Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (76 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
doesn’t say anything about giving it along with the vaccine but the application is very advanced. It can detect changes in blood and is much faster and more effective than a Covid test. Just seems like progress in the medical field to me
I was joking about the vaccine part. But yeah, "progress".

Who'll be surprised to hear in a year's time: "Thanks to all the variants, the vaccines aren't really effective at keeping infections and hospitalizations down. The only way forward is these implants which will allow us to isolate infected people before they can spread to others"?

Too expensive and impractical for the general population, anyway. They talk about detecting the virus and then hooking people up to a dialysis machine to flush Covid-19 out of the blood stream.
For now. The detecting part is probably the more useful side of it anyway.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Are the vaccines beginning to make an impact on infection and hospitalization rates yet in the US?
it depends on where you live and how high your percentage of vaccinated population is. There were some decent articles explaining why some states are dropping while others are rising last week. That’s regarding case counts, not sure about hospitalizations.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
it depends on where you live and how high your percentage of vaccinated population is. There were some decent articles explaining why some states are dropping while others are rising last week. That’s regarding case counts, not sure about hospitalizations.
I see most states are above 20% fully vaccinated.

New York is over 25% but their new cases haven't really declined since Feb 8.

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
Here in Texas, gov Abbott states that we are close to herd immunity. But he also said that the windmills were responsible for the electricity grid crashing during the snowstorm 2 months ago.
In fairness, we haven't had very many COVID-19 cases at all lately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)