Denis Zakaria - CM - Borussia Mönchengladbach (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Encouraging signing, but I worry about his injury record, one-footedness, and limited ability to pass out of pressure.
From what I saw so far, he's a pure ball-winning defensive midfielder. Being one-footed and his inability to pass under-pressure is less important as long as his primary task would be to retrieve balls and make simple passes.

As for his injury record at BMG, according to transfermarkt, he had one long layoff due to a "knee injury". The rest are just missing 1-2 games due to Corona and fatigue. Doesn't look like an injury-prone player to me.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
From what I saw so far, he's a pure ball-winning defensive midfielder. Being one-footed and his inability to pass under-pressure is less important as long as his primary task would be to retrieve balls and make simple passes.

As for his injury record at BMG, according to transfermarkt, he had one long layoff due to a "knee injury". The rest are just missing 1-2 games due to Corona and fatigue. Doesn't look like an injury-prone player to me.
Seems closer to a Vieira than a Momo Sissoko to me, can do the defensive stuff but also bring the ball forward. Might not be as good as Vieira at the latter, or as dominant, but definitely has more than just powerful running forward to his offensive game than someone like Momo

Leendiz

Feb 14, 2018
If we get him I'd say we've had the best winter mercato in a very long time . Selling bentancur for good money and getting this guy cheap would be even better

Tomate

Jul 19, 2014
If we first have to sell either Bentancur or Arthur before signing Zakaria then this transfer is by no means a done deal and probably will turn into a nail-biter until deadline day.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Zakaria
15 starts
2 goals
1 assist
0.6 key passes
90% pass accuracy
1.2 interceptions
1.4 tackles
8.1 possession lost
1.2 fouls

Bentancur
13 starts
0 goals
2 assists
0.6 key passes
88% pass accuracy
1.4 interceptions
1.7 tackles
7.0 possession lost
1.8 fouls

And Bentancur plays in the tougher league. Idk, I‘m not against the move or anything, but I still think people underrate Benta. Maybe Allegri will take Zakaria to another level, we’ll see.

Jun 16, 2020
Zakaria
15 starts
2 goals
1 assist
0.6 key passes
90% pass accuracy
1.2 interceptions
1.4 tackles
8.1 possession lost
1.2 fouls

Bentancur
13 starts
0 goals
2 assists
0.6 key passes
88% pass accuracy
1.4 interceptions
1.7 tackles
7.0 possession lost
1.8 fouls

And Bentancur plays in the tougher league. Idk, I‘m not against the move or anything, but I still think people underrate Benta. Maybe Allegri will take Zakaria to another level, we’ll see.
Don’t fall to much for stats. It are dry numbers without context, in many cases it doesn’t say anything imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)