[Coppa Italia] AC Milan 1-1 JUVENTUS [February 13th, 2020] (3 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
The only thing I take away is that we played a 4-4-2 defensively and a low/medium block for the first time this year (I think, I can't remember another instance). In the 2nd half we changed it a bit.

This was a similar tactic to last year and comes directly after a meeting with the president

I thought Dybala was great in the middle as a target. Ramsey showed he can at least run enough for 60 mins as a B2B. I thought he had decent moments getting forward.

De Sciglio is a defensive fullback who can't be bothered to defend.
are you suggesting Sarri isnt deciding the tactics anymore?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We'll probably get to the final considering the result and their suspensions, but can't see us winning the trophy based on recent performances.

We don't look any more than a CL QF team at best, and that's only because we drew Lyon.

Who knows, we might come alive in the CL, but I seriously fucking doubt it lol. For me, looking at where we are right now and the competition we have, retaining Serie A would be a massive achievement. We've taken a step back, I suppose under the proviso that we're going to take two steps forward. Well it sure as fuck isn't going to be before this season ends.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
The fouls on Ramsey and the elbow on Cuadrado are more of a penalty, but the dumb application of the handball law in Italy gives those as penalties.

The lack of cohesion in the team is a joke, there is still no visible gameplan and I’m not sure we can rely on individual brilliance to bring a scudetto this time or a run in the CL.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
are you suggesting Sarri isnt deciding the tactics anymore?
I can't remember us coming out in a 4-4-2 with a low block from the opening whistle once all season. I stand to be corrected but I simply can't think of one.

It was like someone said, "Can you just relax on the pressing and go back to last year". Either the players or the president.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
The only thing I take away is that we played a 4-4-2 defensively and a low/medium block for the first time this year (I think, I can't remember another instance). In the 2nd half we changed it a bit.

This was a similar tactic to last year and comes directly after a meeting with the president.

I thought Dybala was great in the middle as a target. Ramsey showed he can at least run enough for 60 mins as a B2B. I thought he had decent moments getting forward.

De Sciglio is a defensive fullback who can't be bothered to defend.
You thought Ramsey was decent? I think he’s been complete shit, the whole season.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
You thought Ramsey was decent? I think he’s been complete shit, the whole season.
Well, this was his first match playing this position. I didn't expect him to have the legs to get forward but I thought he did a good job helping Pjanic and still getting forward. He didn't really create anything but I was expecting him to be more of a passenger.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I wanted us to either get a humiliation that drives Sarri out or show we mean business.
Facts are - We played rubbish and yeah we might held the ball more but we didnt really create anything but that Ronaldo attempt that was handed a penalty.
Its true we had a clear penalty on Cuadrado not given but it doesnt matter much as if we play this way we wont be getting anywhere..

The team have too many major flaws:
Determination - Sometimes we are determined but it doesnt last for long and we need to show more fight in our game
Midfield is crap - Title is enough..
We are too hesitant when attacking which helps the opposition to organize their defense
We are playing too slow when attacking - We must bring up some pace - some one twos might help when we are close to goal and dont have an idea (instead of just passing it wide to a position the danger we could pose will look non existent compared to a possible move as if it works we get a one on one chance)

Im sorry but our tactics do not work and its either the choices of our players or the coach instructions but one thing is certain - IT DOESNT WORK!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)