Copa America 2019 - General Discussion (2 Viewers)

OP
CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #386
    Always amazing to see that cunt Suarez in tears.

Man, South American teams are so far behind European teams right now. I’ve found the quality of football so low in this tournament so far.
    Truth is, historically Brazil always carried SA on its back at International level. It’s always been many levels above Argentina and Uruguay. Now that we have been a far cry from the old teams for a while no one else has stepped up to compete against the Europeans. And no one will.

But then again Europeans aren’t as good as they used to either. International level football simply can’t be compared to what it used to be. It’s secondary now.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    Truth is, historically Brazil always carried SA on its back at International level. It’s always been many levels above Argentina and Uruguay. Now that we have been a far cry from the old teams for a while no one else has stepped up to compete against the Europeans. And no one will.

But then again Europeans aren’t as good as they used to either. International level football simply can’t be compared to what it used to be. It’s secondary now.
    Oh please. It was always secondary. The lower teams have gotten better and you don’t see as many beatings or a few teams run the entire show anymore.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009

I can’t say I disagree with you here. Especially on the current level of international football.

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
    Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #390
    Oh please. It was always secondary. The lower teams have gotten better and you don’t see as many beatings or a few teams run the entire show anymore.
    There’s so much wrong on your post I don’t even know where to start but let me try...

No, it wasn’t secondary. The World Cup used to be the icing on the football cake, the most glorious and sought after trophy of them all. It was that way until the 00’s. If you think otherwise you’re simply too young to understand why. If you haven’t lived through the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s and watched how full of talent all the big nations were during those decades and I mean REAL talent not the fucking overrated Pogbas and Dybalas of the world you’d know.

And btw, lesser teams didn’t get better, they got more physical, they became better athletes. And that took a hit on the big teams as well as they had to keep up physically while compromising their technique and skills.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Way too many Copas Américas in recent years too. Excitement has been lost.
    nah big SA teams living in a previous era where you think one star and some attackers with technical skill are going to coast you to victory. European sides meanwhile are much more disciplined tactically and attack and defend as units, no or at most 1 star allowed to not track back.

The superior technical skill of a brazil or Argentina might still be enough to guide it past a mediocre European side but when it comes up, with this current mentality, against an on form France or Germany it will get slapped.

I know this will hit Crimsonianking particularly but its not the 80s anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)