Emerson confirms Real snub (1 Viewer)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Juventus star Emerson has confirmed that he turned down the chance to join Spanish giants Real Madrid in the summer.

The Brazil international is a key member for The Bianconeri and originally spurned the chance to move to La Liga upon joining Fabio Capello at Stadio Delle Alpi in 2004.

However, the former Roma man, who has also rejected overtures from England in the past, has now confirmed he was yet again the subject of interest from the Bernabeu - although he was keen to settle down in Serie A.

"Last year I got an offer from Real. I felt good at Juve so there weren't any reasons to annul my deal," Emerson told Terra Esportes.

"When a player stays for a long time with a team he's able to give more.

"Changing team-mates and job environment is never a good thing. If a player receives affection from his club he must repay it.

"In a moment in which he signs a contract he's aware he must be called to respect it."

-Sky Sports

:touched:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Emerson: "Niente Real, preferisco la Juventus"
07 03 2006
Il centrocampista bianconero Emerson ha definitivamente posto la parola fine all'eventualità di un trasferimento al Real Madrid a giugno. "Non andrò mai al Real, che mi aveva cercato in estate. Ho deciso che resterò della Juventus fino al 2008. Le voci su di me sono un classico, ci sono abituato".
---------------------------------

emo does not wanna go to real. he stay´s with us..:weee:

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
summer 2004: Emerson snubs Real Madrid
summer 2005: Emerson snubs Real Madrid

I wonder what next year's transfer period will bring :D

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
summer 2006: Emerson snubs Real Madrid :D

Emerson rejects Real option
Tuesday 7 March, 2006
Juventus midfielder Emerson has ruled out a Real Madrid move, while Marco Marchionni has explained why he’s agreed to join him in Turin next season.

The Brazilian has continually been associated with the Spanish giants after initially catching their eye at Roma.

Some whispers have claimed that Real will make a renewed bid for him in the summer, but the South American has committed himself to the Old Lady.

“I will never join Real,” said the midfielder. “They were after me last summer but I decided that I will stay at Juventus until 2008.

“The story linking me with Real Madrid is now a classic, I am well used to reading it in the newspapers.”

Emerson will be joined in the Juve midfield next season by Marchionni after he agreed to a Delle Alpi switch.

The in-demand Parma winger, who is available on a free transfer, was followed by a number of clubs but opted for Juve’s no-nonsense approach.

“I chose Juventus because while the others were just making me promises, Juventus instantly wanted my signature on a contract,” he outlined.

“I am sure that Fabio Capello will know how to use my characteristics for the good of the team next term.”

Marchionni, an Italian international, was also believed to be a target for Roma, Fiorentina and Internazionale.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Mr. Gol said:
I can imagine his answering machine message :biggrin:
"Hi, you have reached Il Puma. Please leave a message. And if you're Florentino Pérez, you guys are all losers -- which is why I don't belong there. Bye. *beep*"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)