[ENG] Premier League 2014/2015 (8 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Cumulative is the key word here. The Champions League has 129 games per season, the Premier League has 380 games per season.
True. If I were a TV station, I'd rather have the rights to EPL over CL. Sure, CL is much more prestigious but the fact you get a games almost every weekend is more important.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Is this guy seriously debating EPL vs CL? This has gotta go down as one of the most ridiculous debates I've seen here. Absurd.
Tbf he's just acting the way Italians used to in the 80's and 90's placing his domestic league above all. I've no problem with that (Apart from his nation's lack of talent but that's another story). Traditionally both us Brazilians and the Italians never paid that much interest to continental competitions because our domestic leagues were where the glory was.

BUT there's a difference, a huge difference i must say. Lega Calcio was regarded as more prestigious than the CL because it had the best teams in the world. The English clubs of today aren't the best. In fact, apart from Chelsea they all pretty much can't compete at Europe level.

So yes, he's delusional.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Tbf he's just acting the way Italians used to in the 80's and 90's placing his domestic league above all. I've no problem with that (Apart from his nation's lack of talent but that's another story). Traditionally both us Brazilians and the Italians never paid that much interest to continental competitions because our domestic leagues were where the glory was.

BUT there's a difference, a huge difference i must say. Lega Calcio was regarded as more prestigious than the CL because it had the best teams in the world. The English clubs of today aren't the best. In fact, apart from Chelsea they all pretty much can't compete at Europe level.

So yes, he's delusional.
There are huge differences between now and the 80es. Football and fandom back then was a much more regional phenomenom as opposed to the globalised one today. The CL wasn't nearly as important, and I'm under the impression that most of the biggest clubs in every major league cared more about their national league than European competitions.

Today, no league in the world can reasonably claim to be bigger than the CL. And as you said, while the EPL has got a fair share of very strong clubs, the strongest three clubs are all situated outside ouf it.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013

So yes, he's delusional.
:agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)