Didier Deschamps already risks losing his job! (7 Viewers)

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Badass Devil said:
look the fans know best, they chant his name cuz the believe in him, they think hes the right man, they do, i do, u shud.

didi has liberated juve, and now didi will fulfill his mission and accomplish more

i dont think the fans chanted his name as a coach, i think they chanted his name because he had a good career at juve. plus to them after capello they would of chanted anyones name.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I just saw the highlights but if Boumsong makes any similar mistakes and costs Juve legend Didier his job, and then I sware to god I will make sure he will pay his penalty sometime in the future.

Didier has contributed so much to our clubs over the years, and I feel we owe him the chance to lead us to our past glory. I think it is a fitting story that man who captained most illustrious team in Juve history is also the man to kick off our revival. Sacking him just after one match is not just a sheer madness, but also an act of unprecedented betrayal, and it sends wrong messages to the fans, players, and future Juve targets. The matter of fact is Didier loves Serie A, and his blood is black and white - and most importantly he can do the job. He has shown shrewd brain throughout his playing career, and led both Juve and France to unprecedented success - don't you think there was an element of leadership involved, especially for an man once dubbed water carrier?

Oh, did I mention he managed to reach CL final in his short career with a principal team called Monaco? If one certain manager named Jose didnt manage Porto, Didier would have been as mircale worker, rejuvenating fading career in Morientes, taking Giuly to the next level, giving opportunities to unknowns such as Squillaci & Rodriguez, and making a career out of Jerome Rothen.

Look, Didier has shown all the attributes to become a successful coach. I believe he has enough compassion and track record to stick with our young players and develop them to Serie A calibre. I am not sure that would be case with the veteran coach like Zach & Zoff or even Lippi. These guys got too big a reputation to focus long-term (plus reaching end of their managerial career) and hence are unlikely to give same patience and care towards young kids.
The matter of fact is if Juve is to become a big team again - we have to develop some youngsters out of our system. There is no way a team can buy itself one set of players to play on the field. The teamwork & chemistry is obviously and issue, and financially, it simply isnt possible. Players are just damn too expensive these days to buy yourself success. If just a very good player like Diarra costs you good 17m - I say stick with what you have and see what they can bring.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Jeeks said:
Well if Lippi is the replacement, I hope we lose :D
10000000000000000000000000% agree on that,

i did say my opinion on DD the day we signed him...

but right now we sould shut up and accept our situation,
the extra pressure will only harm Juve
and we souldnt create more problems now,
we have enough,
its a v.bad thing for the fans and the press calling DD's head,
IF the managers have the luxurius ability to hire Lippi,
let them do it, but silently...

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
The difference is IMO Donadoni just simply hasn't shown attributes to indicate he will be successful coach in his short managerial career.

The fact is Deschamp has captained his side to CL finals, WC and European Champsionship finals. Being captian is more than just being a good career - Deschamp's leadership IMO is undoubted. He may not be a charismatic figure of Mancini and Vialli on the field, but I always regarded Didier as a consumate professional and worthy of captaining the best sides in the world. That is far better than what Donadoni ever achieved in the field.
Also let us not forget that Didier was never the most talented player in terms of physique, or technical ability. This man is ordinary and yet his dedication, and smartness made him such a legend. I feel unlike Robby Baggio, he can understand the psyche of ordinary players and can provide more realistic advise to overcome their limitations.

And taking a low-profile team like Monaco has to be ranked far higher than lowly Livorno to midtable position. Didier has shown that he can work wonders with limited resources, and I really liked the way he installed some confidence in his players in that run.

And managing world champion is far more prestigious and demanding then preparing your tactics against Rimni or Genoa. Beside I feel International game requires a lot more tactical awareness (a la Lippi) than the domestic game, where biggest need for coach is man-management skills.

Lastly, Lippi knows DD at personal level. Taking aside the professional iconsiderations involved with being a Juve manager, it is hard to phantom how Lippi will take the job away from his former protege. I do not if they are friends or not, but the matter of fact is Lippi made DD as captain of great Juve side, and I suspect there is a huge element of mutual respect for each other.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
DD has gotten off to a rough start.
A loss to Napoli with a very last minute goal conceeded, then the PK with Buffon kicking. I think DD at that time should really think about his responsibilities and the concequences his decisions bring. It was just too irresponsible for me to put Buffon as the first kicker, tootally stupid coaching.

Against Remini, well, DD was trying to get it right, and I think he made 2 good substition, while bojinov for nedved was just wrong, it terms of player position wise.

DD needs to seriously find an attacking formula to brake down defensive walls.

He also better get Boumsong to perform consistanly, it was DD who brought him here and so we'll so how good of a player judger he is.

We should've gotten an attcking midfielder, but we didn't and perhaps we'll pay the price.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
swag said:
I would, but... he's been there, done that. What motivation is it for a guy to coach a Serie B team after leading a squad to the WC title? He needs a new challenge. An office in Juve management would be ideal, IMO. But not as coach. Three times is not the charm.
Agreed, even he himself won't think about coming back to manage Juve in a short period of time like right now, he would probably move to England after having a rest, and I hope he gets more important role (than a manager job) in Juve in the near future, I would love to see him as Juve President, just like Zoff did with Lazio.

As for firing Deschamps , this is the dumbest thing to do, we lost the whole squad and we are not the team we used to be, getting back to serie A won't be thateasythat everyone is thinking, we will have similar results like these, and if we get back to Serie A within a year, that's a big success..

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
This must be complete media bullshit.

Dont even listen to this rumours.

And i dont think the juve management is stupid enough to do this.

If we lose points well , so be it, but we must be proffesionals and gentlemen before everything else.

like someone said WE ARE NOT INTER, WE ARE THE PROUD JUVENTUS..

even in serie B

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
this is BS
i realy doubt that lippi return

i didnt see the rimini match but from the highlights the only mistake DD made is bringing boumsong

i think this whole thing is from the media trying to create some inbalance

i hope lippi return as a director or somthing though. seeing him in the club will boost confidance even if he is not the manager.

plus he could give pointers to DD, after all he was his boss in the glory days

but lippi stated that he will be an observer of football until january and then he will decide what to do and i believe that what will hapen

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
- vOnAm - said:
DD has gotten off to a rough start.
A loss to Napoli with a very last minute goal conceeded, then the PK with Buffon kicking. I think DD at that time should really think about his responsibilities and the concequences his decisions bring. It was just too irresponsible for me to put Buffon as the first kicker, tootally stupid coaching.

Against Remini, well, DD was trying to get it right, and I think he made 2 good substition, while bojinov for nedved was just wrong, it terms of player position wise.

DD needs to seriously find an attacking formula to brake down defensive walls.

He also better get Boumsong to perform consistanly, it was DD who brought him here and so we'll so how good of a player judger he is.

We should've gotten an attcking midfielder, but we didn't and perhaps we'll pay the price.
you meant for nedved.

anyway spot on, he needs to turn things around.Cuz the team's losses or loss of points came partly from bad decision making on his part.So not only the team that needs to get its act together but also the coach.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
DD is not looking good! Just seems to me we dont have the edge while he is in charge! We need a well drilled side with a plan in place at moment we look like a team out of ideas already!

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Alfio_87 said:
DD is not looking good! Just seems to me we dont have the edge while he is in charge! We need a well drilled side with a plan in place at moment we look like a team out of ideas already!
:agree:
we need to have our eyes on the prize, and forget everything else.There will be extra pressure, and the different environment of serie B doesnt help....but The coach and even the players themselves should focus and we will be alrite.

DD should motivate his players as the team seems disinterested.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Deschamps expected battle Tuesday 12 September, 2006

Didier Deschamps is far from happy with Juventus’ Serie B start, but insists he knew how tough life in the Second Division would be.

The demoted giants drew 1-1 at Rimini on Saturday when a Jean-Alain Boumsong mistake allowed the 10-man hosts to equalise.

“It was a discovery for all of us, we know now what to expect for the rest of the season,” said Deschamps to Sky Italia after holding showdown talks with the squad.

“I only scream when I feel I have to, I just know that Juventus can do much better than what was done in Rimini.

“I am unsatisfied with the result but I can guarantee that all my men are as well,” added the former midfielder.

“Our preparation was not ideal as many players were with their national teams, but this is not an excuse. We know this will be a very long season and we don’t have much time.

“The players finally had the chance to understand what is the reality of the season we will face.”

When questioned on Boumsong’s mistake, the Bianconeri Coach defended the player who he believes still needs time to adapt.

“His past season at Newcastle was not an easy one and he is not on top form, he had only trained twice,” explained the Frenchman.

“The player needs time as he still doesn’t speak the language and that doesn’t help.

“However, I am confident that he can do well as he has great qualities. In the end even Fabio Cannavaro can make similar mistakes.”

Deschamps has not once regretted his decision to accept to train Juventus and is ready to look ahead.

“I am glad to be here and I would do it all over again,” he underlined. “This is an interesting project, even if very challenging, and I am 100 per cent focused on this adventure.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

forza didi!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)