Dani Alves - RWB - Barcelona (60 Viewers)

Dani Alves to Juve, are you ok with that?

• YES

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I dont understand this transfer, he is older than Licht and inferior to him, as he is worse at defending.
33 is a terrible age for fullbacks, as fullbacks more than any other else, rely on their speed and stamina and most of them are losing them at 33.
Unless we sell Licht and this is a decent downgrade, this transfer would only make sense if he would replace our MVP , but if we want a new Cuadrado, why not getting a RM then?

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I dont understand this transfer, he is older than Licht and inferior to him, as he is worse ar defending.
33 is a terrible age for fullbacks, as fullbacks more than any other else need their speed and stamina and most of them are losing them at 33.
Unless we sell Licht and this is a decent downgrade, this transfer would only make sense if he would replace our MVP , but if we want a new Cuadrado, why not getting a RM then?
I disagree. I think this is a great transfer. Its one thing if we splashed a big transfer fee on a 33 year old, but he is on a free! His salary would be 3.5m which is decent. I think he is a better player than Lichsteiner. In any case, its a taxing position worthy of regular turnover and we now have 2 quality right wing backs with Alves the more attacking of the two. There will be time for us to invest in a young full back prospect which we can loan out as a long term solution. Alves is still world class.

Berardi is an inside right forward who can also play as a support striker. Berardi also has decent pace and can be useful on counter attacks (although perhaps not as pacey as Cuadrado was).

We knew Caceres and Cuadrado was leaving. Replacing them with Alves and Berardi is a decent solution.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Berardi will replace Morata, not Cuads.
Dani Alves is inferior to Licht as a RB, esp in serie A, where defending still matters, as he is a better dribbler he is better as a RM than Licht. But at the age of 33, there is no chance he can be as fast and athletic as he was when he joined Barca, or as good as Cuads was this year...
Wiki says that Dani started as RM and he switched to RB at the age of 10, is it now the moment to switch him back to RM?
And will he be able to adapt into a new role at this age?
At any case, a downdrage to Licht as RB, or a downgrade to Cuads as RM, but a free one, still better than a new Padoin, but nothing to be excited about...

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I dont understand this transfer, he is older than Licht and inferior to him, as he is worse at defending.
33 is a terrible age for fullbacks, as fullbacks more than any other else, rely on their speed and stamina and most of them are losing them at 33.
J. Zanetti and Cafu disagree.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Exceptions to the rule, Evra too, for Evra, i was sure he would manage, for Dani? not so much, hopefully he will, should he join us, but chances are the rule confirms more often than his exceptions...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Hmmmmm.... This is what I was thinking too.

Perhaps I am wrong.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Hmmmmm.... This is what I was thinking too.

Perhaps I am wrong.
Exact same age as Evra was when we signed him, he's done fine as well.

I absolutely expect us to replace him in 2 years, but until then we've got a very good player for very little investment.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Exact same age as Evra was when we signed him, he's done fine as well.

I absolutely expect us to replace him in 2 years, but until then we've got a very good player for very little investment.
Evra is far more of a beast than Dani Alves, who has always been a scrawny running type of a player. I expected Evra to be fine, I don't expect the same from Dani Alves.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Dani Alves, might as well bring busquets in few years. One of the more disgusting players in barca.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Werent you happy when we got Evra who was also 33?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Berardi will replace Morata, not Cuads.
Dani Alves is inferior to Licht as a RB, esp in serie A, where defending still matters, as he is a better dribbler he is better as a RM than Licht. But at the age of 33, there is no chance he can be as fast and athletic as he was when he joined Barca, or as good as Cuads was this year...
Wiki says that Dani started as RM and he switched to RB at the age of 10, is it now the moment to switch him back to RM?
And will he be able to adapt into a new role at this age?
At any case, a downdrage to Licht as RB, or a downgrade to Cuads as RM, but a free one, still better than a new Padoin, but nothing to be excited about...
Serie A is in the bag before it even starts. Playing Licht, Alves or Padoin as RB won't change anything at all in Italy. Alves' quality and experience is for our European matches in the next 1-2 years. Having both Licht and Alves gives Allegri lots of options to chose a RB depending on the opponent and the tactics he wants to use in a particular match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)