[Coppa Italia] Juventus 4-0 SPAL [January 27th, 2021] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Ok but you said the carding of Rabiot was what made it reviewable, which is what really made me lol
yes. before lol'ing once again, just read what andtonio corsa, marelli and gds say, and that's what i explained here: https://www.juventuz.com/threads/co...l-january-27th-2021.44513/page-8#post-6279661 a ref wrongly judging a foul isn't considered a serious error, that's the main point. a similar rule is applied in pl, and from this season, the italian league follows a similar path. see il brutto's posts in the milan match thread for english links. i don't agree with the rule at all, but it is what it is

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I don't get it. What about McKennie's foul on Mertens then? Why the VAR intervened?
in my view it was because there was no ref intervention when the incident happened, valeri simply let the teams play

same goes for the penalty given by var during the milan derby the other day

btw this is a rule that can be bent apparently, because there were a couple of incidents when var called for an on-field review in similar cases. so yeah, this is a stupid rule, and isn't applied with 100% consistency, but at least you can debate it for hours after the match

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Been watching football with VAR for 2 years now and was 100% sure the decision will be reversed. Even if rules say otherwise, the practice is fair and consistent in Italy and in CL. Only a ref's mega ego trip would prevent this penalty. Which I havent witnessed or dont remember.

IMHO.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
in my view it was because there was no ref intervention when the incident happened, valeri simply let the teams play

same goes for the penalty given by var during the milan derby the other day

btw this is a rule that can be bent apparently, because there were a couple of incidents when var called for an on-field review in similar cases. so yeah, this is a stupid rule, and isn't applied with 100% consistency, but at least you can debate it for hours after the match
There are surely some mistakes but I think the majority of the decisions are correct and provide a better picture than without VAR.
Unless there is some major incident I dont think VAR should be judged in a negative manner.

VAR really hurt us against Lyon as both penalties shouldnt have been given but somtimes you need to accept results even if they are unfair as no one can always be right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)