Del Piero sticks to his word (1 Viewer)

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
Tonight there was a bitter result. But it ain't over, Italy can still beat bulgaria and hope Sweden do not draw against Denmark, which is likely to happen as both matches will be played in the meantime.
Now, to me, the most positive result was Del Piero's performance, as an offensive midfielder. Some excellent moves, many brilliant combinations with fellow Cassano, who also played a very good match.
Trapattoni said: "ho visto un ottimo del piero" ("I saw an excellent del piero")
I think this sums up his perf tonight...
NOW, all I'd want to say is FINALLYYYY ALEX!
Let's all hope Italy crushes Bulgaria and carries on its road with or without :totti: whose absence went unnoticed tonight.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Italy have great possibilities to go thru. It all depends on them.

About DP,, its very confortable to see our captain doing so good after that performance in the ifrts half.
After Totti´s ban.,, all the wight of the attack fell on his shoulders and he assumed the role very well. Ill admit it, i feared the worst today , but del piero did it very well.

Lets hope thatthis will raise his confidence...and defnitely explode in the next game against bulgaria´s sloppy defence.

Lets remember that Bulgaria have lost some first teamplayers by card too...and Italy´s rserves are cappable .

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I wasnt all that impressed with Alex. He one fantastic chance, and that great lob, but other than that he didnt seem to be involved in the play that much.

Romano

May 22, 2004
If Italy crushes Bulgaria, with 3-0 or 4-0 and Sweden plays a draw, 1-1 or 0-0 then this will be the result :

PLD W D L GS GA PTS
Sweden 3 1 2 0 7 2 5
Denmark 3 1 2 0 3 0 5
Italy 3 1 2 0 4 1 5
Bulgaria 3 0 0 3 0 10 0

Is this right?
Then we must hope Italy will win 4-0 and Sweden play 1-1 or Italy wins 3-0 and Sweden plays 0-0.
Or Italy just wins 5-0 or 6-0 then Sweden can hold it to 2-2 or 3-3.
Is this right? I don't know so I hope that you can help me....

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
As long as Sweeden - denmark is not 2-2 or higher, and Italy wins, italy is through.

And DP played much, much better that first game. :)

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
FORZA ALEX!!! A great display by him,and I really enjoyed his classy moves. A tridente would suit at Juve too. Nedved, Trez, Del Piero and a young playmaker on the bench.

OP

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    I wasnt all that impressed with Alex. He one fantastic chance, and that great lob, but other than that he didnt seem to be involved in the play that much.
    Oh please, give me a break!

I bet you were concentratin' on sweden's defensive moves while Del Piero was dribbling, switchin' and combinatin' in the midfield with Cassano and Pirlo!
    He played his best match in azzuri shirt for years! And the best is yet to come...Let's wait and see.

Geof

May 14, 2004
    he played the most brilliant first half in years for the azzuri!
    Sad he didn't score.

I think the suspension of Totti has liberated DP, it seems like he's in the shadow of Totti when they're both on the pitch. In fact, everyone played better!

Of course I'm not saying Totti is a bad player.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    I agree..he was far from brilliant as painted in this forum. If you mesure this performance with his past duds then yes it was on another level but for someone dubbed as 'world class' it was far from that. He is 29 years old and supposedly one of Italy's best...he is in no way on the same level as other high profile players in terms of performance such as Nedved, Zidane, etc. He is being treated like a rookie with no experience in the sense that anytime he is semi-involved it is "showing improvement" or a pleasant surprise....he is in his prime and pumped as one of the best things Italy has to offer...THAT he did not show.

Whatever, its a Juve forum so I won't get up in arms on this..besides he contributed more than he did in the past.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
    seems we are better without totti.
    but now,without totti and without cnavaro,del piero is going to be C,right??

i think ale did really well,even though he kinda slowd down before the change....

but,i am expecting more from them,with less yellow cards and i expect to see even a better ale!!!

totti,seemed to be doing us a favoure for not being with us cause all of us noticed italy was WAAAAY better without totti.

kweku

Jul 20, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

He is 29 years old and supposedly one of Italy's best...he is in no way on the same level as other high profile players in terms of performance such as Nedved, Zidane, etc. He is being treated like a rookie with no experience in the sense that anytime he is semi-involved it is "showing improvement" or a pleasant surprise....he is in his prime and pumped as one of the best things Italy has to offer...THAT he did not show.

Agreed!

If he is world class, this is what we should expect at least, we shouldn´t be saying he did quite good, This is what we should be saying about somebody like Cassano and not a 29 year old captain of one of the top teams in the world, so I have to say I agree with with mister Milan

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Well...Del Piero will never be on the same level as Nedved or Zidane..or at least not anymore. He can't lead a team to victory as they can. BUT he does remain a brilliant player. And his nice touches could prove vital in the end. Although he cannot win games on his own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)