Cristiano Ronaldo (151 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I would like to see us try another player beside him instead of Matuidi. Preferably one that can pass and control a ball. Maybe let Matuidi use his strengths in other areas of the pitch.

Jul 13, 2010
He was trash tonight. Again, it wasn't entirely his fault. He was starved of service because of that pathetic midfield. However, he shouldn't be taking free-kicks, especially when we are losing.
I'm definately not saying it's braindead to slam the ball with full force into the wall every time.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He can free load at RCM. Can his technique really be worse on the right? :howler:

Or play him in a double pivot instead of B2B.
what is he supposed to do with the ball there? run into he middle? it would be amusing watching him i admit, for other teams fans mostly. like this he can atleast escape to the side and wrestle off wide mids and fullbacks

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
what is he supposed to do with the ball there? run into he middle? it would be amusing watching him i admit, for other teams fans mostly. like this he can atleast escape to the side and wrestle off wide mids and fullbacks
Well hopefully he will see way less of the ball because he's away from Ronaldo. I just don't really see Matuidi beside Ronaldo as ever being a smart option.

If you don't want him on the right then try him as a holding mid. Put someone in a CAM position who will link more with Ronaldo.

Just find some way to put better players beside Ronaldo.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Well hopefully he will see way less of the ball because he's away from Ronaldo. I just don't really see Matuidi beside Ronaldo as ever being a smart option.

If you don't want him on the right then try him as a holding mid. Put someone in a CAM position who will link more with Ronaldo.

Just find some way to put better players beside Ronaldo.
if we had SMS, it would look deadly. with Pogba, that left side would look unstoppable. right now, we could try Berna, but he also works better on the opposite side...

the problem with Matuidi is, this is the one role hes useful in. every coach hes ever had played him exactly there. even in the NT, when Kante sucked at the Euro 2016, Deschamps moved Pogba (who played RCM after coming off a WC season for Juve at LCM, because Matuidi could only play there) to DM and introduced Sissoko. we could bench him for Pjanic-Bentancur/Can holding duo, but Costa flat out sucks since October this season. and Berna isnt exactly a LM either. imo, our best bet is still 433, but we need Pjanic-Mandzukic in at all times

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
if we had SMS, it would look deadly. with Pogba, that left side would look unstoppable. right now, we could try Berna, but he also works better on the opposite side...

the problem with Matuidi is, this is the one role hes useful in. every coach hes ever had played him exactly there. even in the NT, when Kante sucked at the Euro 2016, Deschamps moved Pogba (who played RCM after coming off a WC season for Juve at LCM, because Matuidi could only play there) to DM and introduced Sissoko. we could bench him for Pjanic-Bentancur/Can holding duo, but Costa flat out sucks since October this season. and Berna isnt exactly a LM either. imo, our best bet is still 433, but we need Pjanic-Mandzukic in at all times
Then I will fix this problem right now and suggest trying the 3-5-2 that looked good with Ronaldo/Dybala. Matuidi can stay LCM but Alex Sandro will play much higher up the field to give Ronaldo better support.

I miss the days when we had more options.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Then I will fix this problem right now and suggest trying the 3-5-2 that looked good with Ronaldo/Dybala. Matuidi can stay LCM but Alex Sandro will play much higher up the field to give Ronaldo better support.

I miss the days when we had more options.
3-5-2 is looking appealing. Hopefully some CBs wander in from the cold

- - - Updated - - -

get Dzeko

Szczesny
Cancelo Bonucci Chiellini AS
Berna Pjanic Bentancur Mandzu
Dzeko Ronaldo
Wow. Imagine having 45mil to spend this january window, with this juve, and spending it on a FW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 123)