Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (48 Viewers)

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
:sergio:

@kao ray

So there’s an expression of concern from the publishers due to problems with that study.

And then I found this, that picks it apart pretty convincingly. I knew I recognized the study authors name. He’s that lectin pseudoscience quack doctor. And at the end of the abstract he has the gall to recommend people take one of the supplements he sells for heart “health” lol. I’m not saying this study is for sure garbage, but… definitely a bit dodgy. Read through the entire group of tweets linked below.

- - - Updated - - -

Here’s the expression of concern. Yikes.
0B181B9F-CE91-44CE-A1B9-C24711A542E1.jpeg
What Aseem Malhorta is saying in the second clip is also worrisome. Researchers from the cardiology department have contacted him and their findings are similar to that dodgy article.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Latvia must have gotten broken vaccines.
The share of population vaccinated isnt the most important metric, the share of risk group vaccinated matters much more, Latvia, Lithuania and other countries suck at it, both have hundreds of thousands not vax seniors which is a huge number for their size.

Most of the dead and the ones in intensive care are 60+ year olds, EU in general should focus on seniors instead of planning on how to vax 5-11 yo's. I dont see why my 5 yo kid should get vaccinated if the Covid risks for him are very close to 0. All of my family had Covid a year ago and the kid had minimal symptoms for precisely 1 day, the easiest "illness" she's ever had.

Last edited:

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
:sergio:

They don’t have 5 years of data. It has nothing to do with that. It’s a measurement of multiple protein biomarkers that gives an overall score which can be used to predict the likelihood of vascular events like heart attacks over the following 5 years. And up to 2.5 months post-vaccination they are saying the score is still elevated predicting a higher risk. i don’t know about the PULS test specifically, but predicting heart attack risk based on biomarkers is not bullshit.

The sample size isn’t big enough from the study to be conclusive, but if the study is actually legit it definitely warrants looking into. Given that Covid itself in symptomatic cases has not infrequently led to long term heart inflammation/ cardiovascular issues, it’s not really all that surprising that a vaccine for it could cause increased risk of heart issues too. Although it still seems actual Covid infection is much more likely to do so than the vaccines.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...ation-to-kids-is-from-covid-19not-the-vaccine

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/hea...ases/coronavirus/heart-problems-after-covid19

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covi...ore-common-after-covid-than-after-vaccination

- - - Updated - - -

@kao ray

So there’s an expression of concern from the publishers due to problems with that study.

And then I found this, that picks it apart pretty convincingly. I knew I recognized the study authors name. He’s that lectin pseudoscience quack doctor. And at the end of the abstract he has the gall to recommend people take one of the supplements he sells for heart “health” lol. I’m not saying this study is for sure garbage, but… definitely a bit dodgy. Read through the entire group of tweets linked below.

- - - Updated - - -

Here’s the expression of concern. Yikes.
0B181B9F-CE91-44CE-A1B9-C24711A542E1.jpeg
After looking more closely at this abstract I found 2 main issues, which I predicted to be there, without even looking into it:
1. No information on the Covid status of these patients. For some of them, there could be 7 months between the measurements - plenty of time to catch Covid and heal.
2. Follow-up of the results is only up to 2,5 months past the vaccination date. This is a very short period of time and could mean the elevated risk is only a temporary condition. The test group, according to the report, had been tested for 8 years for the same risk.

Additional questions:

How was this group of 566 (a pretty small sample I must say) selected?
How was the data collected?
Who collected the data?
Where was the data collected?
Can we see the raw data?

I think this is a very suspicious abstract and the whole report is very likely a complete fraud.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
After looking more closely at this abstract I found 2 main issues, which I predicted to be there, without even looking into it:
1. No information on the Covid status of these patients. For some of them, there could be 7 months between the measurements - plenty of time to catch Covid and heal.
2. Follow-up of the results is only up to 2,5 months past the vaccination date. This is a very short period of time and could mean the elevated risk is only a temporary condition. The test group, according to the report, had been tested for 8 years for the same risk.

Additional questions:

How was this group of 566 (a pretty small sample I must say) selected?
How was the data collected?
Who collected the data?
Where was the data collected?
Can we see the raw data?

I think this is a very suspicious abstract and the whole report is very likely a complete fraud.
What do you think about his opinion that this needs to be investigated?

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
We’re currently entering a new lockdown after the weekend considering the numbers have been rising for a few weeks. The measures are lousy though: closing non-essential shops and the hospitality industry at 17:00. Doesn’t seem to me like that’ll do much during the holiday season. Wonder who comes up with such ideas. Closing shops earlier during Christmas will only make it more crowded to me

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
We’re currently entering a new lockdown after the weekend considering the numbers have been rising for a few weeks. The measures are lousy though: closing non-essential shops and the hospitality industry at 17:00. Doesn’t seem to me like that’ll do much during the holiday season. Wonder who comes up with such ideas. Closing shops earlier during Christmas will only make it more crowded to me
No push back?

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
The new variant has been discovered in Belgium. I would have to assume that this has already been spread around, no way it was contained in South Africa for so long.

I remember when UKovid or the Indian variant was discovered and came out. Took over in no time. It’ll be the dominant variant in a few months.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Containing a Virus like that in 2021 is such a pipedream. Makes me chuckle each time they mention it.
I think it's more about measuring "how bad is this one?" Or at least that's how I see it. Because if that is the case and it has been spreading for lets say the past month or so, perhaps that can help explain the increase in cases, but at the same time hospitalizations and deaths remain low in highly vaccinated areas so that would be a great sign imo.

Jun 7, 2003
If the vaccines would have been distributed everywhere equally around the world it could have been hindered to mutate, we would still have the problem that people wouldn't want the vaccination but at least the people would have had the chance to vaccine if they wanted

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Containing a Virus like that in 2021 is such a pipedream. Makes me chuckle each time they mention it.
I think the idea is to have it be less dangerous once it becomes endemic. That’s why what’s happening in the UK is being watched so closely. Hospitalizations and deaths remain very low amongst the vaccinated. The IFR has plummeted in highly vaccinated areas. And if this permanently gets it down to around seasonal flu level danger, that’s great.

- - - Updated - - -

What Aseem Malhorta is saying in the second clip is also worrisome. Researchers from the cardiology department have contacted him and their findings are similar to that dodgy article.
Oh for sure. I wasn’t disagreeing that mrna vaccines can cause heart issues, it seems they definitely can (how much of an issue and how prevalent doesn’t seem to be known yet). Just that one abstract was rather dodgy. Covid, even with very light/no symptoms has been shown to possibly cause lung and heart issues in a percentage of those who contract it, I wish we had better data points on that and on testing for antibodies to determine who needed vaccination. For all we know, getting vaxxed after already having it could be causing some of these issues. I find it a bit frustrating that the response is still so single-minded to the vaccines, and ignoring other paths like those who have developed stronger antibodies from having been sick with it previously.

Last edited:
OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #13,136
    Just tested positive for Covid after dealing with a few days of what I thought was my normal cold I get this time of the year in this fucking miserable climate. So I am officially a breakthrough case since I’m fully vaccinated. Smell and taste is slightly off. Hopefully I don’t get worse.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    Just tested positive for Covid after dealing with a few days of what I thought was my normal cold I get this time of the year in this fucking miserable climate. So I am officially a breakthrough case since I’m fully vaccinated. Smell and taste is slightly off. Hopefully I don’t get worse.
    Ah crap. You were leaving for Paris no?

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #13,138
    Ah crap. You were leaving for Paris no?
    Sadly yes. Will probably just try to go in the Spring. The forecast next week looks horrible anyway and I don’t want to get stuck there if my tests continue to show positive despite being fine.

I guess the good news is I won’t need my booster any time soon with my new super hybrid immunity.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    virus panic > vaccine that calms down things and people > new variant > new panic > shows numbers like when it all started so vaccine won't take the blame but new variant > forcing people to take another, another and another shot

and repeat

life won't be the same in the future sadly

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    virus panic > vaccine that calms down things and people > new variant > new panic > shows numbers like when it all started so vaccine won't take the blame but new variant > forcing people to take another, another and another shot

and repeat

life won't be the same in the future sadly
    But numbers aren’t at all close to when it started. Only case numbers. What matters is hospitalizations and deaths, and amongst heavily vaccinated populations those are a fraction of what they were.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)