Cristiano Ronaldo (217 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That's not to be expected really. You can mantain bodyfat percentage, muscle mass and cardiovascular fitness until your late thirties, but speed is almost universally the first thing to go and most people start declining after 25.

A very rare counterexample would be Justin Gatlin, who actually got faster after 32.

If Ronaldo is still running as fast as he did at 25, that is absolutely insane.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
There are quite a few counterexamples. Linford Christie is another, won Olympic gold at 32 in Barcelona. Bruny Surin ran his personal best 9.84 in 1999 at 32. Carl Lewis ran his personal best of 9.86 at 30.

That's just off the top of my head.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
There are quite a few counterexamples. Linford Christie is another, won Olympic gold at 32 in Barcelona. Bruny Surin ran his personal best 9.84 in 1999 at 32. Carl Lewis ran his personal best of 9.86 at 30.

That's just off the top of my head.
Were there any changes in tech during these times? Moving from analog to digital clocks maybe? Or some revolutionary tech in runnning shoes?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Were there any changes in tech during these times? Moving from analog to digital clocks maybe? Or some revolutionary tech in runnning shoes?
I mean, this is the case through every era... and while none of these were affected by things such as more accurate timing... shoe tech, training methodology, and supplementation have all seen advances constantly.

Sprinters peak around 25 most often, but in general, longevity is pretty good in sprinting with proper training until 32-33. There's a study somewhere showing sprinting decline/improvement from 22-32. It showed that it was very rare to improve speed post-25, but not that rare to maintain speed into the early 30s for Olympic level sprinters.
@Zacheryah might know a bit more.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I mean, this is the case through every era... and while none of these were affected by things such as more accurate timing... shoe tech, training methodology, and supplementation have all seen advances constantly.

Sprinters peak around 25 most often, but in general, longevity is pretty good in sprinting with proper training until 32-33. There's a study somewhere showing sprinting decline/improvement from 22-32. It showed that it was very rare to improve speed post-25, but not that rare to maintain speed into the early 30s for Olympic level sprinters.
@Zacheryah might know a bit more.
So it’s not that surprising to see dudes in their 30s maintain speed. :tup:

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Sorrentino says he received a message from Cr7 wishing him speedy recovery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CR7 is like god here, imagine journalists wait outside the hospital for the news about Sorrentino while he appears in the window holding his phone and screaming 'HE TEXTED ME, CRISTIANO SENT ME A SMS, WISHING SPEED REVOCERY' and everyone YEAHHHHHHHHHH

:lol:

Xorim

Aug 31, 2015
Very good first game for having such short preparation time with the whole squad.

Give him time, I think he'll play the CF role more than LW. But having the option to sub in Manbro and switch up the formation is great too.

Just having so many options upfront is crazy, i was still in disbelief yesterday when they showed the lineups.
Ronaldo, Dybala, Costa, Manbro, Berna, Cuadrado... so much talent, that's insane :nico:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That's not to be expected really. You can mantain bodyfat percentage, muscle mass and cardiovascular fitness until your late thirties, but speed is almost universally the first thing to go and most people start declining after 25.

A very rare counterexample would be Justin Gatlin, who actually got faster after 32.

If Ronaldo is still running as fast as he did at 25, that is absolutely insane.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
But most of these readings are done over short bursts at top speed, not over 100m. I did say that this was perhaps not surprising for Ronaldo - but for sure it would be for a normal person. At 35 I can sprint there or thereabouts what I could when I was 16-18 for 30-40 yards but after that not so much, but obviously it's different person-by-person.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Revealed: Two training drills that Ronaldo does and loves
20 August at 13:15

Juventus superstar Cristiano Ronaldo reportedly still trains in traditional ways and two methods are the ones he really prefers. The Portuguese star made his Juventus debut on Saturday when the Old Lady had picked up a 3-2 win over Chievo Verona after being 2-1 down. And it said that the club's players are gaping in awe at how Ronaldo trains, despite 33.

Gazzetta dello Sport say Ronaldo follows two traditional methods of training and that makes him the strongest player in the world. The outlet states that Ronaldo is always the first to training and is the last one to exit it. It also states that during his Man United days, it was said that Ryan Giggs was the best at boxing, but as soon as Ronaldo competed with Giggs, the opinions of many had changed.

Ronaldo stills trains by hitting shots from 30 or 40 metres out and still trains both his right and left foot by hitting the ball against the wall.

---

I feel educated, thanx calciomercato for this very useful information that you revealed to the public. Keep up the good work!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 206)