Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (46 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I'm the owner - I make the rules. You don't like them? Go somewhere else.
That's how it should be imo.
thats how it is expect for certain situations. In the US for example you can’t turn someone down because of their race, religion, sex, gender or national origin. Vaccines don’t fall under any of those

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Yeah. And I wonder how much will those vaccines change lockouts in the future.

Israel already stated how pfizer is less effective on delta lol. It's a matter of time before everything repeats. I also expect a new variant which will be totally immune on vaccines.

I'm the owner - I make the rules. You don't like them? Go somewhere else.
That's how it should be imo.
But where do you draw the line? A couple of years back not many people thought pedophillia would be discussed and maybe even legalized.

thats how it is expect for certain situations. In the US for example you can’t turn someone down because of their race, religion, sex, gender or national origin. Vaccines don’t fall under any of those
But that's so stupid. It's just a silly "rule". Even if you turn down someone, even if it's because of religion or race, you surely won't tell them that. You'll just out of politeness say how they picked a better and more suited candidate.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

Israel already stated how pfizer is less effective on delta lol. It's a matter of time before everything repeats. I also expect a new variant which will be totally immune on vaccines.

But where do you draw the line? A couple of years back not many people thought pedophillia would be discussed and maybe even legalized.

But that's so stupid. It's just a silly "rule". Even if you turn down someone, even if it's because of religion or race, you surely won't tell them that. You'll just out of politeness say how they picked a better and more suited candidate.
I think it’s a good rule. Prevents outright discrimination and if a business owner constantly turns down a certain demographic, it can become obvious and potentially hurt their future business.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I think it’s a good rule. Prevents outright discrimination and if a business owner constantly turns down a certain demographic, it can become obvious and potentially hurt their future business.
Or you have have 100 people say they got turned down because of it while in fact there were better candidates out there. And those brainess people destroy someones reputation just because they made a horde of brainless people.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Less effective in preventing infection, but still the same in preventing serious symptoms, which is what my original chart was showing for UK figures. The Delta variant has been here since April, two months before it was identified in Israel.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Or you have have 100 people say they got turned down because of it while in fact there were better candidates out there. And those brainess people destroy someones reputation just because they made a horde of brainless people.
That just describes people regardless. As if the past 18 months wasn't enough evidence.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Less effective in preventing infection, but still the same in preventing serious symptoms, which is what my original chart was showing for UK figures. The Delta variant has been here since April, two months before it was identified in Israel.
Bro this is not going to end or at least it's not going to end any time soon. It's gonna stick with us for a while.

People thought it would instantly disappear once they announced vaccines. Then they thought it was the logistics. Now it's something else.

I don't think the situation is well handled even at this point. It calmed down simply because it's summer, like it did past year even without vaccines. Numbers are going to slowly increase now and then rapidly once August finishes.

Sadly I don't think people will die less because we'll see new variants arrive.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Bro this is not going to end or at least it's not going to end any time soon. It's gonna stick with us for a while.

People thought it would instantly disappear once they announced vaccines. Then they thought it was the logistics. Now it's something else.

I don't think the situation is well handled even at this point. It calmed down simply because it's summer, like it did past year even without vaccines. Numbers are going to slowly increase now and then rapidly once August finishes.

Sadly I don't think people will die less because we'll see new variants arrive.
The vaccines were never designed to make the virus disappear. Who are these people you keep referring to? And even if it did, there are enough people not taking it to render that plan ineffective.

Numbers will increase here simply because they are now opening everything up and telling people you don't have to wear masks anymore. It's a direct causality. But hey, at least people are free to do what they want to do. I can't speak of what other countries are doing, there are 200+ of them all doing things their own way.

Things have clearly improved but it's obvious that here at least the decision has been made to try to live with it, let the vaccines do what they do, and in another few months the figures will either be manageable or not.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Oh and what's going on with Australia? :lol2: @Bianconero_Aus

I heard you guys have another lockdown but not just that, you can't even visit anyone in other houses? LOL
Yep. It’s fucked. We were killing it with our response until this Delta strain hit our mostly unvaccinated population. Now our politicians are going drunk with power and have made some stupid fucking decisions that no one is listening to anyway lol

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Yep. It’s fucked. We were killing it with our response until this Delta strain hit our mostly unvaccinated population. Now our politicians are going drunk with power and have made some stupid fucking decisions that no one is listening to anyway lol
Like what?

The vaccines were never designed to make the virus disappear. Who are these people you keep referring to? And even if it did, there are enough people not taking it to render that plan ineffective.

Numbers will increase here simply because they are now opening everything up and telling people you don't have to wear masks anymore. It's a direct causality. But hey, at least people are free to do what they want to do. I can't speak of what other countries are doing, there are 200+ of them all doing things their own way.

Things have clearly improved but it's obvious that here at least the decision has been made to try to live with it, let the vaccines do what they do, and in another few months the figures will either be manageable or not.
You mean you didn't hear anyone say how when vaccines are out we're going back to normal? I heard it literally daily.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
You mean you didn't hear anyone say how when vaccines are out we're going back to normal? I heard it literally daily.
Ah, but that's two different things. I still hear people saying that now when we're at 50k new cases per day, it doesn't mean that they think the virus has or will go awat, they just want to pretend it doesn't exist so they can go back to their lives, as they've either had the virus, had the jabs, or believe they are too young for it to affect them, so problem solved. And for many of these people things are back to normal, and anything which impacts on their convenience is a cause for grievance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)