Cristian Romero (3 Viewers)

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
A loss for 4.8m. Only Tici can sell young potential player with a loss. He gives a buy option too cheap. #Ticinomic

Even MU loan Dalot to Milan without option and ask more than 25m while he is their benchwarmer for 2 season

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I don't think it will down to Tici itself , he must getting report from the coach that does not want to use him. Think that Romero is falling far behing the pecking order so for sustainability the only logic way is to sell him as near as his book value. That is because he deemed surplus to requirement. If Pirlo really sees him as a great defender, he is actually the most fit player into the system as he can play in 3 man or 4 man defense and that hybrid shit will suit him the most The truth will come out later, but the fact that we can't ignore is that we are the selling club for some years and we trade players for lesser players too.

This happen to sustain our high wage bills and get some money to invest elsewhere. Kean sold to Everton , Spinna trade with Pellegrini, Cancelo with Danilo, Romero, and now Demiral. We even loaned out that Pellegrini just to soften our wages while put Frabotta there. And for Tici defense he did great investment in De Ligt, Chiesa and Kulu. I will say Rabiot will be great too but that only happen if he reach the performance of 7m salaries players. With that in mind, we can say that we snap him for free. If he can justify his salary with us, then other clubs will be okay with his salary when they interested in him and that is some other 50m+ profit

All of this profit combine will dwarf that 4.8m minus from Romero transfer. This is just my thinking with positive view about our situation regarding Romero
And I believe no one in Juventus will know that he will explode in Atalanta in such way and winning Copa America after he left us. If that is not the case, he will saw just as 20-25m valuation players. And that is not really much different from our total fee received

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Jamie Carragher called him the signing of the season in the Premier League.

The fact that we never gave him a chance is a complete joke.
How could we have known?
It's not like the guy was captaining Genoa at 19 or is it?
The deal to sell him looks way worse in hindsight of de Ligt's deal.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Meh, hindsight without context always leads to this. We didn't keep him because we had Chiellini, Bonucci, De Ligt and Demiral at the time.

Out of the two rugged defenders Demiral seemed like the best bet of the two but he did his ACL and hasn't really improved so far. Problem is we ended up with Rugani as the 4th defender. But does Romero end up as a top defender playing Rugani minutes or slightly more? No, he has to play, it really depends on the player, but an emerging top defender is more likely to want regular starts than someone like Rugani who knows their role.

The other thing is, it's not like he was pulling up any trees with his loan to Genoa before he went to Atalanta. We could have kept loaning him out but it depends what the player wants. A progression of Genoa > Atalanta > Spurs is always far more likely than Genoa > Juventus. He's chosen well. It's too easy to pretend the player would be at the same level staying at us or on random loans.

Also no real surprise Carragher saying something like this, he loves championing defenders.

Jun 16, 2020
General opinion here was that we made a mistake when he was on loan at Genoa

Then everyone was happy that we found a solution

So it’s not really fair to have regrets now in my opinion. Situation was horrible handled from the beginning, time to move on

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Jamie Carragher called him the signing of the season in the Premier League.

The fact that we never gave him a chance is a complete joke.
A bit of an odd choice given that he missed over 20 games because of injury. Then again Carragher is a bit odd.

Would agree though that he should have been given a chance. He should have stayed in Pirlo's season, he would have suited the system well. Just another in a long list of poor planning.

General opinion here was that we made a mistake when he was on loan at Genoa

Then everyone was happy that we found a solution

So it’s not really fair to have regrets now in my opinion. Situation was horrible handled from the beginning, time to move on
General opinions here are often poor. I thought we should have brought him back after Genoa. Far too many looked at their poor defensive record and blamed him. Their team was terrible.

Jul 15, 2006
i love how paratici made a brilliant business, a club he (formally) never worked for, but made a minusvalenza for juve and overpaid for him at tottenham. the robin hood of football directors

if there's one juventus employee from the last decade i'd love to see in jail, that's tici
19/20: signed him from Genoa for €31.5m

20/21: loaned him to Atalanta with option for €16m (with no buy-back) which they activate

21/22: loans him for Spurs w/ obligation for €50m

wtf?

sources:

https://www.juventus.com/images/image/upload/dev/lbjtmydud1oyfpfsvdlg.pdf

https://www.juventus.com/en/news/articles/agreement-with-genoa-for-cristian-romero

magician

Oct 22, 2022

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)