Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (41 Viewers)

Jun 7, 2003
Love you man, but posts like this are what the dislike button was for
haha whatever, i'm not a doctor neither an expert for vaccines. I just want to have open clubs and bars and this circus to be over. The politicians get a lot of money for finding solutions for this kind of scenarios but they are doing nothing the whole time, their only plan seems to be scapegoating unvaxxed people and that won't help

Buy on AliExpress.com

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
haha whatever, i'm not a doctor neither an expert for vaccines. I just want to have open clubs and bars and this circus to be over. The politicians get a lot of money for finding solutions for this kind of scenarios but they are doing nothing the whole time, their only plan seems to be scapegoating unvaxxed people and that won't help
How is another lockdown going to achieve that?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
According to our world in data, Gibraltar has 121% of its population vaccinated (almost all fully vaccinated and a lot have received a booster)

Yet I read they are cancelling Christmas celebrations and so on because of a covid spike...

My guess is the vaccine is shit and doesn't work that good long term...

Sadly another year full of bullshit incoming
Repeat after me: vaccines are for preventing symptoms, not so much infections.

Jun 7, 2003
How is another lockdown going to achieve that?
Another lockdown will achieve for people and family members to say in a human way goodby to their grandparents before they die and will achieve health sector workers to not lose their mind after 2 years without a day off, vacations and unlimited overtime. Right now it seems that another lockdown for all is unavoidable, my preference for open bars is not so important in this situation. Allthough friends of mine, who have bars, maybe will financially not survive another lockdown. Let's see what the politicians will do

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Why the need to "cancel Christmas" though? Too many hospitalisations?

Another lockdown will achieve for people and family members to say in a human way goodby to their grandparents before they die and will achieve health sector workers to not lose their mind after 2 years without a day off, vacations and unlimited overtime. Right now it seems that another lockdown for all is unavoidable, my preference for open bars is not so important in this situation. Allthough friends of mine, who have bars, maybe will financially not survive another lockdown. Let's see what the politicians will do
Not sure I understand. All of that didn't happen during the last lockdown?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
According to our world in data, Gibraltar has 121% of its population vaccinated (almost all fully vaccinated and a lot have received a booster)

Yet I read they are cancelling Christmas celebrations and so on because of a covid spike...

My guess is the vaccine is shit and doesn't work that good long term...

Sadly another year full of bullshit incoming
Gibraltar, where thousands of people live on a strip of land the size of my garden.

Strickland

May 17, 2019

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
And yet, without vaccines we had full hospitals, or less full than right now when we have plenty of vaccinated while measures are pretty much the same.

One would thought how with 60-80% vaccinated you wouldn't have full hospitals. Guess not.

But oh right, it's filled wirh unvaccinated people. Yet when we had no vaccine capacities in hospitals were same as now.

Must be one hell of a vaccine to do so many magical tricks.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
And yet, without vaccines we had full hospitals, or less full than right now when we have plenty of vaccinated while measures are pretty much the same.

One would thought how with 60-80% vaccinated you wouldn't have full hospitals. Guess not.

But oh right, it's filled wirh unvaccinated people. Yet when we had no vaccine capacities in hospitals were same as now.

Must be one hell of a vaccine to do so many magical tricks.
But this is reductionist logic. Everything is flattened to a world with vaccines Vs. a world without. When you dive into gross oversimplifications, you get the physicist’s “assume a spherical cow” joke.

Life is very very different in countries today with vaccines versus when we didn’t have them.

But arguably, many countries should be able to tolerate higher infection rates than they did back then, since the rate of bad symptoms should be that much lower among the vaccinated.

Unvaccinated are kind of hosed. But the vaccinated should be closer to common flu territory.

Is it really still that bad across the Atlantic right now?
As Covid has gone for the past 2 years: the USA is on about a 1-2 month time lag from Europe.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Is it really still that bad across the Atlantic right now?
No but there are 175 different countries in Europe and they all have their weird and wonderful ways of dealing with things.

Boris hasn't ruled out a Christmas lockdown (lol), but tbh the hospitalisation cases and deaths are not too alarming. I still know people getting it. It was my brother's stag/bachelor last weekend and one of the lads caught it (there were hundreds of people in close proximity) but so far the rest of us haven't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)