Dimitar Berbatov - ST - Manchester United (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
It's potentially a great piece of business. The striker market has been really difficult as of late for anyone but the big spenders and this buys us time.

But the thought of him and Vuci in attack is just scary. 10 awesome goals from each during the season and 30 games of pissin about and arguing. Cripes.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
The deal per se is not bad at all. Good value, short term deal, that'll give us a bit of padding that we'll need across three competitions. Actually, I'm a bigger fan of Berba than I am of Vucinic tbh, but that said I feel like for the third season running Marrotta has failed in this area of the pitch. Would be extremely underwhelming to end the mercato this way. That said, I don't agree that Berba is finished. He will offer important contributions, but we could and should have done better with the backing we had.

juve901

The Strategist
Jul 8, 2008
Prepare yourself for Dimitar "Capocannoniere" Berbatov raping the opposition week in week out. Combination with Mirko "Zorro" Vucinic, low ball through the middle, flick, flick, Zorro leaves a defender floored, heel flick to Berbagod, oh my what is berba doing? HE PUT THE BALL ON HIS HEAD AND DIVED INTO THE GOAL!
you're spazzin' out dude.

May 22, 2007
What'd you make of the move?
What is encouraging is that his scoring record has been good to great over the last few seasons, and he's been not getting a lot of playing time lately which should make him fairly well rested. He's got magic in his boots as well, and that's a cheap price for someone able to do something special in an instant.

I'm concerned that he's fairly lazy, so the work load will still have to be passed on to others, I don't really like that sort of player. The team already had to work for Pirlo at times (but he isn't that lazy), now they'll have to do the same for Berbatov. For someone with a poor work ethic, his age is a bit concerning as well, we'll see if he can keep fit and energetic. I hope he applies himself and is still motivated.

I can't say I'm a fan (yet, at least), but I'm glad Marotta found an alternative to paying €36m for Llorente that happened to be a striker with a good scoring record. Pretty cheap as well, for what we could potentially see at Juventus this season. I'd say this is decent, but I'm not expecting a lot though, we'll perhaps have a season or two then see what happens after that. I really hope Immobile can hit the ground running in Serie A to give a much simpler and long term solution to this problem.

YasoR17

Mirkofan #1
Jul 4, 2008
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

I'M HYPERVENTILATING HERE, AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

one of my favorite players in our jersey. FUUUUUUCK NEED TO FAP HARD AND LONG AND HARDER AND LONGER AND HARDEST AND LONGEST !!! wegøoikhcngæoakslhgnvoælkfxngvoædflknxgvmlædfxkægmv,dfæxghvnmsdf
:D :weee:

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Welcome.

I'm not disappointed by this transfer considering what we are paying for him/paying him and also since this is only a 2 year deal. I like him and i really hope he does well.

btw congrats marotta, you still suck.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
That's also an awesome aspect of this transfer. SUCK IT VIOLA, LEARN TO SELL YOUR PLAYERS TO US WHEN WE WANT THEM OR WE'LL DEVOTE OUR MERCATTO TO CRUSHING YOU AND YOUR PETTY GOALS.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Very impressed with the purple rat's mercato though. They have gained a lot of quality players at bargain prices and managed to hold on to Jojo who's only possible destination next year will be City,Chelsea or PSG.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Let's not kid ourselves, if we are talking about football elegance, I don't think any club comes close to us at this moment. Berbatov, Vucinic, Pirlo, Bonucci and Barzagli. Not to forget the potential that Pogba has....ok ok I will mention it, Giovinco too.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
What is disappointing me the most about this, is not so much the fact we signed berbatov or my belief that i don't think he fits our system, eventhough i regard him as a player of exceptional technical ability. It's just that i can't honestly believe that we let Del Piero leave and replace him with someone who is no better. Does Berbatov have pace? no They both have good technical abilities as i've pointed out, is Berbatov anymore prolific than Del Piero? no so i just don't understand how he was in anyway an opportunity too good to pass up on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)