Denis Zakaria - CM - Borussia Mönchengladbach (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Bro what are they smoking in Germany I need to get over there

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bunde...adbach-and-switzerland-s-midfield-marvel-7905

Plays a bit like: Patrick Vieira
"I've been compared to [Patrick] Vieira and [Paul] Pogba – two more players I really respect and, in a way, see as role models. When I watch videos of them I think I'd like to play that way," Zakaria has said previously. There is plenty more to come from the Gladbach player – who can also fill in at the back – and the signs are there that another Vieira or Pogba-styled long-limbed midfielder is on the rise. Strong, full of running, great in the tackle and a fine passer, Zakaria is quickly developing into an all-round midfielder in the same mould as former Arsenal and France midfielder Vieira.

What they’re saying
"It's not easy to compare him to the greats of the past, but he combines many qualities that were really defined by Michel Platini and Zinedine Zidane." - Gladbach goalkeeper Yann Sommer

"Denis is getting closer to his best and we’re all very happy to see that. He’s a really important player for our team." - Gladbach coach Adi Hütter
"I'm glad that Gladbach have found another pearl. At his age I was earning my first stripes for Borussia. He reminds me of Toni Kroos at that age." - German football great Lothar Matthaüs
Zidane, Platini, Vieira, Pogba and Kroos = Zakaria

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Encouraging signing, but I worry about his injury record, one-footedness, and limited ability to pass out of pressure.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
So with DV and DZ in and Bentancur and Kulu possibly out…

what system will we be playing? Seems like Allegri might be thinking of the 352 or 4312

We don’t seem to have any depth now on the wings particularly with the Chiesa injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)