Cristian Romero (3 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He definitely has more aggression than Rugani. I think Rugani reads the game better, though.

If anything, I see Romero as more the robust kind of CB that would replace Chiellini.

- - - Updated - - -

In fact, I can't recall he last time Rugani slid-tackled anyone. Not that that is a bad thing, cuz good defenders that read the game well tackle less methinks.

I think Romero just likes to tackle (which are my favorite kinds of defenders) :D

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
He definitely has more aggression than Rugani. I think Rugani reads the game better, though.

If anything, I see Romero as more the robust kind of CB that would replace Chiellini.

- - - Updated - - -

In fact, I can't recall he last time Rugani slid-tackled anyone. Not that that is a bad thing, cuz good defenders that read the game well tackle less methinks.

I think Romero just likes to tackle (which are my favorite kinds of defenders) :D
Well if eventually both Rugani and Romero turned out to be good, they could compliment each other the way Bonucci and Chiellini do now.

Romero looks like the real deal but in general I'm against buying those hyped kids for defense. It's the same as with GKs, you don't want to have kiddies doing stupid mistakes at Juve, where every trophy matters. It's true that buying established defenders is more expensive and rather short-term minded but on the other hand, kids pretty much never will be given enough chances to grow here.

If we want those kids to be any useful, you buy someone like Romero and you leave him for 2 more years at Genoa. Rugani came here too early and I think it didn't do him any good, especially when you compare him to Caldara's and Romagnoli's growth.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Well if eventually both Rugani and Romero turned out to be good, they could compliment each other the way Bonucci and Chiellini do now.

Romero looks like the real deal but in general I'm against buying those hyped kids for defense. It's the same as with GKs, you don't want to have kiddies doing stupid mistakes at Juve, where every trophy matters. It's true that buying established defenders is more expensive and rather short-term minded but on the other hand, kids pretty much never will be given enough chances to grow here.

If we want those kids to be any useful, you buy someone like Romero and you leave him for 2 more years at Genoa. Rugani came here too early and I think it didn't do him any good, especially when you compare him to Caldara's and Romagnoli's growth.
First sentence is exactly where I was going with it. Romero doesn't mean Rugani is out it just means to me we will have the suave CB with the gritty CB. We also seem to have that.

- - - Updated - - -

Romero looks like Jimenez to me in the sense he has little fear of going into a challenge.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
First sentence is exactly where I was going with it. Romero doesn't mean Rugani is out it just means to me we will have the suave CB with the gritty CB. We also seem to have that.

- - - Updated - - -

Romero looks like Jimenez to me in the sense he has little fear of going into a challenge.
Definitely, the guy is reckless. The way he pushed Mandzukic a week ago shows it perfectly IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)