Denis Zakaria (16 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Aren’t you ‘muricans always going on and on about how great McPotter is? Top goalscoring mid. Runs circles around every midfielder. Is always wide open in the box…

In all seriousness, I kinda like the brownie spaghetti fella. I hope he can get a little more consistency going and make a few less bad passes. A McPotter-Zakarias-Locatelli trio could be just what we need. And that may just be a good possibility if Zakarias takes over the DM spot, freeing Locatelli to get involved in linking midfield to attack a bit more. McPotter’s passing is bad, but he’s in the 99th percentile of all CMs in Europe for progressive passes received, and 98th percentile for touches in opponents penalty area. That will hopefully be exploited over the next couple months. Especially as Locatelli is in the 96th percentile in progressive passes made, and in the 94th percentile in passes into the final third. 83rd percentile in passes into penalty area but that should go up significantly if he plays further forward.
I do generally like you so I hope you aren't going to regularly become as annoying as this.

Yes Mcpotter, ice cream nachos, and US v Canada can be entertaining but I'm trying to discuss Zakaria here. Thank you

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I do generally like you so I hope you aren't going to regularly become as annoying as this.

Yes Mcpotter, ice cream nachos, and US v Canada can be entertaining but I'm trying to discuss Zakaria here. Thank you
But isn’t that what I’m saying here? Not trolling, McPotter-Zakarias-Locatelli could actually be a pretty good trio. Having a good DM in Zakarias, a good B2B who can be effective at both ends of the pitch, should free up Mckennie to be a wrecking ball in the opponents half. His qualities mesh very well with Locatelli having a little more freedom to play higher up the pitch.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Don’t know much about him. But based on his stats etc, he may be a small upgrade at best over Bentancur.

Meanwhile we lost Ramsey, Kulu and Bentancur. So 3 out and 1 in the mid/attacking mid areas.

i still feel we need a world class mid. Vlahovic was huge. But make no mistake we are still weak in midfield unless this guy is much better than what the stats suggest.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Don’t know much about him. But based on his stats etc, he may be a small upgrade at best over Bentancur.

Meanwhile we lost Ramsey, Kulu and Bentancur. So 3 out and 1 in the mid/attacking mid areas.

i still feel we need a world class mid. Vlahovic was huge. But make no mistake we are still weak in midfield unless this guy is much better than what the stats suggest.
You can’t count Ramsey. He was effectively frozen out of the squad. And Kulu rarely if ever played in the midfield. Nor was he particularly effective for the past year.

I agree that one top class mid is needed, but we weren’t getting that this January imo. Who was available? We direly needed a wc striker and a wc mid, the opportunity that arose was for a WC striker and we rightfully pounced.

Zakarias looks like Bentancur but without so many nonchalant moments and stupid decisions on the pitch. That’s an effective player. We’ll have the summer to look for another top class mid. Locatelli, New CM?, Mckennie, Zakarias, Rovella, Fagioli looks like a pretty strong midfield to me. Lots of depth and potential. Young. High ceiling. Not breaking the wage bill. It may be a couple years before it really comes into its own in terms of European Elite teams but it has that potential, even more so given the youthfulness there.

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
But isn’t that what I’m saying here? Not trolling, McPotter-Zakarias-Locatelli could actually be a pretty good trio. Having a good DM in Zakarias, a good B2B who can be effective at both ends of the pitch, should free up Mckennie to be a wrecking ball in the opponents half. His qualities mesh very well with Locatelli having a little more freedom to play higher up the pitch.
Zakaria is now replacing Locatelli as DM?

Seems presumptuous

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Anyone check out the BM forum? Are they laughing at us the same way we are laughing at spurs fans over Bentancur?
This is the thread on Zakaria there :
https://forum.borussia.de/viewtopic...d=5e7732984e4255072f4a4a9458fd8d4a&start=5440

"Bei mir würde er schon längst auf der Tribüne sitzen. Spieler mit denen man nicht mehr planen kann und die ihre Leistung nicht bringen, haben im Team nichts verloren. Dann lieber mit Spieler arbeiten, die sich noch nach Vorne arbeiten wollen.
Nach oben"

Translation :
With me he would have been sitting in the stands for a long time. Players with whom you can no longer plan and who do not perform well have no place in the team. Then it's better to work with players who want to work their way up the field

"Er kostet uns massig Punkte"

Translation:
He's costing us a lot of points

I think people there think he wasnt the same after the injury 2 years ago. Mostly also happy that they can at least getting transfer money during this transfer window rather than lose him for free

So the best we can expect he can gain that form again

Last edited:

Xorim

Aug 31, 2015
Those are probably the worst statements in this forum. I read through the last 5 pages and the statements are mostly positive about him.
They're sad to lose him, but happy to at least get some money out of it.
Apparently he was great for them before the injury, didn't get to that level afterwards.

And his personality seems to be great, down to earth and very fair in his communication with the club.

But yea... in the end the pitch will do the talking, let us see how he fits in. I got high hopes!

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
https://www-kicker-de.translate.goo...l=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=pl&_x_tr_pto=wapp
Winter 20/21:
ranked 9 in bundes:
Denis Zakaria
One of the few who still made a positive impression at Gladbach. The 25-year-old also lost ground at the back, but had a good start to the season, impressed with tough tackles and dynamism, and sometimes also played as a central man in the back three. He fought back his place in the Swiss national team.
average rating of 3.31

Summer 21
Not ranked for bundes
average rating of 4.00

Winter 20/21
Not ranked for bundes
average rating of 3.72

Summer 20
Not ranked for bundes
average rating of2.93

Winter 19/20
ranked 5 in bundes
avg rating of 3.43
Denis Zakaria
In the past first half of the season, the midfielder for Borussia Mönchengladbach proved why some clubs, especially from England, keep an eye on him. Whether as a solo six or a central part of the back three: the 23-year-old convinced with his strong ball control, his tackle skills and his overview - even if his strength waned in the meantime.

Summer 2019
Ranked 13 in bundes
avg rating of 3.25

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: for Kicker, the lower the grade the better. Goretzka averages around 2.9-3.0 grades lately.

Last edited:

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Those are probably the worst statements in this forum. I read through the last 5 pages and the statements are mostly positive about him.
They're sad to lose him, but happy to at least get some money out of it.
Apparently he was great for them before the injury, didn't get to that level afterwards.

And his personality seems to be great, down to earth and very fair in his communication with the club.

But yea... in the end the pitch will do the talking, let us see how he fits in. I got high hopes!
The last 11 pages was from 29th Jan 22 when news of him to Juve starting to heat. Last 5 pages was from yesterday when it's almost certain he will sign for us. As Gladbach fans will thank him for his service in the past 4.5 years.

Go to pages 273 and before that. You would read about how he performed in several of their last matches

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)