Cristiano Ronaldo (90 Viewers)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Funny people are writing him off as a CF after one game.

The key is to allow ronaldo to find space, if he’s the only person ever in the box he won’t find that. He needs a lot more from Dybala, who sits way too deep and fails to make intelligent runs. If Dybala doesn’t adapt he’s going to struggle to make an impact. If we have to push CR wide then we lose a lot of his goal scoring threat. Basically Dybala needs to be a lot smarter
Not necessarily writing him off as a CF, but he should not be leading the line if we are to get the best out of him.

I suspect Dybala is going to have a rough season ahead.

Sendt fra min ANE-LX1 med Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
There is this thing that i have noticed many, many times when watching Ronaldo play. He always preserves his energy for the final 20 minutes of the game. Always. He waits untill theboposing team is tired and then starts to show up, make those runs, drubbles. I think that he is doing that on purpose, he did that yesterday too.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Not necessarily writing him off as a CF, but he should not be leading the line if we are to get the best out of him.

Sendt fra min ANE-LX1 med Tapatalk
I agree with that about 'leading the line’ - to me that means someone trying to do it all alone, which is how we set up for the first 60 mins yesterday. He can quite happily play as a CF though, it’ll just mean those around him need to be creating space for him centrally which they weren’t doing. They didn’t do it for Higuain last season either so it’s going to need a big change in our build up play.

Dybala seems to have a really annoying ability to be anywhere other than in an area where he can be dangerous, I.e 40 yards from goal or with 4 defenders directly in front of him

Benzema, Isco, Bale & Asensio were great at it for him at Real. No reason Dybala, Berna, Costa and Mandy can’t replicate that

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Already working :touched:

- - - Updated - - -

I think so too. He’s gonna be the odd one in every formation with Ronaldo in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ronaldo vs. Chievo: Every Touch

• 57 touches
• 8 shots
• 37 passes
• 4 dribbles

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Already working :touched:

- - - Updated - - -

I think so too. He’s gonna be the odd one in every formation with Ronaldo in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ronaldo vs. Chievo: Every Touch

• 57 touches
• 8 shots
• 37 passes
• 4 dribbles
| Cristiano Ronaldo's Juve debut:

90 Minutes Played
30.4 km/hr Top Sprint Speed

71.4% Shot Accuracy
5/7 Shots on Goal
4 Crosses
3 Aerials Won
2 Chances Created

90% Pass Accuracy
57 Touches
27/30 Passes Completed
1/1 Accurate Long Ball
1 Ball Recovery

CR7

#JuveStats

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
| Cristiano Ronaldo's Juve debut:

90 Minutes Played

71.4% Shot Accuracy
5/7 Shots on Goal
4 Crosses
3 Aerials Won
2 Chances Created

90% Pass Accuracy
57 Touches
27/30 Passes Completed
1/1 Accurate Long Ball
1 Ball Recovery

CR7

#JuveStats
meaningless stats...what are his numbers usually

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
meaningless stats...what are his numbers usually
His top sprint against Spain was 34km/h, which was his flat out sprint and fastest of the WC tournament. Douglas Costa's fastest recorded in a Juve jersey so far was 34.38km/h against Roma last season.

Usain Bolt's top is 44.72 km/h.

A cheetah can run up to 120km/h.

Hope this helps.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
His top sprint against Spain was 34km/h, which was his flat out sprint and fastest of the WC tournament. Douglas Costa's fastest recorded in a Juve jersey so far was 34.38km/h against Roma last season.

Usain Bolt's top is 44.72 km/h.

A cheetah can run up to 120km/h.

Hope this helps.
Thanks. What were his top speeds when he was at madrid, and whats his overall average and variance?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I bet dybala has a limiter at 25km/h
Sorry bro, black box.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. What were his top speeds when he was at madrid, and whats his overall average and variance?
I looked for results from 2010 and he was running much the same speed (33.6km/h came up several times), which is probably to be expected considering the physical shape he is in - allegedly that of someone in their early-mid twenties. He can most probably run as fast as ever but he will spend less time doing it because of his shift in playing style as he has gone past 30.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
Sorry bro, black box.

- - - Updated - - -

I looked for results from 2010 and he was running much the same speed (33.6km/h came up several times), which is probably to be expected considering the physical shape he is in - allegedly that of someone in their early-mid twenties. He can most probably run as fast as ever but he will spend less time doing it because of his shift in playing style as he has gone past 30.
Well if he really did record 34 at the WC, that means he hasnt slowed down with age...basically saying he his average top speed is 34

So its interesting to see that he recorded only 30 with us , and what that means for our playstyle and our opponents

Simply hooraying every stat of his without context is naive

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Cristiano Ronaldo's Juve debut:

90 Minutes Played

71.4% Shot Accuracy
5/7 Shots on Goal
4 Crosses
3 Aerials Won
2 Chances Created

90% Pass Accuracy
57 Touches
27/30 Passes Completed
1/1 Accurate Long Ball
1 Ball Recovery
Let's compare it to Khedira's:

84 minutes played
3.9 km/hr Top Sprint Speed

100% shot accuracy
1/1 Shots on Goal
1 Goal Scored
0 Crosses
0 Aerials Won
0 Chances Created

0% Pass Accuracy
1 Touch
0/0 Passes Completed
0 Accurate Long ball
0 Ball Recovery

Looks like Sami>>>CR7 with a most important above stat.

Hey, all kidding aside and apologies to in-love with Sami posters here, but would there be real stats for Khedira with regards to this? Might show Sami really does all the little things that go unnoticed by posters (myself included) here?

Apr 19, 2007
Its going to take a little time to figure out how to get him in the best scoring situations. They played so deep and compact that he didnt have any room as a cf to have the ball at his feet. In bigger games which is why we have have him.
im he will have that space more centrally and thats where you want him. If he puts that header or first time shot in the game would have died off and hes hero but that didnt happen yesterday so lets just see what happens. I do think that Mandzukic on the field gives us the freedom to have Ronaldo more wide or central as Mandzukic and Ronaldo can both play both. Or have dybal drift a little wide right with cancelo flanking and have Ronaldo/Mandzukic more centrally at times with Costa wide left and Dybala behind. We wont struggle for width because of our Wing backs this season so I think we will be fine

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Sorry bro, black box.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not to be expected really. You can mantain bodyfat percentage, muscle mass and cardiovascular fitness until your late thirties, but speed is almost universally the first thing to go and most people start declining after 25.

A very rare counterexample would be Justin Gatlin, who actually got faster after 32.

If Ronaldo is still running as fast as he did at 25, that is absolutely insane.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
That's not to be expected really. You can mantain bodyfat percentage, muscle mass and cardiovascular fitness until your late thirties, but speed is almost universally the first thing to go and most people start declining after 25.

A very rare counterexample would be Justin Gatlin, who actually got faster after 32.

If Ronaldo is still running as fast as he did at 25, that is absolutely insane.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
Gatlin is a drugs cheat so I wouldn't even make him an exception

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
How accurate are these max sprint stats btw? Feels like based on how I can imagine they’re taken, there’s some pretty large room for error. Could they be getting twisted around at all?

- - - Updated - - -

Not room for error, I mean measurement variability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 75)