Data Recovery Help Needed! (1 Viewer)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
So i found two of my old pc's at my parents place. Problem is that they don't start up, the XP installation discs are screwed & i can't get another copy of windows XP.

If install unbuntu for example on a primary drive, will the secondary drive that worked with XP be recognized? Will i be able to get any files off it?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 15, 2006
If the secondary drive you're talking about is separate physical hard drive, then that data can be recovered. If it's a separate partition on the single hard drive, then there's less chances.

But you don't need to install Ubuntu on the PC to try recovering files. You can boot into Ubuntu using the Live CD mode and try recovering the files onto an external drive.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

If the secondary drive you're talking about is separate physical hard drive, then that data can be recovered. If it's a separate partition on the single hard drive, then there's less chances.

But you don't need to install Ubuntu on the PC to try recovering files. You can boot into Ubuntu using the Live CD mode and try recovering the files onto an external drive.
What he said.

B, load up the Live CD and have a USB stick ready so you can save your files.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)