Cristiano Ronaldo (84 Viewers)

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
For a guy who has won 5 CL’s, look at how he was sprinting to close down in the final 10 minutes as if it was a CL final whilst the rest of the team looked leggy, mentally drained and satisfied with the few scudetti in their cabinet.
Just an elite mentality that has ceased to exist in the modern footballer.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I feel like he's become more of a Trezeguet where he's mostly only effective in the penalty area. His general play is so poor and has been for weeks now, shit, I'd even say months, with the odd quality game from him. Gone is that player of old who would beat players in a wide area again and again. His legs can't do it anymore. Not only that but he struggles to do things a far lesser player would do like receiving or making a pass or protecting the ball. Yet he still has a load of goals. Without them you could say we'd be in a far worse state, that is obvious, but it is also his job. He's the overwhelmingly main focus of the attack, he takes all penalties and free-kicks, and his partners are soyboy flops and Chiesa, who has ploughed his own furrow all season long.

I think his goals tally is remarkable for a player of his age, but also we have to realise that he is still 36. He's cut a frustrated figure at times with his gesticulations over a chance he can't believe he's missed. Ronaldo of old wouldn't have 27 league goals this season he would have 40, even in this team. Mostly they would be from hat-tricks instead of his braces of goals, but there should have been a few more winners, such as last week against Fiorentina, the miss against Torino also comes to mind. I read recently that he had missed over 30 big chances by April this season. That's unlike him, even for players who take a lot of shots.
The number of basic errors he makes has increased a lot this season. Even yesterday, he misplaced easy forward passes.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I feel like he's become more of a Trezeguet where he's mostly only effective in the penalty area. His general play is so poor and has been for weeks now, shit, I'd even say months, with the odd quality game from him. Gone is that player of old who would beat players in a wide area again and again. His legs can't do it anymore. Not only that but he struggles to do things a far lesser player would do like receiving or making a pass or protecting the ball. Yet he still has a load of goals. Without them you could say we'd be in a far worse state, that is obvious, but it is also his job. He's the overwhelmingly main focus of the attack, he takes all penalties and free-kicks, and his partners are soyboy flops and Chiesa, who has ploughed his own furrow all season long.

I think his goals tally is remarkable for a player of his age, but also we have to realise that he is still 36. He's cut a frustrated figure at times with his gesticulations over a chance he can't believe he's missed. Ronaldo of old wouldn't have 27 league goals this season he would have 40, even in this team. Mostly they would be from hat-tricks instead of his braces of goals, but there should have been a few more winners, such as last week against Fiorentina, the miss against Torino also comes to mind. I read recently that he had missed over 30 big chances by April this season. That's unlike him, even for players who take a lot of shots.
Thank you for the output, finally somebody talking some sense around here. :tup:

Nobody is seriously blaming him as the reason to our downfall, there have been several factors leading to us regressing as a club the way we did recently but there’s no point in denying that he hadn’t done much at all in terms of helping us play more like a team or working as a cohesive unit, no matter how you look at it this are details that are supposed to matter almost just as much as everything else on the long run.

With all that being said, i still hope he steps it up again for this last few games and takes us over the finish line, there’s few you can count on in this team at crucial times and CR7 is certainly one of them, i just hope he focuses on the best for the team and lives up to what he is required / expected to do when things don’t go our way, which is to bail us out.

Last edited:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012

The number of basic errors he makes has increased a lot this season. Even yesterday, he misplaced easy forward passes.
We shouldn't forget that he's played simply too much this season. At the age of 36 he maintained his condition in a much better way than Morata and Dybala did. CR7 is like a robot but then again, it's human that he slowed down. 36 years old, ffs.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Throughout the game I saw over hit passes and terrible crossing, I've never seen such a poor performance from him. Cuadrado and McKennie were literally sliding to keep his passes in play. I know he's always stroppy but the entire team is in a negative state of mind like they want this debacle of a season to end.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Objectively: CR is better than DP in everything except FKs and passing/playmaking.
And i'd add ADP's first touch and efficient dribbling ability to that list aswell, especially if you compare both in their late 20's/early 30's for example.

The younger version of CR7 was certainly something else in terms of dribbling and trickery tho, no doubt.

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
So he once again does what a superstar is supposed to do but Tuz decides to focus on how poor he’s been and the casualty he’s become for this club

Tuz :touched:

Come on, dont generalize that hard.

A lot here just see it as a natural process that he is regressing, no hate involved.

He is still a magnificent player, just not as insane as he used to be, and that is fully acceptable given his age

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
So he once again does what a superstar is supposed to do but Tuz decides to focus on how poor he’s been and the casualty he’s become for this club

Tuz :touched:
Agreed, however what i'd also like to add is that calling him "a savior" or that "he had already dragged us to top 4" is simply not even close to being a true statement at this stage because we are in fact at a point in the season when our most crucial and decisive games are still yet to come. Most debates earlier got triggered because of silly "small club mentality fan" statements like those that i mentioned above and overall has nothing to do with hating or downplaying CR7's contributions or positive impact on the club as a whole.

Let's see how the next few weeks will go, good thing is that starting from yesterday he is certainly on the right track and made again the difference when it mattered most, now has to keep it going and work to the benefit of the team aswell and we should be good.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We shouldn't forget that he's played simply too much this season. At the age of 36 he maintained his condition in a much better way than Morata and Dybala did. CR7 is like a robot but then again, it's human that he slowed down. 36 years old, ffs.
That's true. I also wouldn't be surprised if we hear about some ongoing injury issue(s) once the season is done. Players and clubs like to keep these things quiet unless it puts players out of games.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
How many times has he costed us points the same way by missing crucial chances, losing the ball due to pathetic unsuccessful dribbling attempts or not passing when he should, nevermind that he just walks around without giving a shit when things don’t go our way?... Nobody is denying he is decisive but he is no savior, he is being paid to score such goals but when you fail to meet objectives as a team then you can’t label anyone a savior to anything unless you are a delusional fanboy that thinks CR7 has done no wrong.

let’s stop prerending he is not weighting on our game due to his selfishness and bigger than the club mentality, he is doing what any top striker is supposed to do which is to score several goals and he is doing just that, albeit while causing us points in others and leaving the impression he couldn’t give less of a shit about Juventus and that he would leave at the first chance he gets if an lucrative offer eventually comes in. May i remind everyone we brought him for CL? We could have finished outside top 4 in Seria A even without him or his record of Seria A goals that couldn’t even lead us to a Scudetto we never lost in 10 years lol

You can see both sides of the glass without being delusional or labelling anyone as a savior, ofc the good outweighs the bad in CR7’s case, but he is no savior and we need to move on unless we start suddenly building a ‘galacticos’ team around him which won’t happen.
Dude, you just outright lied about the stat padding thing. And then you moved the goalposts immediately and pretended you didn’t. Stop making out like you’re the objective one here.

And lol. Of course he’s not perfect, but he’s won us far more points than any other player in this side, and has cost us very few points over the 3 years with “crucial misses”. And CL? He literally scored every single knockout goal this team had in 6 matches, 2 years, before this one. It’s not his fault the team around him played like hot garbage so we got knocked out. He did his job, everything he could to drag us through the two seasons before this one.

Your post is god-awful. Giving the impression he couldn’t give a shit about being here? You an expert body language reader now? A mind reader? He’s said nothing of the sort that would suggest this. And walks around not giving a shit? Lol.

But you have your opinion, I have mine. He’s the very least of our problems. If you can’t see that you’re as delusional as those calling him a “saviour”.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

sounds like a lot of words for a player that has gone through a rough patch (to his standards not scoring in 2 conescutive games is a rough patch lol)

watch him obliterate milan and atalanta with some great displays to make you eat your words.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Dude, you just outright lied about the stat padding thing. And then you moved the goalposts immediately and pretended you didn’t. Stop making out like you’re the objective one here.

And lol. Of course he’s not perfect, but he’s won us far more points than any other player in this side, and has cost us very few points over the 3 years with “crucial misses”. And CL? He literally scored every single knockout goal this team had in 6 matches, 2 years, before this one. It’s not his fault the team around him played like hot garbage so we got knocked out. He did his job, everything he could to drag us through the two seasons before this one.

Your post is god-awful. Giving the impression he couldn’t give a shit about being here? You an expert body language reader now? A mind reader? He’s said nothing of the sort that would suggest this. And walks around not giving a shit? Lol.

But you have your opinion, I have mine. He’s the very least of our problems. If you can’t see that you’re as delusional as those calling him a “saviour”.
lmao talk about triggered :lol:

He isn’t the main problem at all but it is ignorant and delusional from you to think that he is not part of it at the very least.

- - - Updated - - -

Also he did cost us even against Fiorentina the other week (without bothering to do any additional research) and shown a shitty attitude throughout that match or do you only watch stats instead of the game itself?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)