Cristiano Ronaldo (172 Viewers)

Feb 10, 2007
club will appeal, it's not final yet
I just read the press release by Juve, I think this will stay.
The press release said the compensation reduction agreement was valid, no other paper was valid. However Juve was later supposed to renegotiate given 19/20 matches were to be replayed, which Juve didn't. Hence Juve are ordered to compensate half of requested amount.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I just read the press release by Juve, I think this will stay.
The press release said the compensation reduction agreement was valid, no other paper was valid. However Juve was later supposed to renegotiate given 19/20 matches were to be replayed, which Juve didn't. Hence Juve are ordered to compensate half of requested amount.
the verdict's explanation isn't out yet, journalists are only speculating based on the available info. for me it doesn't make sense. ronaldo asked for 20m, the club said that the request is invalid, the jury made a majority decision (pretty rare according to italian sources) to award half of the request, which is also weird. i don't know about similar italian cases but in hungary work related requests are either awarded or denied without any middle ground. it will be interesting to read the reasoning once it's available

RKid1

Jun 29, 2020
I'm no big Ronaldo fan but he is owed what he's owed. Can't blame him for this.

Blame the management who agreed a salary for him and then tried to get away without paying it.
I'm with you. It feels like Juve is trying to get out of paying him on some kind of legal technicality or loophole.

Ronaldo has every right to ask for the money he's owed

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Amusing how people are only now realising what should have been obvious before he even signed the contract.
I think we were all pretty excited at the time, and on top of that we trusted the management to know what it was doing.

Signing Higuain for such a huge amount was a shock but didn't wreck us, so we figured that's where we were.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I'm with you. It feels like Juve is trying to get out of paying him on some kind of legal technicality or loophole.

Ronaldo has every right to ask for the money he's owed
question is whether he has the right and to me it looks like it's rather him who used some loopholes to get the money

it's about the deferred wages. the players who got their wages for the covid season were still at the club when they got their compensation. the explanation of the verdict isn't out yet but allegedly the jury argued that while no appropriate documents were signed by ronaldo, he was probably promised to get that money, and while both parties are responsible, he can't get the whole amount he's asking for, but he's entitled to the half of it. such a weird thing. again, there was no signed contract about that money. and the jury's decision wasn't even that obvious, it was a split decision which is unusual. and last year his request was already denied.

but it's nice to know that some juve fans surely know that ronaldo has every right to ask for that money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 151)