[ENG] Premier League 2014/2015 (2 Viewers)

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
Bayern would have the best German talent around. There is plenty to choose from, same with the Spanish. Even the Italian would still build competitive and decent enough teams. England would die.

You can have all the money in the world but your league is soulless and has no identity when you rely on nothing but foreign talent.

Every time someone mentions "EPL" and "English Football" in the same sentence it makes me want to punch a baby, there's no such thing. It's Football played by foreigners in England, not English Football.
So bitter.

Buy on AliExpress.com

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
When everyone is fit, I think this is about it:

Chelsea:
Cahill-Terry

ManC:
Milner-Hart

ManU:
Shaw-Jones-Carrick-Rooney

Arsenal:
Ramsey (ok Welsh)-Walcott-Wilshere-Welbeck

Tottenham:
Walker-Rose-Dier-Mason-Kane

Liverpool:
Johnson-Gerrard-Henderson-Sterling-Sturridge

Kind of sad indeed.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
sad for who? I would find the opposite sad, if Juve filled up with Italians for instance, italian club for italians only i.e.
I ain't saying it should be 11 Italians, but a minimum of 5 own nationalities in the lineup and 5 players from own youth in the squad (may be the 5 italians, but can also be other nationalities that have been at the club for 3 years f.e.) should be do-able.
And if they are not good enough, then invest in youth training, they did that at Anderlecht and just look at the current squad (not only the starting lineup with Tielemans, Praet, Dedoncker, Mbemba but also on the bench with Alvarez, Iseka, Roef and what has already left, Musonda, Januzaj, Lukaku).
All young guys that are great prospects and will hopefully will bring a lot to the first team and afterwards, to the banc account.

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
so true. The best english sides have 1 or 2 englishmen starting for them. if it wasnt for money no one outside england would give 2 $#@!s.
So exactly what most think of Italy then ??

So bitter.

Football goes in cycles, and Italy certainly had their day throwing money around all over the place....look at it now.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
But he's 100% right. You have incredibly mediocre NT, and when you think about it you always had, despite the hype that surrounds you, mostly created by your media. Football is considered to be your major sport, but you haven't been able to develope WC player for decades, someone that would be recognized for his talent, not marketing, all around globe. This new contract will further diminish your NT's chances to achieve anything worthwile on major tournaments.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Football goes in cycles, and Italy certainly had their day throwing money around all over the place....look at it now.
but even when Italian clubs had money there was always quality homegrown players and many were key players in their teams. same cant be said about the PL currently

Oct 2, 2011
Bayern would have the best German talent around. There is plenty to choose from, same with the Spanish. Even the Italian would still build competitive and decent enough teams. England would die.

You can have all the money in the world but your league is soulless and has no identity when you rely on nothing but foreign talent.

Every time someone mentions "EPL" and "English Football" in the same sentence it makes me want to punch a baby, there's no such thing. It's Football played by foreigners in England, not English Football.
lol half of Bayern's team is foreigners. Real would be permanent second banana to Barca without infusions of foreign talent.

Why do you think our league is so popular? A worldwide audience doesn't care to watch a bunch of English, they like the cosmopolitan league. I'm American so insult England all you want, I don't care whether they produce a single good player. Neither do the fans in China, Indonesia, or anywhere else we have big TV contracts. Most viewers of the EPL don't even come from England.

England wouldn't die, we're making more money than all the other leagues combined. We'd just break away. American, Chinese, British and Australian sponsors would abandon the Champions League as the most popular worldwide clubs are excluded, causing UEFA to implode. UEFA has no power anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)