Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (53 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
But numbers aren’t at all close to when it started. Only case numbers. What matters is hospitalizations and deaths, and amongst heavily vaccinated populations those are a fraction of what they were.
Oh no, I'm talking about the new variant.

But also, not quite, at least not here. With 50% we have same cases and more death than before.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Oh no, I'm talking about the new variant.

But also, not quite, at least not here. With 50% we have same cases and more death than before.
I don’t know what’s going on there, but one just need look at the charts @suligodsilla posted to see high levels of vaccination uptake are keeping deaths down in most European countries. It’s the same here in Canada, the vaccines are still in the 80-90% effective range for preventing hospitalization and death.

We shall see about the new variant. If it’s actually more deadly and/or evades vaccine/natural antibodies to cause death in those who are protected against current variants, then that is of course very concerning. If it is just more transmissible but doesn’t spike serious Covid cases then it isn’t really much more of a problem than delta. Hoping for the latter.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I don’t know what’s going on there, but one just need look at the charts @suligodsilla posted to see high levels of vaccination uptake are keeping deaths down in most European countries. It’s the same here in Canada, the vaccines are still in the 80-90% effective range for preventing hospitalization and death.
I think there won't be any global solution. I think both Russia and China have left the global discussion. India too? I think each country will deal with it the way they see best, in the future possibly less vaccine and more covid meds. I see more and more meds appearing, some even go for a couple of thousand dollars from what I've seen. I still stand with what I said before, it's just a matter of time before shit hits the fan (again). Even if it stays like this it's still a bad situation. I've seen quite huge riots in Austria and some other countries fighting the new measures.

Oh and what's the deal with India? The talks about it just stopped over the night. Did they apply the Ivermectin on a country level? I'm curious if there are any new things related to that medicine since I heard countries that apply it have low death rate, yet people are talking shit about it because it's inexpensive. Can't say I researched enough about it so I have no clue.

Oh and I also noticed how Moderna already earned like 24 billion euros in a year.

Bottom line I Just don't see this shit calming down and disappearing. It just seems like a mess that's different in countries.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I think there won't be any global solution. I think both Russia and China have left the global discussion. India too? I think each country will deal with it the way they see best, in the future possibly less vaccine and more covid meds. I see more and more meds appearing, some even go for a couple of thousand dollars from what I've seen. I still stand with what I said before, it's just a matter of time before shit hits the fan (again). Even if it stays like this it's still a bad situation. I've seen quite huge riots in Austria and some other countries fighting the new measures.

Oh and what's the deal with India? The talks about it just stopped over the night. Did they apply the Ivermectin on a country level? I'm curious if there are any new things related to that medicine since I heard countries that apply it have low death rate, yet people are talking shit about it because it's inexpensive. Can't say I researched enough about it so I have no clue.

Oh and I also noticed how Moderna already earned like 24 billion euros in a year.

Bottom line I Just don't see this shit calming down and disappearing. It just seems like a mess that's different in countries.
Some bigger trials are ongoing for ivermectin right now. The India ivermectin thing was shit alt-right news sources like gateway pundit. They were trying to say India set Ivermectin protocol and within 24 hours there were no new cases, which is imbecilic in the first place as that isn’t how it would work if it does, and demonstrably false. Anyways, hopefully over the next couple months we get more info on it. Hopefully turns out to be useful unlike HCL.

I could easily see an annual Covid shot in the same vein as the flu shot. Hopefully not mandatory of course. Regardless, what’s happening here, in the UK, in the Scandi countries, etc is promising. Death rates have remained extremely low even when cases climbed again. Hopefully between vaccines, natural antibodies, and new treatments, it’s more like the seasonal flu going forward.

I’m curious if countries with lower vax rates will start to have more people taking it if they see other countries opening up more and more without spikes in deaths. I mean, here in BC, the only real Covid restriction left for vaxxed is wearing masks which is easy peasy.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Some bigger trials are ongoing for ivermectin right now. The India ivermectin thing was shit alt-right news sources like gateway pundit. They were trying to say India set Ivermectin protocol and within 24 hours there were no new cases, which is imbecilic in the first place as that isn’t how it would work if it does, and demonstrably false. Anyways, hopefully over the next couple months we get more info on it. Hopefully turns out to be useful unlike HCL.

I could easily see an annual Covid shot in the same vein as the flu shot. Hopefully not mandatory of course. Regardless, what’s happening here, in the UK, in the Scandi countries, etc is promising. Death rates have remained extremely low even when cases climbed again. Hopefully between vaccines, natural antibodies, and new treatments, it’s more like the seasonal flu going forward.
Was Africa also dealing with Ivermectin? Oh and what trials? From what I've heard clinical studies take 10 years and cost 2 billion euros which is the reason why that medicine wasn't pushed for trials.

I don't know but I don't think I can take Scandinavia as an example. They are quite mature as is and they were following the instructions even before the vaccine appeared, so even without vaccine they had really low numbers while restrictions weren't even hard.

I wish it becomes a nothing but from what I can tell we're in this shit for 2 years already and even after restrictions, medicine, vaccine and measures, even after millions of people being infected by it, we still see similar situation when it comes to infection and spread of it. It's kinda weird and I don't know how is that even possible.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Was Africa also dealing with Ivermectin? Oh and what trials? From what I've heard clinical studies take 10 years and cost 2 billion euros which is the reason why that medicine wasn't pushed for trials.

I don't know but I don't think I can take Scandinavia as an example. They are quite mature as is and they were following the instructions even before the vaccine appeared, so even without vaccine they had really low numbers while restrictions weren't even hard.

I wish it becomes a nothing but from what I can tell we're in this shit for 2 years already and even after restrictions, medicine, vaccine and measures, even after millions of people being infected by it, we still see similar situation when it comes to infection and spread of it. It's kinda weird and I don't know how is that even possible.
What? Not at all. HCL went through dozens of trials to show that it was ineffective in dealing with Covid in any fashion.

Peru also dealt with ivermectin, apparently it was being taken as the main treatment there while the country was on its way to the highest Covid deaths/capita in the entire world by a large margin. This is why proper trials are needed. To sort out whether it’s actually effective or not, because real world data is conflicting and most often has no idea about what other treatments are used, comorbidities, etc.

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/sci...rmectin-clinical-trials-on-november-15/story/

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news...e-claims-made-by-covid-sceptics-41025967.html

https://www.techarp.com/science/i-tech-ivermectin-covid-19/?amp=1

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/h...tment/51-fcc6b582-6226-4f18-981f-2c9e4db7dfba

https://www.globenewswire.com/en/ne...ls-to-Find-Effective-COVID-19-Treatments.html

Just a fraction of the ivermectin trials just finished/underway/or about to begin.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Just tested positive for Covid after dealing with a few days of what I thought was my normal cold I get this time of the year in this fucking miserable climate. So I am officially a breakthrough case since I’m fully vaccinated. Smell and taste is slightly off. Hopefully I don’t get worse.
I'm sorry about Paris. At least your symptoms are manageable by the sound of it, though I'm sure the lack of ability to taste or smell interferes with your cooking. Get well soon :tup:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Oh what a surprise. A new variant more deadly than others.

Here we go again.
Hey, Adele can't top the charts forever.

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/circ.144.suppl_1.10712

Chance of a heart attack in 5 years in people with an mRNA vaccine against Covid is increased by 11 to 25%

video explanation

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. Those studies. I'd be believing the vaccines caused additional limb growth.

Which explains the third hand growing out of my back right now.

:agree: something with jungle or black death

something more cool
Jungle POW!!!!

It’s named Nu variant, which apparently is pronounced “Nee” in greek. WHO is so incompetent that they can’t even choose proper names.
Nu. Omicron. Whatever dafuq it will sound like a new Tesla model.

Variants need branding, dammit.

Just tested positive for Covid after dealing with a few days of what I thought was my normal cold I get this time of the year in this fucking miserable climate. So I am officially a breakthrough case since I’m fully vaccinated. Smell and taste is slightly off. Hopefully I don’t get worse.
Damn, that sucks. That said, great thing you're vaccinated. That should make the ride pretty smooth I hope.

Sadly yes. Will probably just try to go in the Spring. The forecast next week looks horrible anyway and I don’t want to get stuck there if my tests continue to show positive despite being fine.

I guess the good news is I won’t need my booster any time soon with my new super hybrid immunity.
France could soon by a s*t show given the latest news... you just don't know.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Can you get your hands on prednisolone? Id say go with that and 2000 iu's of vit D.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It's not like Biden has said quite a few things they would have absolutely killed Trump for.
Claim someone else's idea as racist....a year later take it as your own.

- - - Updated - - -

Illegals get a free pass here though. Apparently they yield the most durable anti-COVID immune system known to man or COVID doesn't happen at our border.

Last edited:

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

We had a huge push in vaccinations. About 80% of the adult population has taken one dose. Only half of those have completed the second dose though. We also had city wide curfews and lockdowns, followed by localised containment zones when the numbers were really high a couple of months ago. Officially, the numbers have gone down drastically now. As the case with most official numbers, it's hard to tell if it has really gone down or if the government has stopped counting. That said, hospitals, at least in my city, are running well below capacity and the make-shift covid hospitals have been closed. A couple of months ago we had to scramble to find a bed and oxygen cylinders. No longer the case now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)