Dušan Vlahović - ST - Fiorentina (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Kulusesvki could be sold in the summer to make place for Vlahovic.Morata is likely to stay as Allegri considers him an important player . Two months ago Atalanta were already looking to bring Dejan back to the club.(Corriere della sera)
Lol makes no sense. If we sell Kulusevski, why would we do it to Atalanta? All they can do is loan and pay us portion of a fee of someone buys him off them. And I don't think we get rid of him yet anyway

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
also imagine atalanta paying at least ~20m (kulu's expected book value next summer) for someone they loaned out to parma because they thought he wasn't a good fit for gasp's football

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
The numbers being mentioned suggest he is an exceptional talent. I have to admit besides the ones against Juve I have seen maybe 3-4 games from him, but he didn't give me that impression. IIRC the goal from open play he scored against us, his heavy touch almost ruined the chance. Nice finish though.

21 goals last season seems a lot, but 6 of those were penalties. Still an impressive amount for a 21-year old ofcourse.

Genoa's Piatek also looked like the next big thing, look at him now.

Vlahovic could end up being a superstar, but the prices being mentioned would take a big chunk out of the budget which also could be used for finally fixing the midfield.

Once again, I have seen too little from him to judge. If you guys think he is a player we should not miss out on and invest heavily in, I'm on board. As much as I like Morata, he should not be our main man upfront for the coming years.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Funny how any time a Serie A striker is mentioned people always bring up Piatek.

They are completely different players and Piatek has nothing to his game other than finishing and was signed after half a season. Vlahovic has impressed me with his physical presence and ability to hold up the ball, something we struggle with at times up front. Then there is the 21 goals he scored at a young age last season, plus 6 in 8 this season. He's continued to progress well over his career.

He may flop, there is a risk with any transfer, especially young players. But to liken him to Piatek is unfair, the only way they are alike is that the are forwards outside the top teams.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Funny how any time a Serie A striker is mentioned people always bring up Piatek.

They are completely different players and Piatek has nothing to his game other than finishing and was signed after half a season. Vlahovic has impressed me with his physical presence and ability to hold up the ball, something we struggle with at times up front. Then there is the 21 goals he scored at a young age last season, plus 6 in 8 this season. He's continued to progress well over his career.

He may flop, there is a risk with any transfer, especially young players. But to liken him to Piatek is unfair, the only way they are alike is that the are forwards outside the top teams.
Idk what your are on about.

Piatek is the best player in the world.

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007

I'm not saying they are the same type of player. I bet most of us wanted Piatek at the time. I was one of them.

Let me put it this way. If the rumoured prices and competition for his signature are true, I dont believe we would have the cash to purchase both Vlahovic and a top midfielder. So unless we go with another freebie like Kessie (which would be fine if we get last seasons version of him), getting Vlahovic would likely mean no big midfield signing.

If we do have the cash for both, then we should go for it. I'm just really sick of our midfield and dont want us to neglect it again. Locatelli was a good start, but we need atleast one more top midfielder.

Once again, not seen enough of Vlahovic.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014

man don’t worry about it, I remember people were calling Chiesa Berna 2.0 on here not that long ago. Lazy narratives are easy.

Juve_newbie

Jan 11, 2017
I am still sceptical about Vlahovic. From what I see from him this season, he has two big weakness. Firstly, his touch is kind of unrefined and inconsistent in my opinion. Sometimes he controls the ball coming to him perfect & skillful, sometimes he reminds me of Lukaku and Amauri (when he is bad). But that weakness can be improved with training as Conte has done with Lukaku.

Secondly, he is extremely left-footed. He can do nothing with his right foot, even when shooting at 12m or passing more than 10m. As a striker, he needs to use both of his feet efficiently like Lewandowski or Suarez or Ronaldo (both), otherwise he will be very one-dimensional. Nearly every defender of Real, Bayern, PSG, English clubs are strong, tall and pretty fast. They can just force him to the right side and he will be ineffective without someone go overlap because he can't shoot with his right foot. We can see that happens so many times with Vieri in European match, who I think shares so many features with Vlahovic.

Of course, some striker is also fairly left-footed but still great like Henry or Haaland, but one is very fast & skillful in dribbling & touch (Henry) or extremely physical, agile, fast with efficient first touch (Haaland), but Vlahovic doesn't possess such quality.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I am still sceptical about Vlahovic. From what I see from him this season, he has two big weakness. Firstly, his touch is kind of unrefined and inconsistent in my opinion. Sometimes he controls the ball coming to him perfect & skillful, sometimes he reminds me of Lukaku and Amauri (when he is bad). But that weakness can be improved with training as Conte has done with Lukaku.

Secondly, he is extremely left-footed. He can do nothing with his right foot, even when shooting at 12m or passing more than 10m. As a striker, he needs to use both of his feet efficiently like Lewandowski or Suarez or Ronaldo (both), otherwise he will be very one-dimensional. Nearly every defender of Real, Bayern, PSG, English clubs are strong, tall and pretty fast. They can just force him to the right side and he will be ineffective without someone go overlap because he can't shoot with his right foot. We can see that happens so many times with Vieri in European match, who I think shares so many features with Vlahovic.

Of course, some striker is also fairly left-footed but still great like Henry or Haaland, but one is very fast & skillful in dribbling & touch (Henry) or extremely physical, agile, fast with efficient first touch (Haaland), but Vlahovic doesn't possess such quality.
He is not the finished article but still one best striker in Europe under the age of 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)