Cristiano Ronaldo (117 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Not the GOAT in mine either. Maradona is and will always be the greatest in my book. Don't care about records etc..pure skill, talent and drive on a field...no one competes. And I'm sure many will criticise my comments but no one will.ever convince me to think anyone is better
Concering drive on the field, CR is 2nd to none. I understand in a way older fans and their sentimental outlook, since I can be considered among those. No one will ever convince you is quite telling that your mind is already set regardless of the fact that he smashed every record there is, that he is consistently scoring 30, 40,50 goals per year for more than a decade, that such dominance hasnt been seen ever. Players peak and they have several good to great seasons. Both him and Messi have managed to stay at the top of their game for almost 2 decades. 20 years!! To me this is unreal, the level of commitment, determination, proffessionalism these 2 display week in week out. Never in that period were they distracted by money, girls, alchocol, drugs, as we have seen so many times in a past, especially the guy you idolize. If You dig really hard cant find a bad season for either, where they went astray for a while, lost interest, had other priorities, etc.... They have remained focused on football and have stayed at top of their game all this time... Respect. Goats.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the greats for sure. But Messi and CR are killers.

Last edited:

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
My issue with the GOAT talk is there's too many factors to consider. Are we only talking Ballon d'Or wins, number of goals, CL titles, longevity and so?

If so then you could certainly make a case for Ronaldo being the GOAT. But I think it's unfair only to count the offensive players as GOAT material. There's been so many great players in other positions but they don't stand out as much because of the lack of goals.

But what about WC wins? Many consider Maradona and Pele as the best exactly because of this.

To me it's better to consider a player the best at their respective position, like best striker/offensive player, best midfielder, best defender, goalie and etc.

Judging only by goals is not giving the full picture imo.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
My issue with the GOAT talk is there's too many factors to consider. Are we only talking Ballon d'Or wins, number of goals, CL titles, longevity and so?

If so then you could certainly make a case for Ronaldo being the GOAT. But I think it's unfair only to count the offensive players as GOAT material. There's been so many great players in other positions but they don't stand out as much because of the lack of goals.

But what about WC wins? Many consider Maradona and Pele as the best exactly because of this.

To me it's better to consider a player the best at their respective position, like best striker/offensive player, best midfielder, best defender, goalie and etc.

That takes away the fun

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

Im talking about consistently staying at top of their game for almost 20 years, being focal point of big European clubs.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Lmfao. Funny thing is that when i saw him without the jersey, i thought who asked the jersey. Then i thought that i'v seen him giving away the jersey so many times that he should just throw it to the centre of the pitch after every game just for the lols, just because someone would definitely pick it up for himself. Now turns out that he actually threw it, funny af.

Would be fun to know if any Genoa players took it.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Lmfao. Funny thing is that when i saw him without the jersey, i thought who asked the jersey. Then i thought that i'v seen him giving away the jersey so many times that he should just throw it to the centre of the pitch after every game just for the lols, just because someone would definitely pick it up for himself. Now turns out that he actually threw it, funny af.

Would be fun to know if any Genoa players took it.
His captain armband that he threw when he played for Portugal got sold for like 60k euros which was donated to some sick child.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I’m so sick of the drama around this dude, it’s always something. I hate his body language on the field, hes literally crying the entire game when he doesn’t get the ball served right onto his boot, and puts in less than zero effort defensively. I get the value he brings, he bangs goals, but god damn it’s annoying. 36 years old, grow up.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I’m so sick of the drama around this dude, it’s always something. I hate his body language on the field, hes literally crying the entire game when he doesn’t get the ball served right onto his boot, and puts in less than zero effort defensively. I get the value he brings, he bangs goals, but god damn it’s annoying. 36 years old, grow up.
wat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 11, Guests: 77)