when you have that much money is that you can also waste it a lot easier by making ridiculous purchases.

The problem with the EPL is not money but outdated tactics and the lack of technique and tactical intelligence in players. Money isn't going to solve that.

Serie A could overtake EPL at the end of next season, which might or might not happen but it is definitely possible.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I agree. City will restructure and get a proper coach. United will eventually get back to a serious level. Chelsea will only get better under Mou. With these resources they'll always be able to lure better players and better coaches. It will take some seriously bad management for all the english teams to continuously flop. Secco type of management.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Competence will always beat money. What's gonna happen is that EPL morons will pump more money into the rest of the world, allowing them to do reasonable things with it.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I doubt it, if Juve and Fiorentina/Napoli win their european competitions Italians will be thereabout, but still probably fall short. All Italian final in the EL + Juve lifting the CL could be enough, but that is highly unrealistic scenario.
Of course Italy can't catch England this year.

The maximum Italy can get till the end of this season is:
- Fiorentina beats Kiev in Firenze (2 pts)+bonus 1 pt for SF qualification+ 4 pts from 2 wins in the semis+1 bonus pt for qualifying to the final+2 pts for a win in the final vs Napoli = 10 points
- Napoli beats Wolfsburg in Naples (2 pts)+bonus 1 pt for SF qualification+ 4 pts from 2 wins in the semis+1 bonus pt for qualifying to the final = 8 points
- Juve beats Monaco (2 pts) + bonus 1 pt for SF qualification + 4 pts for 2 wins in the semis+1 bonus pt for qualifying to the final+2 pts for a win the final = 10 points.

That's 28 points, which are divided by 6 (the number of ITA teams that played in Europe this year). That means the most Italy can get till the end of the season is 4.66 pts, while the difference is bigger than 5 pts.
Only next year, if Italy again has a much better season than the EPL, the Italians will enter the top 3 again.

Jul 1, 2010
Yeah Italy's maximum is 21.66, which isn't going to happen.

I think Italy can finish with something like 19, which would be great. Then, Italy would have to outscore England next season (which isn't going to be easy to repeat) by about 3 points and that should be enough.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
The important thing is that Italian teams keep this good mentality going in regards to the EL.

As long as they do that, eventually they will gain the 4th spot back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)