Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (204 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
unnamed-3.jpg

Doesnt matter how hard I practice, I will never reach the level of you
That seems pretty obvious.

The disclaimer is correct in saying that those masks are not a protection from coronavirus, they are not air-tight, with fine particle protection, the type that doctors and nurses on infected wards use (N95 rated) i.e. not a respirator, it says it there on the box also. Those masks only reduce the spread of droplets and particles from your mouth or nose. A breathable barrier.

This is part of the problem, a basic level of understanding.

3833.jpg

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

The disclaimer is correct in saying that those masks are not a protection from coronavirus, they are not air-tight, with fine particle protection, the type that doctors and nurses on infected wards use (N95 rated) i.e. not a respirator, it says it there on the box also. Those masks only reduce the spread of droplets and particles from your mouth or nose. A breathable barrier.

3833.jpg
interesting. So it sort of works like a vaccine in that it doesn’t eliminate the risk but it significantly reduces it?

Jun 8, 2021

3833.jpg
soooooo, why do we have to wear them?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
interesting. So it sort of works like a vaccine in that it doesn’t eliminate the risk but it significantly reduces it?
I'm not sure of how significant they are in reducing the spread, especially considering that a lot of people can't even wear them properly. But if you've ever sat for example in a coffee shop and watched two people talking with the sun shining in through the window it is amazing how disgusting we are, firing spray everywhere even just having a normal conversation. If you cough or sneeze obviously it is much worse, and even just breathing releases very small particles. It's a shame it isn't coloured red and wafts around us at all times, because if people can't see it they don't believe in it.

Besides, people were talking about this stuff with the different types of masks 18 months ago.

Jun 8, 2021
The clue is there in my last post.
But corona particles are smaller than fabric of the mask, so how then the mask stops spreading rona?

- - - Updated - - -

:lol2:
Dont know why you bother. You have the patience of a saint.
Shut up and prepare to sixth or somethin jab because this one now will surely work :D

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
.... but those dont fly around 1 meter

- - - Updated - - -

All those jabs in you are already taking afect as I can se :eek:
Just over 1 metre is about right for droplets more than 5 microns, some can travel further. This is just from talking, obviously coughs and sneezes are much worse. Worst is that smaller particles can float in the air for minutes at a time. A surgical mask only offers rudimentary protection from them, but they are only designed to reduce the amount of droplets coming from the wearer.

Jun 8, 2021
Just over 1 metre is about right for droplets more than 5 microns, some can travel further. This is just from talking, obviously coughs and sneezes are much worse. Worst is that smaller particles can float in the air for minutes at a time. A surgical mask only offers rudimentary protection from them, but they are only designed to reduce the amount of droplets coming from the wearer.
And yet, when they test you, they are searching it literarlly in your brain, when acordding to you, one spit on tissue would be enough

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

3833.jpg
There needs to be more product labels written by lawyers: "This product claims to do jack."

soooooo, why do we have to wear them?
Let me ask another question: Why do you have to wash your hands after taking a dump?

I'm not sure of how significant they are in reducing the spread, especially considering that a lot of people can't even wear them properly. But if you've ever sat for example in a coffee shop and watched two people talking with the sun shining in through the window it is amazing how disgusting we are, firing spray everywhere even just having a normal conversation. If you cough or sneeze obviously it is much worse, and even just breathing releases very small particles. It's a shame it isn't coloured red and wafts around us at all times, because if people can't see it they don't believe in it.

Besides, people were talking about this stuff with the different types of masks 18 months ago.
Yet people act like this is totally new. That SARS-Cov-1 never happened and the years of Asian mask-wearing that followed was merely a surgical fashion statement.

But corona particles are smaller than fabric of the mask, so how then the mask stops spreading rona?
You do realize that the sneeze shield on the Sizzler salad bar isn't there to prevent you from inhaling all the food, right?

Jun 8, 2021
@Allegri_is_God , do you not stop and consider the possibility that maybe all these people are not all gullible sheep, and you're one of the few enlightened ones? I mean, maybe just maybe you're wrong on this one?
Yeah, they told that to Giordano Bruno, didnt they?

- - - Updated - - -

Let me ask another question: Why do you have to wash your hands after taking a dump?
because it actually works?

Last edited:
OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #11,898
    But it's not foolproof. To quote a pub: "Handwashing can reduce diarrheal diseases by 30 percent to 48 percent, according to previously published research."

So by that definition, it's a failure and we should just ask our food servers to wipe their asses with our dinner before plating it.
    :lol:

Nice one. Same with covering your mouth while you sneeze.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    It seems we're on our way to get ass fucked (again). Two weeks ago we had like 150 cases per day and now it's 1500. We're already red listed in many countries. New measures are coming quite shortly so a lot of things are gonna get closed down earlier, etc.

Yay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 188)