[ENG] Premier League 2014/2015 (5 Viewers)

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
It would be kind of nice to see if and how things would be different if you suddenly gave Serie A clubs a €7Bn tv deal. I don't think it would be any less immoral, but the difference is that Serie A clubs have had an Italian backing and origin through thick and thin, only now have foreign investors emerged. With more money others would follow.
Thats because Russian & Middle Eastern mooney is new to football, maybe 10 years or so. If Italian serie A was as a good a product or Advertising tool as the Prem, then they would have pumped money into Italy.

Also, Italy has been filled with corruption and mafia involvement, so maybe this could scare outside investment away.....Inter aside.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
These golden age girls reminds me of the right wing parties of europe. Trying to fight and deny globalisation by putting on some extremely biased nostalgic glasses in which football where pristine and pure prior to money in "the wrong hands".

Times are changing. Deal with it. Your Golden Age won't return.
and someone here is saying otherwise?

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
I don't understand why people want to turn back time?

English football were far more dominant in Europe until the ban 1985 than Italian. Just look thru Bert Kassies' ranking.

Together with Germany England was the most successful country in European football from mid 60's until early 80's. Success stemming from British players.

Aston Villa 1982 a great example.

- - - Updated - - -

The prem does have lots of soul and identity, my seat is made of Wood, and I get the same feel as I did going to the ground 25 years ago.
Of course it has. It's one of the things that makes it the biggest league in the World.

Anyone who've ever experienced the passion for football on the British Isles would never claim otherwise.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Actually, I just realised my seat is actually plastic....booooo modern football.

Im in the family enclosure.

You can see me and my son on the Kevin Mirallas V Suarez assault!!

Love Goodison, proper gound.
That, and St James park are the two I've yet to visit. Been to that shiit hole across Stanley park a few times.

Oct 2, 2011
:lol: you think the EPL is more popular than the CL?

English clubs would still be the richest for some time before everyone realizes how weak they are and they lose their sponsorship deals. but you cant oppose the UEFA. it has influence over the FA which leads the EPL so saying UEFA has no power is ridiculous. EPL clubs would be left out of the CL (big money), English NTs would be left out of the European Competitions and that is bad for the english football and their image. so, any decision UEFA implements the EPL would have to live with, like it or not. the problem is, UEFA cares too much about their own money and income so they wont do such radical things as to limit foreigners to 3, 4 or 5. too bad, because that would be the best thing that could happen to football
Technically it is. When the overseas rights come in, we'll make somewhere around £8.5bn over 3 years. That's €11.5bn, which is €3.8bn a season.

The CL makes €1.34bn per season in total. For all the CL clubs. Only 75% goes to the clubs.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2146867.html

So yeah. Not sure about viewership totals, but our league is worth a hell of a lot more than the CL. Would we ever allow it to be destroyed by an anti-PL UEFA rule? Not a chance. How long would UEFA sponsors stick around without English clubs? UEFA doesn't even want a fight like that, they'd lose in humiliating fashion.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Technically it is. When the overseas rights come in, we'll make somewhere around £8.5bn over 3 years. That's €11.5bn, which is €3.8bn a season.

The CL makes €1.34bn per season in total. For all the CL clubs. Only 75% goes to the clubs.

So yeah. Not sure about viewership totals, but our league is worth a hell of a lot more than the CL. Would we ever allow it to be destroyed by an anti-PL UEFA rule? Not a chance. How long would UEFA sponsors stick around without English clubs? UEFA doesn't even want a fight like that, they'd lose in humiliating fashion.
What? :lol:
That's delusion on a whole new level.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009

Calm down, Kimmie.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013

That's all nice and dandy, buddy... But how's England's great factory of talent coming along?

Oct 2, 2011
What? :lol:
That's delusion on a whole new level.
How is it delusional? No one is going to watch the EPL if each club can only have 3 foreigners. A league where Peter Crouch is one of the most skilled strikers won't be worth £5.

It's not delusional at all to think that CL money just isn't that big for us anymore.

That's all nice and dandy, buddy... But how's England's great factory of talent coming along?
What talent factory? lol. We're too far behind to catch up anytime soon. If we had to rely on English players, our league would be scarcely better than the Scottish PL.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
How is it delusional? No one is going to watch the EPL if each club can only have 3 foreigners. A league where Peter Crouch is one of the most skilled strikers won't be worth £5.

It's not delusional at all to think that CL money just isn't that big for us anymore.
It's delusional to think that the EPL is bigger than the Champions League and UEFA.

A conflict & exit of the FA would obviously hurt both parties quite severely, which is why it won't ever happen, but to think that the FA would come out as the winner, "humiliating" UEFA is just pure delusion.

Oct 2, 2011
It's delusional to think that the EPL is bigger than the Champions League and UEFA.

A conflict & exit of the FA would obviously hurt both parties quite severely, which is why it won't ever happen, but to think that the FA would come out as the winner, "humiliating" UEFA is just pure delusion.
* Champions League cumulative audience 4.2 bln people
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/soccer...eague-deal-three-years-142049198--sector.html

As a result, the [Premier League] is now broadcast in 212 countries around the world, with a cumulative audience of almost 5 billion people per season.
Each live Premier League game can have a global audience of more than 12m people, which greatly exceeds viewership of Italy’s Serie A (4.5m), Spain’s La Liga (2.2m), and Germany’s Bundesliga (2m).
http://theconversation.com/hard-evidence-how-much-is-the-premier-league-worth-29863

Er, I don't know how else to say this. We really are the most watched league in the world. Our contract is 3x larger than CL because we have more games, and our viewers are concentrated in the wealthier parts of the world.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Champions League matches are also played mid-week at very inconvenient times for the Americas and Asia (except middle-east), people still make an effort to watch those.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Cumulative is the key word here. The Champions League has 129 games per season, the Premier League has 380 games per season.
CL-final is BY FAR the most watched game in the world on club level.

And of course you are the most watched league in the world (CL is a league only by name), but without the CL English clubs would lose followers so incredibly quickly and turn their attention onto other leagues (vice versa much much less). How someone can't see that is beyond me really.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Is this guy seriously debating EPL vs CL? This has gotta go down as one of the most ridiculous debates I've seen here. Absurd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)