Copa America 2019 - General Discussion (6 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Why an Argie should be proud of Messi? If it was a Barça fan I would understand.

If I was an Argie I wanted him out asap so we could play as team and go back to winning titles soon.
5 years ago he was their best player in the WC. Argentina have been irrelevant since early 90s, that probably a decade before messi started playing for them. Not supporting him but this Argentina squad is overrated and has been for a while.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
5 years ago he was their best player in the WC. Argentina have been irrelevant since early 90s, that probably a decade before messi started playing for them. Not supporting him but this Argentina squad is immensely overrated and has been for decades.

He was their best player in the group stage in 2014, since then it was Mascherano

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
5 years ago he was their best player in the WC. Argentina have been irrelevant since early 90s, that probably a decade before messi started playing for them. Not supporting him but this Argentina squad is immensely overrated and has been for decades.

That is true, the team is quite glorified, just like Messi is today. Better luck next time if there is.

OP
CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #785
    Why an Argie should be proud of Messi? If it was a Barça fan I would understand.

If I was an Argie I wanted him out asap so we could play as team and go back to winning titles soon.
    Exactly. He obviously doesn’t have what it takes to carry the burden of being the star of his nation, so just leave and let others get a chance.

Fair enough, then I think she can be. Messi's failure has more to do with his team mates than him. Can't say she should be proud of his petty accusations though, didn't expect that from messi.

She can’t possibly believe those stupid accusations. I mean it’s beyond being hyprocrite. Even if it was true, which it isn’t, I lost count how many times Barcelona has been helped by bad referee decisions. Countless times. He never thought to complain then.

Also it’s not the first time he whines about something when he loses. The toughness of the competition, the pitch, etc... like I said I have no more respect for the guy. He strikes me as someone who is so used to winning and being called the best that he has to come up with excuses for his failures every time. It’s pathetic imo.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    He was their best player in the group stage in 2014, since then it was Mascherano
    Messi padded them stats and for that won the player of the tournament. He couldn't have done it without mascherano and others but no player can it's a team game.

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
    Exactly. He obviously doesn’t have what it takes to carry the burden of being the star of his nation, so just leave and let others get a chance.

She can’t possibly believe those stupid accusations. I mean it’s beyond being hyprocrite. Even if it was true, which it isn’t, I lost count how many times Barcelona has been helped by bad referee decisions. Countless times. He never thought to complain then.

Also it’s not the first time he whines about something when he loses. The toughness of the competition, the pitch, etc... like I said I have no more respect for the guy. He strikes me as someone who is so used to winning and being called the best that he has to come up with excuses for his failures every time. It’s pathetic imo.

Didn't even show up to receive the 3rd place prize. There goes the fair-play. Very anti-system... much wow. Now risks 2 years of suspension :lol3:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    Messi padded them stats and for that won the player of the tournament. He couldn't have done it without mascherano and others but no player can it's a team game.

He won POT same reason Modric won it and won balon dor later - sympathy. Mascherano was the leader of that team and it was their defensive stability in the knockout games that got them so close to winning the cup, not Messis brilliance.

Either way fuck him, cant wait till hes gone so i can start finding Argentina NT likeable again

JuvXOXO

May 25, 2019
    Either VVD or Firmino/Alisson due to Copa America imo. But messi scored tons of meaningless goals so hes still got his chances
    Did you seriously just suggest Firmino for Ballon d'Or? He was Liverpool's worst attacker of the front three, didn't play either leg vs Barca, was complete rubbish in the Cl final before being subbed off, and nothing great in Copa either.

If a Liverpool player gets it, it will be Van Dijk unless Mane wins Afcon and then it could be him.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    Did you seriously just suggest Firmino for Ballon d'Or? He was Liverpool's worst attacker of the front three, didn't play either leg vs Barca, was complete rubbish in the Cl final before being subbed off, and nothing great in Copa either.

If a Liverpool player gets it, it will be Van Dijk unless Mane wins Afcon and then it could be him.
    Reminder that Modric won it last year

JuvXOXO

May 25, 2019
    Reminder that Modric won it last year
    Modric won Golden Ball while leading Croatia to a WC final and had a pretty good Cl campaign. Firmino was like Brazil's 10th best player while winning Copa America and did nothing after Cl quarters.

The World Cup has always been massive for Ballon d'Or apart from when the FIFA award merged with it. Copa America is like the Italian Supercup in comparison

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    Modric won Golden Ball while leading Croatia to a WC final and had a pretty good Cl campaign. Firmino was like Brazil's 10th best player while winning Copa America and did nothing after Cl quarters.

The World Cup has always been massive for Ballon d'Or apart from when the FIFA award merged with it. Copa America is like the Italian Supercup in comparison
    How was Modric leading Croatia while having a "pretty good" CL? There is a number of Real and Croatia players ahead of him in importance and quality of play that year. If the WC was that important, Griezmann would have won the balon for his victory there in addition ti Europa League victory, having a much better league record that year while playing for the inferior club. Maybe you should have watched them more last season, but its fine, guess youre the same as the voters then

- - - Updated - - -

Right, so Iniesta should have won it 2010. I also agree with that.
    Iniesta should have lost the final and focused on getting POT instead. Then he would have won for sure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)