Dušan Vlahović - ST - Fiorentina (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
:tup:

You’re talking to a guy who used to go on and on about xGoals. Well… we’re underperforming our xGoals by 5 goals, Viola are outperforming theirs by 5 goals. The difference between us and them is Vlahovic. He finishes his chances and some of his half chances. Kean and Morty don’t.
and he also keeps opposition cb's busy, same as ronaldo did for us. i watched cagliari viola yesterday and fiorentina looked very streile in attack without vlahovic, despite having most starters available, only missed martinez quarta from defense, and played new signing ikoné instead of callejón. they also had the world's best player in cf lol. and they played one of the worst teams in the league. vlahovic also requires service, he's not like ronaldinho or messi, but still makes a difference with his physical presence and efficiency.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
and he also keeps opposition cb's busy, same as ronaldo did for us. i watched cagliari viola yesterday and fiorentina looked very streile in attack without vlahovic, despite having most starters available, only missed martinez quarta from defense, and played new signing ikoné instead of callejón. they also had the world's best player in cf lol. and they played one of the worst teams in the league. vlahovic also requires service, he's not like ronaldinho or messi, but still makes a difference with his physical presence and efficiency.
I think on of our biggest problems is that there is never a player in the attack to keep the ball and pass it wisely. Morata goes down at minimum contact always so there really is not a case of him doing it if he has opponent behind him. He was never able to play with his back to the goal though, so its no suprise really. Higuain also was really good at it, but he did it sometimes and he also delivered in different areas. Morata doesnt have that lethal shot though, his passing is good overall but there is no grinta in him.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I think on of our biggest problems is that there is never a player in the attack to keep the ball and pass it wisely. Morata goes down at minimum contact always so there really is not a case of him doing it if he has opponent behind him. He was never able to play with his back to the goal though, so its no suprise really. Higuain also was really good at it, but he did it sometimes and he also delivered in different areas. Morata doesnt have that lethal shot though, his passing is good overall but there is no grinta in him.
morata's problems start and begin with scoring. he's decent in everything else.

based on the stats, immobile shits on everyone though (per 90 min metrics here):

1643014358487.png

:snoop:

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Hate to be a working clock that tells the correct time 24/7 but this dogshit team needs to see the limited funds spent on a midfield.

We needed a MF in 2016 when Higuain came in
We needed a MF in 2018 when CR7 came in
We need a MF now in 2022 when this guy is about to come it

Notice how between every row there is a decline?

Tuz never listens and always cheers for the next unnecessary expensive forward signing.
Morata is a pathetic player to have as main striker. With our current defense and Allegri we could do a lot more than right now if we had a competent player upfront.

Not that our midfield doesn't need an overhaul, but if I had to choose between Morata and bringing in an expensive midfielder vs Vlahovic and Rovella, I think we will be better with the later.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017

based on the stats, immobile shits on everyone though (per 90 min metrics here):

1643014358487.png

Immobile does shit on everyone, 3 of the 5 players in that comparison don't score double digits in Serie A while Immobile is in the all time scorers list.

Stats don't tell the whole picture about playstyle though. Morata is good at link up play but depressingly bad at holding up the ball, playing with his back to goal, and winning a physical battle with a CB. Which are things we need from our CF currently. Vlahovic is also not a master at this, but the difference with Morata is night and day.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
not really, look at Martinez:
1643014891036.png

but i think Morata record has improved lately, he had like 4 less goals scored than expected three or so weeks ago.
i meant juve players, sorry for the confusion. how did morata improve on his xg while not scoring since the bologna game more than a month ago though

anyway, point is that we need a clinical cf, whether it's vlahovic or someone else

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Martinez isn't the CF though, that's Dzeko who is pretty much at his xG.
its also funny that their SS has double xG than our CF.
Also the guy which we laughed at - Calhanoglu is on 6 G 7A for them, something we could really used this season.
HE BASICALLY SHITS ON ALL OF OUR MIDFIELD:
1643015464686.png

1643015484822.png

- - - Updated - - -

i meant juve players, sorry for the confusion. how did morata improve on his xg while not scoring since the bologna game more than a month ago though

anyway, point is that we need a clinical cf, whether it's vlahovic or someone else
ur right on Morata, might be an overstatemnt from me, or maybe I was looking at the stats from both CL and Serie A then.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

1643014358487.png

Morty’s conversion rate and Kean’s shot accuracy :rofl:

We all know Immobile performs in his upper mid-table serie a comfort zone, but he was rubbish in Bundesfodda and rubbish in La Liga, and pretty much rubbish for Azzurri. He’s also 32 in a few weeks. While Vlahovic is about to turn 22. At that age Ciro was still in Serie B, and at 23 he scored 5 goals in 33 appearances in his first Serie a season. Not sure why he’s in your comparison… :shifty:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Morty’s conversion rate and Kean’s shot accuracy :rofl:

We all know Immobile performs in his upper mid-table serie a comfort zone, but he was rubbish in Bundesfodda and rubbish in La Liga, and pretty much rubbish for Azzurri. He’s also 32 in a few weeks. While Vlahovic is about to turn 22. At that age Ciro was still in Serie B, and at 23 he scored 5 goals in 33 appearances in his first Serie a season. Not sure why he’s in your comparison… :shifty:
cause he's also a serie a striker playing in a similar environment. it shows how much could vlahovic, scamacca and kean still improve in multiple aspects. (morata won't, he's a different player and age.) i'm not suggesting immobile should be a target or anything, i'm just saying that you can do a lot more as a cf than just stand there and wait for the ball. immobile's workrate is exemplary, and i'm sure that he matured a lot since his dortmund days. i also had a free slot in the comparison and i thought why not :p

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
cause he's also a serie a striker playing in a similar environment. it shows how much could vlahovic, scamacca and kean still improve in multiple aspects. (morata won't, he's a different player and age.) i'm not suggesting immobile should be a target or anything, i'm just saying that you can do a lot more as a cf than just stand there and wait for the ball. immobile's workrate is exemplary, and i'm sure that he matured a lot since his dortmund days. i also had a free slot in the comparison and i thought why not :p
Fair enough. I agree with you then. :)

Vlahovic’s ground duel and aerial duel success rates are very impressive. 1st in ground duels in the group by a huge margin, and 2nd in aerial duels. That kind of stuff would endear him to Allegri.

Jun 16, 2020

Vlahovic’s ground duel and aerial duel success rates are very impressive. 1st in ground duels in the group by a huge margin, and 2nd in aerial duels. That kind of stuff would endear him to Allegri.
Its so important that we sign someone who’s able to win those duels. Besides the scoring part, which is obvious.

Allegri played the important games very defensively this year and we keep losing the ball whenever we reach our attackers. We need someone who’s able to hold the ball, playing one touch on the counter is biting us and Morata can’t perform like this on a weekly base. Kean isn’t a focal point either.

Hopefully we sign him, would be a massive upgrade and potentially someone who will bring us to top 4.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

1643018851707.png

only considering their performances, any of these players would be an upgrade. not that they are all the right profile, due to age, contract situation or expenses.

also, if you look at the length of those bars, the weakest part of vlahovic's game is passing. morata is certainly better in build-up and counters, so that's something vlahovic should work on. other than that, he's already a good enough cf. midfield will be a harder task to fix though.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
1643018851707.png

only considering their performances, any of these players would be an upgrade. not that they are all the right profile, due to age, contract situation or expenses.

also, if you look at the length of those bars, the weakest part of vlahovic's game is passing. morata is certainly better in build-up and counters, so that's something vlahovic should work on. other than that, he's already a good enough cf. midfield will be a harder task to fix though.
Duvan Zapata is the perfect profile for this team imo. Too bad he is 30 and Atalanta won't sell for a reasonable price.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
First hours in casa Juve already very busy, the parties are working to please Vlahovic and Fiorentina. It would be wrong to say that it is already a done deal but it's right to know that they are doing everything to find an agreement for this mercato.(Guido Tolomei)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)