Donadoni new c.t. azzurro (4 Viewers)

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Erik-with-a-k said:
When was the last time an U-21 team ever went on to win a big boys prize? We're lacking depth, especially in defence. The decay isn't finished yet, it'll get worse before it gets better again
most of the italian players of this world champion team have allready won european U21 championships, even if not all at the same time..

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i think its a very good move to bring Roberto in for the azzuri.The team needs an open minded coach with flexibility in his formations and tactics , old skool tactics wont work well with these players who r used to playing under Lippi.

All the luck to Senior Donadoni, was a great as a player and did well as a coach .

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
You do not need oodles and oodles of experience to be Nt manager and i have always thought a manager's role is vastly overrated anyways. Donadoni has played at the very highest level and recently and thats all you need. He would have a great understanding with players and they will all respect him as most of them are inferior to him as a player. A lot of players have gone on to big jobs without experience with varying degrees of success eg Platini with no experience took over the France's manager's job, won 8 out of 8 in EC qualifiers before going on to stink the place out in euro92. Beckenbauer took W. Germany to wc final with no experience at all in 86, took them to euro88 semis and won the wc in 90
Rijkard went to euro2000 semis, Van Basten won his qualifying group, Voeller took Germany to wc final and Klinsmann went to semis
Conversely Trapatoni with all his experience couldn't take Italy anywhere
Ericsson did nothing with England

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
denco said:
You do not need oodles and oodles of experience to be Nt manager and i have always thought a manager's role is vastly overrated anyways. Donadoni has played at the very highest level and recently and thats all you need. He would have a great understanding with players and they will all respect him as most of them are inferior to him as a player. A lot of players have gone on to big jobs without experience with varying degrees of success eg Platini with no experience took over the France's manager's job, won 8 out of 8 in EC qualifiers before going on to stink the place out in euro92. Beckenbauer took W. Germany to wc final with no experience at all in 86, took them to euro88 semis and won the wc in 90
Rijkard went to euro2000 semis, Van Basten won his qualifying group, Voeller took Germany to wc final and Klinsmann went to semis
Conversely Trapatoni with all his experience couldn't take Italy anywhere
Ericsson did nothing with England
Lippi with his experience won the cup, same goes to parriera in 94 and scolari in 2002, Emme Jackie had some experience to guide france in 98.

the job isnt underrated at all, cryuff was ordered by his doctors to leave coaching with all its pressures.

but i agree that u dont need that much experience to guide a team to success.There will not be much things to do with this team as they have the advantage of being a close group already for a long time.Lets see how will Roberto handle giving new players a chance or not.

Sep 14, 2003
denco said:
Trapatoni with all his experience couldn't take Italy anywhere

I was thinking that myself when I questioned Donadoni's lack of experience, Trap is the most successful Italian club coach - didn't mean much at International level.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
sateeh said:
Lippi with his experience won the cup, same goes to parriera in 94 and scolari in 2002, Emme Jackie had some experience to guide france in 98.

the job isnt underrated at all, cryuff was ordered by his doctors to leave coaching with all its pressures.
but i agree that u dont need that much experience to guide a team to success.There will not be much things to do with this team as they have the advantage of being a close group already for a long time.Lets see how will Roberto handle giving new players a chance or not.
I didnt say it was not stressful cos it sure is but its overated. Pressure is brought about because obsession with results and you having to take on board players' personal crap and all of that. But I do not see the big deal is when it comes to tactical play, that the part i think managers are overrated in what they do

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
I am surprised that they chosen donadoni , he dont have that much experience . i mean he coached only livorno for one year

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
Donadoni the midfielder he is a motivator that why he was chosen! He talks well and this goes well with players that have worked with lippi! Is and will never b a great tactician but wen has that eva won u a world cup anyway the times of great tactician is over its all about getting into the minds of players making them as one so they can beleive in great things as a team in order to achieve!! I think Donadoni will get to final of euro 2008 and take the double!

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Alfio_87 said:
Donadoni the midfielder he is a motivator that why he was chosen! He talks well and this goes well with players that have worked with lippi! Is and will never b a great tactician but wen has that eva won u a world cup anyway the times of great tactician is over its all about getting into the minds of players making them as one so they can beleive in great things as a team in order to achieve!! I think Donadoni will get to final of euro 2008 and take the double!
believe me , he will not stay more than 5 months , he will be sacked

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
m_elayyan said:
believe me , he will not stay more than 5 months , he will be sacked
:disagree:

the guy is going through in the right direction and he is giving many players a chance although this squad is a world cup winning squad.

he is an interesting coach i have to say, and it will interesting to see that croatia game.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Alfio_87 said:

it was him who started this whole missing peno's paranoia, so im not so confident in donadoni.

Delpiero

Aug 4, 2003
i think he is able to handle the italian squad .... and ican state even from now that the next euro is italian ...italy will be the winner.... remember that..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)