Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (34 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Where do you read reliable Chinese news?

I'm not even joking.
Anything which isn't state-sponsored is a safe bet. I read on BBC World that they locked down Xi'an (13m people) because of 120 cases, and there was another city I've forgotten where they have checkpoints to prevent people leaving because they found 3 Covid cases lol.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Anything which isn't state-sponsored is a safe bet. I read on BBC World that they locked down Xi'an (13m people) because of 120 cases, and there was another city I've forgotten where they have checkpoints to prevent people leaving because they found 3 Covid cases lol.
I thought they would just bulldoze the town, bury all the bodies, and remove it from the maps. Then pave it over and build an entirely new city in its place with Evergrande money and let the new buyers flood in.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
And to my earlier point, the US health care system is bleeding out so badly, they're trying to hire as many filthy immos as fast as they can...

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...-u-s-hospitals-are-hiring-more-foreign-nurses

Among systems of systems, this is the first time I've been able to correlate American Covid policy with immigration policy in a way that is actively trying to repatriate people.

In other words: being anti-vax or against restriction measures is now becoming correlated with a pro-immigration stance. o_O

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Nope. That’s ICU admissions. Critical care.
I see. Low enough for me still.

And It's data from May 21 to December 21, so it's very likely those numbers will go down even further moving on from now, with Omikron becoming the dominant variant.

Overall it's nothing new. I don't get why there still are so many unvaxxed seniors around. The lockdowns and all were designed to buy us time AND to protect the most vulnerable group, and now that vaccines have been available for months, many of said group still haven't taken them.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I see. Low enough for me still.

And It's data from May 21 to December 21, so it's very likely those numbers will go down even further moving on from now, with Omikron becoming the dominant variant.

Overall it's nothing new. I don't get why there still are so many unvaxxed seniors around. The lockdowns and all were designed to buy us time AND to protect the most vulnerable group, and now that vaccines have been available for months, many of said group still haven't taken them.
:tup:
In all age groups ICU makes up ~25% of hospitalizations here. But I believe in the under 40 age groups the hospitalization rate to ICU was over 10-1, I can’t really remember what it was last time I read it. So it would be 20-30/100,000, or 1000-1500/100,000 over the course of a year.

Here in BC 98.75% of 70-80 are vaxxed. 100% of 80+. I think much of the problem is in the age group just below. 50-70. Though i can’t speak for other places

If you watched during Delta in the US, most states had very high vax rates among senior, median age of death fell significantly. The unvaccinated, younger population made up the lion’s share of hospitalizations and deaths, and consequently the median age of both plummeted. But US is a bit of an outlier due to just how unhealthy the general populace is.

It also seems like the 50-70 age group, which had significant risk, especially if other health issues are present, had a fairly low vaccination rate in a lot of places and was a big driver of hospitalizations and deaths during delta.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
So in my agegroup (30), 2-3 people out of 100.000 end up in hospital per week? Am I reading this right?
https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ...D-19-Trends.html?__blob=publicationFile#/home
Scroll down, click on Bayern
As of today, 2.34 per 100k people in Bayern are hospitalized every week with COVID (including the old-timers)
nationwide 3.15

Looks like PI has some goalposts to move, again.

I've grown weary of explaining the underlying motives behind this kidnapping of the sane by the insane. Everybody except top of the bell curve dwellers know the motives aren't based on medical considerations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)