Cristiano Ronaldo (191 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
That's twitter for you. So few characters, such little time. It's something the club shouldn't publicly be taking a position on. The mention of the elapsed 10 years sounds like an expression of doubt to me. Unreasonable doubt.

- - - Updated - - -

Stinks of Cavanaugh, doesn't it.

It's simply being tone deaf to it all. Wouldn't it simply have been better to say that this is a very serious matter that we are looking into, but we believe in the mantra of innocent until proven guilty?

I guess that would have been too much to ask.

- - - Updated - - -

You are reading too much into this tweet. :lol:

You should check the twitterverse then. If we are reading too much into it, then so is everyone else that has read this on twitter and responded.

Buy on AliExpress.com

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
It's simply being tone deaf to it all. Wouldn't it simply have been better to say that this is a very serious matter that we are looking into, but we believe in the mantra of innocent until proven guilty?

- - - Updated - - -

You should check the twitterverse then. If we are reading too much into it, then so is everyone else that has read this on twitter and responded.
Dunno what is twitterverse :depressed:

Apr 15, 2006

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
The club did well to come out, maybe should have used better wording though, yeah we lost some fans and sponsors might squirm but the guys innocent until proven guilty and that's all that matters.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
People who use Twitter are retarded anyway.

Those tweets didn't feel genuine but you bishes are surely overreacting. The regular folk doesn't even care about or take seriously the accusations against Ronaldo.
Then just keep quiet before putting out a half assed bad written statement like that. Was basically an invitation for all kinds of twitter folks to come and attack them.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
People who use Twitter are retarded anyway.

Those tweets didn't feel genuine but you bishes are surely overreacting. The regular folk doesn't even care about or take seriously the accusations against Ronaldo.

If this were any other corporation, with shareholders and a board of directors who put out this tweet about its marquee asset, there would be hell to pay. In all likelihood, a tweet like this doesn't even get sent

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The club did well to come out, maybe should have used better wording though, yeah we lost some fans and sponsors might squirm but the guys innocent until proven guilty and that's all that matters.

This isn't about whether Ronaldo is guilty or not. This has everything to do with a couple of tasteless and tone deaf tweets, correlating his work habits with a suspected rape of 9 years ago somehow going hand in hand.

Any other corporation would have heads rolling at this point for sending these out.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008

I think when it comes to sensitive public cases the basic legal principle of natural justice should always be applied by the court but the public attitude has to be slightly different. The press and the public need to be open to every possibility and take the facts as they're presented without jumping to conclusions. Rape can be very murky waters especially in scenarios like this where alcohol is involved and a the two parties were known to each other. In what capacity? We don't know.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I think when it comes to sensitive public cases the basic legal principle of natural justice should always be applied by the court but the public attitude has to be slightly different. The press and the public need to be open to every possibility and take the facts as they're presented without jumping to conclusions. Rape can be very murky waters especially in scenarios like this where alcohol is involved and a the two parties were known to each other. In what capacity? We don't know.

I agree.

However...................... this statement is going viral, and very quickly.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Maybe that was fake news? :D
I dunno what is considered real in this story TBH? Maybe people from der Spiegel are reading Tuz?

But still, even without this paragraph her explanation in this article about the time at the club portrays a different story than the clip. She explains it as being absolutely indifferent to Ronaldo.

I found it!

Then she got a message from her girlfriend Jordan, whose name has been changed for this story. They met in Rain and went into the VIP area. "Jordan's very into the nightclub scene, she knows a lot of people," she says. "He just came up to me ... grabbed my arm, and he was like: 'You! Come with me!' I was like, are you joking?"

She knew who he was and that he was partying in the club that night. "Jordan told me he was there. I figured she knew that from her soccer boyfriend," she says. "People were talking about him: 'Oh, he's here. He's famous.' And I was like, 'I think I've looked him up before.'"

Ronaldo laughed at her, she says, because she didn't immediately want to join him. Then he got her a drink, she says, and introduced her to his entourage. "'This is like my brother,' and he introduces me to some guy and people we were with. And 'this is like family,' this guy and this guy."

They chatted for a bit and then she says he asked for her telephone number. "I gave him my number and he just left.... And I was like, 'OK, cool.'"

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
This isn't about whether Ronaldo is guilty or not. This has everything to do with a couple of tasteless and tone deaf tweets, correlating his work habits with a suspected rape of 9 years ago somehow going hand in hand.

Any other corporation would have heads rolling at this point for sending these out.
Nothing wrong with the first tweet, probably doesn't add much but undeniably the second one is a howler. I'm not questioning the tweets as much as the intention, the intention to come out was the right thing imo.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Maybe that was fake news? :D
Then she got a message from her girlfriend Jordan, whose name has been changed for this story. They met in Rain and went into the VIP area. "Jordan's very into the nightclub scene, she knows a lot of people," she says. "He just came up to me ... grabbed my arm, and he was like: 'You! Come with me!' I was like, are you joking?"

She knew who he was and that he was partying in the club that night. "Jordan told me he was there. I figured she knew that from her soccer boyfriend," she says. "People were talking about him: 'Oh, he's here. He's famous.' And I was like, 'I think I've looked him up before.'"

Ronaldo laughed at her, she says, because she didn't immediately want to join him. Then he got her a drink, she says, and introduced her to his entourage. "'This is like my brother,' and he introduces me to some guy and people we were with. And 'this is like family,' this guy and this guy."

They chatted for a bit and then she says he asked for her telephone number. "I gave him my number and he just left.... And I was like, 'OK, cool.'"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 163)