Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Pogba left, he got replaced by Pjanic.

Whatever else we get, is here to boost our width, especially with cheesio out
Pjanic is gonna do brilliantly here.

I just wish a new signing would be more enthusiastic after seeing one of the biggest gems in Europe leave. I don't like the fact we're have to rely more on Khedira. Not that I don't rate him but he's sort of made out of glass at this point. Not only that but I don't know what to expect from Marchisio (hopefully he won't pull a Strootman and get another injury right after). So in other words I'd pretty much like to see a badass DM/b2b player. I don't know if Matuidi or Witsel fit in that category.

Buy on AliExpress.com

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Pogba Morata money = Higuain, Pjanic, Matic, Alves, Pjaca, Benatia, Matuidi/Gustavo, Lemina.

Good business, imagine Manchester united signed those players instead of signing pogba. they would have the best team in epl by far.

----------DDG
Alves Benatia Smalling Shaw
----Pjanic Matic Matuidi
---------Rooney
-----Martial Higuain

thats better than

----------DDG
Darmian Baily Smalling Shaw
------Herrera Pogba
Mikitaryain Rooney Martial
-----------Ibra

Tomate

Jul 19, 2014
With Pogba being gone, Lemina needs to stay under ANY circumstance. Selling him only can be justified to finance keeping Pogba & that train has passed.

Itay

Aug 10, 2009
You're easily impressed
Back to the discussion... I don't know why you hate him so much. so he has this clumsy attitude. so does Chiellini, and we love him.
Matuidi is an excellent ball winner, a fighter, pretty good passing although short ones mostly.
He's not Pogba and will never be, but Matuidi is the best CM we can get in this transfer window.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Back to the discussion... I don't know why you hate him so much. so he has this clumsy attitude. so does Chiellini, and we love him.
Matuidi is an excellent ball winner, a fighter, pretty good passing although short ones mostly.
He's not Pogba and will never be, but Matuidi is the best CM we can get in this transfer window.
Chiellini is not a midfielder...

I disagree that his passing is good. its actually pretty poor.

If we want to go toe to toe with Barca, Real and Bayern, we need all our midfielders to be technically sound and capable of keeping possession under high pressure. Matuidi would be a liability

Itay

Aug 10, 2009
Chiellini is not a midfielder...

I disagree that his passing is good. its actually pretty poor.

If we want to go toe to toe with Barca, Real and Bayern, we need all our midfielders to be technically sound and capable of keeping possession under high pressure. Matuidi would be a liability
Well that's simply not true. I remember a great assist for Giroud in the Euros, and there were lots more.
His passing are very decent, and he has long legs and is a willing runner.
Better than Witsel or Matic that's for sure. and smarter too.

Barca are great but what are busquets' attributes? only positioning and wit... that's all you need to be successful in this position.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Well that's simply not true. I remember a great assist for Giroud in the Euros, and there were lots more.
His passing are very decent, and he has long legs and is a willing runner.
Better than Witsel or Matic that's for sure. and smarter too.

Barca are great but what are busquets' attributes? only positioning and wit... that's all you need to be successful in this position.
Remember that wonderful Sissoko assist for Krasic's goal? France had almost no decent midfield play thanks to having midfielders like him, Kante and Sissoko who were incapable of building the play while Pogba was restricted to playing behind them.

Busquets is excellent at keeping the ball moving. He rarely gets dispossessed and has great ball control. I don't like him but he's nowhere as limited as Matuidi

Anyway I just think we have to aim for better than a midfielder who is only capable of running and tackling like some EPL midtable oaf

P.S. I'm bored in class.

Itay

Aug 10, 2009
I see what you mean, but there aren't any options available. I'm sure if Andre Gomes what still on the market we'd splash the cash on him.
Matuidi is the best of the crop.

Qwisto

Oct 5, 2010
I see what you mean, but there aren't any options available. I'm sure if Andre Gomes what still on the market we'd splash the cash on him.
Matuidi is the best of the crop.
This, Matuidi is the best we've been linked with. Him or Matic would be sufficient imo but I highly doubt we'll get either.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
How good is Matuidi in Claudio's position? Or is he more of a LCM only player?

I'd only get him if he came with someone else because I think we need his physicality if Pogba goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)