Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (24 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
I dunno, I always found that to be very selfish...as if people don't have enough things to worry about, here's somebody who going on about their own shit.
I'd consider you a friend, so friends listen and help eachother, but I'll stop badgering you. I'm here if you want mate.

Jasp

Mar 19, 2009
I'ms sorry Hus, i really like him and i want him to be our striker too but not if we lose Diego because of it, or spend 30+million on him. That's just way to much. I would not even pay 30million if it ment we could get Aguero, who i rate higher then Dzeko.
Aguero and Dzeko cannot be compared imo. Dzeko is a goalscorer and Aguero is a supporting striker. I don't think the choice is between Aguero and Dzeko, it is between Diego and Aguero and Dezko and Amauri/Treze/Iaquinta, if it at all make sense to put it like that.

Diego behind Dzeko could be very lethal :weee:

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Edin Dzeko's Father Tries To Soften Wolfsburg's Stance In Juventus Negotiations

Juventus hope the involvement of Edin Dzeko's father in negotiations with Wolfsburg will help transform talks into a concrete move for the striker.

Tuttosport reports the player's father will speak with Wolfsburg directors and tell them to loosen their grip on his son because he wants to leave for the Old Lady.

Bianconeri director Giuseppe Marotta hopes the family involvement helps as he puts more emphasis on signing the striker, casting aside a move for CSKA Moscow ace Milos Krasic.

On Wednesday Andrea Agnelli, the Juventus president, provisioned €30 million for Dzeko, but the Germans are still being hard headed over the transfer by expecting €40m in cash.

Should the Dzeko plan fail completely, Marotta has set funds for Krasic. CSKA could accept €15m as figures and deadlines constantly change.

The FIGC's limit on non-EU transfers means Juventus can only sign one or the other this summer.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/tran...ries-to-soften-wolfsburgs-stance-in-juventus-

Apr 17, 2009
Yeah.

But look where the one time we went expensive has gotten us.
Where? You tell me. At least we have 2 quality players who other clubs are actually interested in signing.

Push come to shove and we wanted to get rid of Diego and Melo we would do that a lot easier than than getting rid of anyone else in the squad.

Thats a fact. The cheap players we buy have no resale value as no other clybs want them. Even if we bought Dzeko and he flopped horribly we'd still be able to sell him on for 20m+.

Can't say the same about any other players we've bought in the last 5 years aside from Diego and Melo though.

Curious though where did signing Diego and Melo get us? Unless you're talking about the squad being led by two joke coaches last season which is beyond anyone in the squad's control. No team would have won or done well with either of those 'coaches'(and I use this term extremely loosely) leading them.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Where? You tell me. At least we have 2 quality players who other clubs are actually interested in signing.

Push come to shove and we wanted to get rid of Diego and Melo we would do that a lot easier than than getting rid of anyone else in the squad.

Thats a fact. The cheap players we buy have no resale value as no other clybs want them. Even if we bought Dzeko and he flopped horribly we'd still be able to sell him on for 20m+.

Can't say the same about any other players we've bought in the last 5 years aside from Diego and Melo though.

Curious though where did signing Diego and Melo get us? Unless you're talking about the squad being led by two joke coaches last season which is beyond anyone in the squad's control. No team would have won or done well with either of those 'coaches'(and I use this term extremely loosely) leading them.

Shelling out the big money got us 7th place & a European campaign to laugh at. I'm obviously not saying it's their fault, let alone ONLY their fault. But it's a fact nevertheless.

And sure, you can still sell a guy like Melo, but if you do it right now you'd probably lose around 7-10 million €. The cheap players' value usually isn't even that high to begin with, so that means your losses are actually smaller.

Anyway, my point was very simple. Buying expensive players does not mean success. Just as much as buying cheap does not mean failure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)