Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player in the World (8 Viewers)

OP
Quickfeet

Quickfeet

Jan 18, 2007
  • Thread Starter #22
    but brazil had a shit team on
    No they didn't. Ronaldinho was injured, Ze Roberto retired, Cafu retired, Ronaldo wasn't called up, Emerson wasn't called up, Daniel Carvalho wasn't either, despite those odd changes, Brazil still had a good enough team to beat Portugal, Portugal was the better team, if Portugal was missing out on some key players and Brazil won people would not mention that Portugal was missing players.

At least you brought it up that they didn't have some of their key players, but they had other great players.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    Kaka has been phenomenal,but so has Ronaldo.I dont think there's a clear indicator that can tell who is better.I dont think Manchester United would have done so well this season had Ronaldo not been in such amazing form,and the same goes for Kaka.A bad season for them could have been worse had Kaka not been in great touch.I think Kaka is the better player in terms of skill,but id have to go with Ronaldo in terms of current form.

OP
    Quickfeet

Quickfeet

Jan 18, 2007
  • Thread Starter #26
    Kaka has been phenomenal,but so has Ronaldo.I dont think there's a clear indicator that can tell who is better.I dont think Manchester United would have done so well this season had Ronaldo not been in such amazing form,and the same goes for Kaka.A bad season for them could have been worse had Kaka not been in great touch.I think Kaka is the better player in terms of skill,but id have to go with Ronaldo in terms of current form.
    It depends on the day, i'm contridicting myself by saying this but he is one of the best in the world.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
    No they didn't. Ronaldinho was injured, Ze Roberto retired, Cafu retired, Ronaldo wasn't called up, Emerson wasn't called up, Daniel Carvalho wasn't either, despite those odd changes, Brazil still had a good enough team to beat Portugal, Portugal was the better team, if Portugal was missing out on some key players and Brazil won people would not mention that Portugal was missing players.

At least you brought it up that they didn't have some of their key players, but they had other great players.
    well.. that just proves my point portugal had a really good team out and brazil had good players out but not their ful capacity team, but lets not get off topic, i like C.ronaldo alot mainly because he is getting so many points on my fantasy team :D

OP
    Quickfeet

Quickfeet

Jan 18, 2007
  • Thread Starter #28
    well.. that just proves my point portugal had a really good team out and brazil had good players out but not their ful capacity team, but lets not get off topic, i like C.ronaldo alot mainly because he is getting so many points on my fantasy team :D
    Haha, assists, and goals. Goals are mostly rebounds though but hey he gets the job done.

Portugal v Brazil was a fantastic game the favourites were still Brazil.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I think we have to wait and see about how things play out in the future -- including ManU's coming CL and Premiership title hunt. But I'd be hard pressed right now to name another player in the world who is in better form and having a better season than C Ronaldo. If he throws in some good NT play this year for the Euro qualifiers, he could be a favorite for the Ballon d'Or.

OP
    Quickfeet

Quickfeet

Jan 18, 2007
  • Thread Starter #32
    I think we have to wait and see about how things play out in the future -- including ManU's coming CL and Premiership title hunt. But I'd be hard pressed right now to name another player in the world who is in better form and having a better season than C Ronaldo. If he throws in some good NT play this year for the Euro qualifiers, he could be a favorite for the Ballon d'Or.
    Thank you. :D You agree!

Il Re

-- 10 --
    Jan 13, 2005
    he isnt.

football isn't just dribble.
    Although i'm not c ronaldo's biggest fan i have to say this season he's rele turning it on and has improved greatly, something like 16 goals in the league is incredible when you consider he isn't a striker, he is without a doubt ONE of the best in the world, but between him and kaka i'd choose the brazillian but, u must consider kaka has hit his prime years and ronaldo is probably going to improve even more before he hits 24

OP
    Quickfeet

Quickfeet

Jan 18, 2007
  • Thread Starter #36
    Ronaldo isn't just a dribbler
    he's a great diver you know
    That's funny, how many times have you watched Ronaldo, enough for you to only say he's a diver, you just wanted someone to get a laugh out of that one i'm sure someone will, mission accomplished. :rolleyes:

Jul 23, 2006
    That's funny, how many times have you watched Ronaldo, enough for you to only say he's a diver, you just wanted someone to get a laugh out of that one i'm sure someone will, mission accomplished. :rolleyes:
    i was only joking
    n i watched around 25 Man Utd games this season(as well as all the Portugal matches in the world cup), is that enough or should i watch every single Man Utd game?

oh btw, so you're saying CR barely dives(if not never)?

Tha Bo$$

May 15, 2003
    Cristiano Ronaldo is a very good player, maybe top 10 material, but he's defo not the best. I never fancy him in one on one situations and he's made some terrible misses this season. He's also very very greedy. His plus points are his pace, dribbling skills and his dead balls, which incidently he's copied off of Juninho - although I think Ronaldos are a little more hit and hope.

Kaka - almost the complete player

Totti - I can't believe no one mentions him. He's had a fantastic season.

Jul 23, 2006
    Cristiano Ronaldo is a very good player, maybe top 10 material, but he's defo not the best. I never fancy him in one on one situations and he's made some terrible misses this season. He's also very very greedy. His plus points are his pace, dribbling skills and his dead balls, which incidently he's copied off of Juninho - although I think Ronaldos are a little more hit and hope.

Kaka - almost the complete player

Totti - I can't believe no one mentions him. He's had a fantastic season.
    i would mention him but since most posters here h8 him, i'd rather not mention his name

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)