Cristian Romero (5 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
We must rate this guy very highly if we are willing to part €21m for him after only half a season in Serie A. Nice to see us focusing on our ageing defence though.

Now focus on the fucking midfield.
Based on Paratici's interview with Woj on that Polish channel, he seems to covet CBs who clatter people. I don't know if this is good or bad to be honest. Romero seems very aggressive but also short, and I haven't seen him a lot with the ball to say whether he's effective or not.

He is quick and fearless so I guess that's a plus.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Based on Paratici's interview with Woj on that Polish channel, he seems to covet CBs who clatter people. I don't know if this is good or bad to be honest. Romero seems very aggressive but also short, and I haven't seen him a lot with the ball to say whether he's effective or not.

He is quick and fearless so I guess that's a plus.
We need this type to replace Chiellini and Benatia who just left. Enforcer and man marker, to match up with the timid passive positioning type like Bonucci or Rugani.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Doesn't seem that short to me.

Sergio Ramos 1.84m (as mentioned above). Thiago Silva 1.83m. Ferrara was 1.80m. Puyol was 1.78m. Cannavaro was 1.76m. And so on and so forth.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Sorry I meant to type slight, not short. But then again force = mass x acceleration and he's definitely quick.
Whoscored lists his passing as "very weak", whatever that means. I don't generally place much emphasis on those lists.

He averages only 23 passes per game, a 76.9% pass completion mark, and 1.3 long balls per game. So it's definitely not a main feature for him, but that could have more to do with how Genoa play than a weakness there.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I have a feeling we will get this guy this summer, and then go for De Ligt in 2020. Focus on revamping the midfield first, and then pair Rugani with either De Ligt and Romero moving forward. Ronaldo and Mandzukic both have another 2-3 good seasons, so we have to capitalize on that opportunity. Go for a top talent in the striker's department in 2021. Ronaldo won't be here beyond the 2021-2022 I feel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)