Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (17 Viewers)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
You're a fan I take it? He's probably the most known Egyptian musician overseas. He really knows how to sell his music to a foreign audience.

Btw, I stayed with a Sudanese family for a few days earlier this year and they watched a lot of Egyptian movies. This Adel Emam guy was one of their favorites. They said he was pretty legendary in the Egyptian cinema. Has he spoken out about all this?
nope :D its an open wound bec right now his fans are all wondering the same thing :D yeah he knows how to sell his music and he has a strong pr group behind him not to mention when rotana are yr producers i,e prince walid ibn talal u go far.

as for adel emam he is a legend inthe arab region, even though his recent stuff are not up to his standard mainly bec he has grown older. he toke the wrong side in this situation too, and its said ( i did;nt hear this in person) that he said whats happening is wrong and that we r destroying a perfectly fine country dont know which country he is talking about or which one he is living in :D bec its def not the one we all live in

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Time will tell, bro.
in this time and age i wont be surprised if all the documents come out soon!! its fishy i'm with u but what i told u is what i saw on al arabiya bec they were following this intensily and had a huge panel of people talk about this in particular bec the army refused to move into cairo until later that night when the police went out.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,223
    nope :D its an open wound bec right now his fans are all wondering the same thing :D yeah he knows how to sell his music and he has a strong pr group behind him not to mention when rotana are yr producers i,e prince walid ibn talal u go far.

as for adel emam he is a legend inthe arab region, even though his recent stuff are not up to his standard mainly bec he has grown older. he toke the wrong side in this situation too, and its said ( i did;nt hear this in person) that he said whats happening is wrong and that we r destroying a perfectly fine country.
    I have no idea about Diab's position on this, but Adel Imam was all stupid when talking politics. I will never forget when he said that Palestinians are the ones that are trying to destory Egypt from inside and organized a demonstration against the people of Gaza before two years, and used to suck to Mubarak for everthing he was doing. He was a great comedy actor in 70s, but when he moved to political movies like The Terrorist and such movies, he went down the drain. In his last movies, he used nothing but sexual words and scenes to promote his movies. If he died 20 years ago, he would be considered a legend. Now, I think he is not that respected person by the majority. Of course, I'm talking about the majority of Non-Egyptian Arabs here. I have no idea how his popularity inside Egypt is.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,224
    Saudis Told Obama 'Not to Humiliate Mubarak'

Saudi Arabia has threatened to prop up President Mubarak if the White House tries to force a swift change of regime in Egypt. In a testy personal telephone call on January 29, King Abdullah told President Obama not to humiliate Mr Mubarak and warned that he would step in to bankroll Egypt if the US withdrew its aid programme, worth $1.5 billion annually. America's closest ally in the Gulf made clear that the Egyptian President must be allowed to stay on to oversee the transition towards peaceful democracy and then leave with dignity.

--------------------------------

This is from the main page of the Times. I could not read the details inside the newspaper because the idiots want cash, and I'm too cheap to pay them.

-------------------------

Anyway, back to the news, I'm not surprised at all. I hope I will live to the day that Saud family will see the same destiny of the Tunisian dictator.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    I have no idea about Diab's position on this, but Adel Imam was all stupid when talking politics. I will never forget when he said that Palestinians are the ones that are trying to destory Egypt from inside and organized a demonstration against the people of Gaza before two years, and used to suck to Mubarak for everthing he was doing. He was a great comedy actor in 70s, but when he moved to political movies like The Terrorist and such movies, he went down the drain. In his last movies, he used nothing but sexual words and scenes to promote his movies. If he died 20 years ago, he would be considered a legend. Now, I think he is not that respected person by the majority. Of course, I'm talking about the majority of Non-Egyptian Arabs here. I have no idea how his popularity inside Egypt is.
    perfectly said :tup: and i agree with having to go to scenes to make his movies move. his movies have'nt been making high profits bec with each movie the standard story wise and everything just keeps dropping. not just for him egyptain movies except a very limited few if none are piss poor!!!

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004

as for adel emam he is a legend inthe arab region, even though his recent stuff are not up to his standard mainly bec he has grown older. he toke the wrong side in this situation too, and its said ( i did;nt hear this in person) that he said whats happening is wrong and that we r destroying a perfectly fine country dont know which country he is talking about or which one he is living in :D bec its def not the one we all live in
    How sad. Seems like he's a stubborn old fart just like Mubarak; trying to stick around and pretend he still matters :disagree:

Anyway, back to the news, I'm not surprised at all. I hope I will live to the day that Saud family will see the same destiny of the Tunisian dictator.
    Amen to that.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,228
    The army now controlled everything, it seems.

Some people say that Tantawi is the leader. Others say Anan is the one.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    bye bye mubarak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! still waiting for the official statement but now the army is in charge.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    What is the ideology of your army, if there is any?
    i honestly dont know turk i am not sure of the answer but i think naggar or hist would know this one. i know the army will protect the country until a new president comes in. as things stand the defence minister takes over although its still unclear where the vice comes in all of this.

also the army just declared they r with the people and not against them and they agree with the wishes of the people.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    Yo Ahmed. Out of those, which one are you going to vote for to be Egypt's president?

Ayman Noor, El Baradei, Mohammed Badie or Amr Moussa :yuck:

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    hands down amro mousa!! dont judge him on his role in the arab league we all know mubarak sent him to the dying ship bec his star was rising bec he people love him and he is a respectable person.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)