[Coppa Italia] Atalanta - Juventus (6 Viewers)

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
With all avenues for discovering new talents or experimenting new tactics currently blocked it is with welcome relief that the Coppa has finally started. I look forward to seeing the new boys try their stuff for 90 minutes. I would dearly love to see this formation. Blasi will dig back and hold fort while Oliviera & Kapo can mix it up with Neddy to provide for Zalayeta & Volpato(If I remember correctly he is a striker).

--------------Bonnefoi----------------

Iuliano - Legro - Tudor - Pessotto

--------Olivera - Blasi - Kapo--------

----------------Nedved-----------------

----------Volpato - Zalayeta----------

Buy on AliExpress.com

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++
Atlanta has not won a single game in Serie A this season..
Ok maybe they haven't been great so far but we should still be alert when facing them. They won 7-3 on aggregate against Reggina in the previous round and have some promising youngsters like Pazzini and Montolivo.. We just shouldn't take things for granted, especially in these "easy" games.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ali ] ++
With all avenues for discovering new talents or experimenting new tactics currently blocked it is with welcome relief that the Coppa has finally started. I look forward to seeing the new boys try their stuff for 90 minutes. I would dearly love to see this formation. Blasi will dig back and hold fort while Oliviera & Kapo can mix it up with Neddy to provide for Zalayeta & Volpato(If I remember correctly he is a striker).

--------------Bonnefoi----------------

Iuliano - Legro - Tudor - Pessotto

--------Olivera - Blasi - Kapo--------

----------------Nedved-----------------

----------Volpato - Zalayeta----------

I mostly agree with your approach, but here's my twist to it:

Code:
--------------------- Chimenti -----------------------
-- Iuliano -- Legro ------ Ferrara --- Birindelli --
-- Olivera --- Tacchi ---- Appiah -------- Kapo --
---------------- Volpato ---- Zalayeta -------------
** Pessotto, and Tudor aren't selected for the game (slight injuries I believe)

**I don't think we should start anyone who's been playing regularly. Nedved played a lot this season and should be a sub. He can come in the second half since he missed the last game. Blasi, on the other hand, has played many games and 45 minutes for the National team last night. His responsibilities demands that he's fresh. Besides, Tacchi and Appiah complement each other pretty well.

** Since we don't have many fresh options in the midfield, I suggest putting Kapo back to his original place. He can move up in the second half and make room for Nedved if needed.

** I agree in putting a primavera player like Volpato.

** Players like Ibrahimovic should really be resting.

** I don't mind if Chimenti doesn't start, but i think that he should since he's officially 2nd in line.

** I chose the flat 4-4-2 since that's the system that Capello's playing with the 1st team. By using this, we can build a solid backup for these individuals to comfortably replace a vacant spot in the 1st team.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Can you see this game on Internet? If so, where?

Volpato, hmmm havent seen this guy. Hopefully i will be able to see the game. Interesting :D

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
The only thing that i care about this coppa italia is the silver star that will be put on Juve's jersey's if we win it for the 10th time , cause we already won it 9 times , so winning it will add a star to become 3 marvellous stars .. .

forza juve

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Huzi ] ++
The only thing that i care about this coppa italia is the silver star that will be put on Juve's jersey's if we win it for the 10th time , cause we already won it 9 times , so winning it will add a star to become 3 marvellous stars .. .

forza juve
We've been saying that for years.. hopefully, this is the one.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Coppa Italia Preview: Atalanta-Juventus
11/19/2004 7:41:00 AM
With the Italian cup low on the Bianconeri’s list of priorities, Atalanta have the perfect chance to progress to the next round. Juventus will only field their reserves but will be a tough challenge none the less.
BACKGROUND

Atalanta sit on the bottom of Serie A after a poor start to life back in Italy’s top division. Although the season is still in its infancy Atalanta look destined for Serie B. The newly promoted side have yet to manage a win, securing seven draws and five defeats. Mandorlini’s side have conceded too many goals and not scored enough in the league, but have the perfect chance to progress against a reserve Juventus side. A victory against the Turin giants would be the perfect confidence booster, providing the perfect tonic for a surge in the Serie standings.

Juventus coach Fabio Capello has stated that he will use the match as a chance to give some of his forgotten players a chance to prove their value to the club. “This is the right opportunity for people to illustrate their worth,” Capello was reported to have said. The Bianconeri have one of the most impressive squads in European football and will have plenty of potential match winners at their disposal despite the absence of more established players.

Sources close to the club suggest that Mark Iuliano and Nicola Legrottaglie will start in defence, while Olivier Kapo and Marcelo Zalayeta should partner in attack. As Juventus’ first team have continued to sweep aside all before them this season, it should be interesting to see how players such as Kapo perform. The match provides several players with the opportunity to stake a serious claim for a first team spot with an impressive display in Bergamo.

TEAM NEWS

Atalanta:
The coach of Atalanta, Mandorlini, has most of the players at his disposal and above all no absences in the probable starting line up. Defender Fabio Rustico and midfielder Albertini are still out injured and will not take part.

Juventus:
Although Capello has selected Nedved in the squad, the Czech midfielder is unlikely to start the match. Del Piero has been rested and will not travel to Bergamo. Capello’s final line-up is not certain, but players such as Olivera, Kapo and Zalayeta should get the chance to show their worth.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Atalanta:
The experience of Zenoni in midfield will be crucial for the home team in Bergamo. Zenoni has played many important matches and has been on the winning side against the Bianconeri before.

Juventus:
After it seemed that Olivier Kapo was not in Capello’s plans, the pacy winger has impressed recently, deployed in attack. Kapo has the pace and skill to test any defence, with Capello’s help, the young prospect could become one of the most devastating players in Serie A. Just as Henry was converted into a striker, Kapo can enjoy the same success, but is equally effective on the wing.

PROBABLE STARTING XIs

Atalanta (4-3-3):
Taibi - Rivalta, Sala, Natali, Bellini - Zenoni, Bernardini, Marcolini - Montolivo, Budan, Saudati..

Juventus (4-4-2):
Chimenti - Thuram, Iuliano, Legrottaglie, Birindelli - Olivera, Blasi, Appiah, Kapo - Zalayeta Ibrahimovic.

PREDICTION

With the bianconeri expected to make wholesale changes to their line-up, and Atalanta probably playing their best side, this should end up to be a balanced match even though Juventus still possess more quality and experience than the Bergamaschi’s young squad. The Serie A leaders should progress.

Atalanta 0-2 Juventus

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
Juventus (4-4-2):
Chimenti - Thuram, Iuliano, Legrottaglie, Birindelli - Olivera, Blasi, Appiah, Kapo - Zalayeta Ibrahimovic.
I don't think it's necessary to use Thuram and Ibrahimovic, since they're two of the most used players in the whole squad...

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by paulo ] ++

Ok maybe they haven't been great so far but we should still be alert when facing them. They won 7-3 on aggregate against Reggina in the previous round and have some promising youngsters like Pazzini and Montolivo.. We just shouldn't take things for granted, especially in these "easy" games.
] Montolivo
is a Player to watch.. Juve a interested in the youngster..

Sep 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++

yes, Rai3 but I think that is only for the people who have paid money.. I hate RAI...
I'm watching Roma - Siena on Rai 3, no problems and I don't pay any money to Rai (BTW, Roma's green kit is disgusting!)

They better not f**k about with Juve's game and scramble it. :fero:

timeover

Nov 6, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Huzi ] ++

forza juve
I didn't know that! :dazed:
two gold stars and a silver one will be great.
and in 3 or 4years we'll get another gold.:D :LOL:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

I mostly agree with your approach, but here's my twist to it:

Code:
--------------------- Chimenti -----------------------
-- Iuliano -- Legro ------ Ferrara --- Birindelli --
-- Olivera --- Tacchi ---- Appiah -------- Kapo --
---------------- Volpato ---- Zalayeta -------------
** Pessotto, and Tudor aren't selected for the game (slight injuries I believe)

**I don't think we should start anyone who's been playing regularly. Nedved played a lot this season and should be a sub. He can come in the second half since he missed the last game. Blasi, on the other hand, has played many games and 45 minutes for the National team last night. His responsibilities demands that he's fresh. Besides, Tacchi and Appiah complement each other pretty well.

** Since we don't have many fresh options in the midfield, I suggest putting Kapo back to his original place. He can move up in the second half and make room for Nedved if needed.

** I agree in putting a primavera player like Volpato.

** Players like Ibrahimovic should really be resting.

** I don't mind if Chimenti doesn't start, but i think that he should since he's officially 2nd in line.

** I chose the flat 4-4-2 since that's the system that Capello's playing with the 1st team. By using this, we can build a solid backup for these individuals to comfortably replace a vacant spot in the 1st team.
Agree 100% Majed. That's exactly what I was thinking. No need to risk our top starters.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Majed I didn't know about Tudor & Pessotto's injuries. I just hope Tacchi does not play coz we need to try someone new. Tacchi is on his way out. I think I will be watching the match tonight :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)