[Coppa Italia] Atalanta - Juventus (1 Viewer)

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
when he is doing fine, why not?

PS: i just read that Montero scored for Uruguay the winner!

he is not in the squad or?
yeah, he is not in the squad, you know, to rest him...

Sep 14, 2003
I think we'll probably start with Nedved - or at least he'll play around 45 mins, he hasn't played for over a week and should be rested against Ajax. We don't want him to be too rusty before we play Inter.

We should also get a decent look at Kapo and hopefull a few of the Primavera players will take part.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Id like to see something like this against Atalanta :

Bonnefoi

Iuliano - Legro - Tudor - Pessotto

Camo - Blasi - Tacchianrdi - Olivera

Kapo - Zalayeta

OP

juvecento

Mar 25, 2004
  • Thread Starter #112
    Kapo looks like a good player, but I don´t know if he can be converted in a striker like Capello wants, I really hope that he scores or help Zala scores but if he can´t do it as a striker I hope Capello uses Volpato on the second half.

I also think that Capello will use Primavera players if we have scored 2 or more goals.

Look, Gazzetta dello sport published the formation that Capello could use (I think is a risky formation, just remember the formation Roma used some weeks ago)

"L'unica variazione potrebbe essere un 3-4-1-2 con una difesa a tre (Ferrara, Legrottaglie, Iuliano), Birindelli avanzato sulla linea dei centrocampisti, Olivera spostato sulla fascia sinistra e Nedved trequartista a sostegno delle due punte Kapo e Zalayeta."

Chimenti
    Ferrara Legrottaglie Iuliano
    Birindelli Tacchinardi Appiah Olivera
    Nedved
    Kapo Zalayeta

Well I hope that Juve B won this Coppa, it could be great for players that will retire or leave Juve next season.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by juvecento ] ++
    I also think that Capello will use Primavera players if we have scored 2 or more goals.

Chimenti
    Ferrara Legrottaglie Iuliano
    Birindelli Tacchinardi Appiah Olivera
    Nedved

Kapo Zalayeta
    I wouldn't be too pleased with this to be honest.

IMO we should use our Primavera squad from the beginning, and if we need some extra spark put some better players on. No need to risk Nedved IMO, especially considering we were handed a lifeline when the terrible pitch against Lecce didn't cause the game to be cancelled.

Apr 26, 2004
    “The Coppa Italia is an important competition, although behind Serie A or Champions’ League. Anyway, it is useful to me as it will be the chance for players who’ve been out for a while to play and for those who have played a lot to make a specific work.” For most teams and coaches, the Coppa Italia is rather an obstacle, due to the busy schedule at this time of the season. For Fabio Capello, on the contrary, is a competition to be faced seriously, being an important occasion to give a chance to those who have played less often: “Players who have been champing will now have the opportunity to be in the spotlight in a beautiful and serious competition which we are determined to win. It is certainly not an obstacle; I admit that this title is less prestigious than others but it’s happening the same in other countries. It would definitely take on a new significance should it grant the winner direct access to the Champions’ League.” Thus, Friday night’s match against Atalanta will make way to those who’ve been playing less frequently but whose great seriousness and professionalism are acknowledged: they’ve kept the same behaviour all the time, without ever complaining or demanding. As Capello explains: “This is Juventus’ culture and it’s always been so, also before my arrival. In this club, players accepts the coach’s and the club’s decisions without arguing. The squad knew my intention to make few changes during the first stage of the season. Also, fortunately we’ve had plenty of available players and inevitably some would have been left out. Now, with the Coppa Italia and the Champions’ League, where we have already qualified, there will be more chances for all of them.”

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Rainforest Liu ] ++
    Thus, Friday night’s match against Atalanta will make way to those who’ve been playing less frequently but whose great seriousness and professionalism are acknowledged: they’ve kept the same behaviour all the time, without ever complaining or demanding. As Capello explains: “This is Juventus’ culture and it’s always been so, also before my arrival. In this club, players accepts the coach’s and the club’s decisions without arguing.
    you can just tell Capello loves being at Juve :D

Apr 26, 2004
    Here is coach Capello’s choice for Coppa Italia’s fixture against Atalanta:

2 FERRARA
    3 TACCHINARDI
    6 LEGROTTAGLIE
    9 IBRAHIMOVIC
    11 NEDVED
    12 CHIMENTI
    13 IULIANO
    15 BIRINDELLI
    18 APPIAH
    20 BLASI
    21 THURAM
    22 BONNEFOI
    23 KAPO
    24 OLIVERA
    25 ZALAYETA

Besides the fifteen first-choice players, coach Capello has called up (34) Masiello, (35) Rossi, (36) De Ceglie, (37) Volpato and (40) Bentivoglio from the Primavera team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)