Copa America 2007 (2 Viewers)

OP
Carlo D

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #361
    they were there hoping to get a glipse of diego, but i dont think he played in the entire tourny :(

mind you to be honest i think they were more interested in castillo of mexico
    A number of clubs must have continued to be impressed by Nery Castillo. . Of course, you realise that no matter how many of us shout about how we would love to see him as a "bianconero," we're gonna get slaughtered by someone for saying so!

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP
    Carlo D

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #370
    You aren't superstition, aren't you?
    No, I'm not superstitious, I believe we make our own luck in this world...also in the power of money....

Done babe no more scandals at the moment this thread must be closed

:D
    You're right, some more comments will come in from our members in Canada & the US in a few hours & that'll be it!

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
    was pretty sure Argentina would win this tournament based on the strength of the players selected and they seem to be playing well throughout leading up to the final, however their performance in the final today shows a lack of tactical nuance on the part of the players and management.Their holding midfielders were caugh out often esp during the counter attacks , Riquleme was marked out the game and they keep crossing high balls into the penalty area that were gobbled by Alex and Naldo_On the other hand Brazil started the tournament slow but seem to grow stronger as each match passed , in todays game they played a patient counter attacking style which killed off Argentina so kudos to Dunga for the correct tactics.He also had the guts in changing the style of play albeit critiscim to suit the modern game, they will be strong favourites for the 2010 World Cup if they keep going in this direction. it might not be very pretty but it sure damn works.

OP
    Carlo D

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #372
    1)I was pretty sure Argentina would win this tournament.
    2)In todays game they played a patient counter attacking style which killed off Argentina so kudos to Dunga for the correct tactics.He also had the guts in changing the style of play albeit critiscim to suit the modern game, they will be strong favourites for the 2010 World Cup if they keep going in this direction. it might not be very pretty but it sure damn works.
    1)So were most of us on this forum, or at least I should say, it's what most "wanted."

2)
    It might have been different if Riquelme hadn't hit the post in 8 mins. Then of course, the "turning point," the own goal.

But credit to Dunga & Brasil, they believed in themselves. So did Argentina to be fair, but those 2 "hammer blows" were hard to take!

You got it right, up to the point of Brasil for the next world cup...behave yourself! In here, it's ITALIA! Seriously, since European teams tend only to win in Europe........

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
    1)So were most of us on this forum, or at least I should say, it's what most "wanted."

2)
    It might have been different if Riquelme hadn't hit the post in 8 mins. Then of course, the "turning point," the own goal.

But credit to Dunga & Brasil, they believed in themselves. So did Argentina to be fair, but those 2 "hammer blows" were hard to take!

You got it right, up to the point of Brasil for the next world cup...behave yourself! In here, it's ITALIA! Seriously, since European teams tend only to win in Europe........
    Since the 2010 WC is in africa i belive Brazil have good chance based on history
    of tournament as so long as the WC is not in Europe they usually do pretty well , but of course i do not want them to win

No worries mate I always support italy to win the world cup i remember 82 just like it was yesterday , 86 completely erased from my mind, 90 94 98 was heartbreaking so may tears shed 2002 setthed with anger and vengenace and 2006 proud and fulfilled , the azzuris will always have my undying support:)

OP
    Carlo D

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #374
    Since the 2010 WC is in africa i belive Brazil have good chance based on history
    of tournament.

No worries mate I always support italy to win the world cup i remember 82 just like it was yesterday , 86 completely erased from my mind, 90 94 98 was heartbreaking so may tears shed 2002 setthed with anger and vengenace and 2006 proud and fulfilled , the azzuris will always have my undying support:)
    :toast:

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    was pretty sure Argentina would win this tournament based on the strength of the players selected and they seem to be playing well throughout leading up to the final, however their performance in the final today shows a lack of tactical nuance on the part of the players and management.Their holding midfielders were caugh out often esp during the counter attacks , Riquleme was marked out the game and they keep crossing high balls into the penalty area that were gobbled by Alex and Naldo_On the other hand Brazil started the tournament slow but seem to grow stronger as each match passed , in todays game they played a patient counter attacking style which killed off Argentina so kudos to Dunga for the correct tactics.He also had the guts in changing the style of play albeit critiscim to suit the modern game, they will be strong favourites for the 2010 World Cup if they keep going in this direction. it might not be very pretty but it sure damn works.
    Argentina had all the makings of a team that came to bring their biggest guns and make amends for their sudden failure in the 2004 Copa final. Sure enough, choking can be a hard habit to break for some. At least AC Milan (aka Brazil) got some revenge three years later against Liverpool in the CL this year. Not so for Inter (aka Argentina).

Messi was useless. Glamor boy was nowhere to be found, making any kind of legitimate play on the ball. Tevez couldn't even get to the ball. Riquelme was off the mark. Ayala was dismal in defense -- and I don't mean the own goal. Brazil fouled like mad, but it frustrated Argentina's ball movement immensely. Who needs Kaká and Ronaldinho -- or Adriano, Ronaldo, Dida, Carlos, etc., etc., etc. It's really a joke that this second string squad of Brazil just toyed with Argentina's most lethal arsenal.

Maybe it wasn't Juve vs. Pescara out there, but Brazil had an answer for everything Argentina did: offensively, defensively, midfield, goalkeeping, etc. Brazil really put on a clinic where they just toyed with an inept Argentina, beating them in every aspect of the game at will. Brazil could turn on brilliant passing and clinical shots on goal at will and just rip Argentina's heart out. It was pretty masterful as far as preparedness and a gameplan goes.

ßömßäяdîëя;1408401 said:
    :lol2:

Argentina are som choke artists.
    I don't think there's no way to mince words about it. Two Copa America finals in a row where you come in roaring compared to Brazil's whimpering, and they pretty much set you down on your ass... that is called getting owned by these chumps.

ßömßäяdîëя;1408402 said:
    What was the final, I turned it at 85m, did it end 3-0?
    Yep. 3-0. Humiliation complete.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    Argentina had all the makings of a team that came to bring their biggest guns and make amends for their sudden failure in the 2004 Copa final. Sure enough, choking can be a hard habit to break for some. At least AC Milan (aka Brazil) got some revenge three years later against Liverpool in the CL this year. Not so for Inter (aka Argentina).

Messi was useless. Glamor boy was nowhere to be found, making any kind of legitimate play on the ball. Tevez couldn't even get to the ball Riquelme was off the mark. Ayala was dismal in defense -- and I don't mean the own goal. Brazil fouled like mad, but it frustrated Argentina's ball movement immensely. Who needs Kaká and Ronaldinho -- or Adriano, Ronaldo, Dida, Carlos, etc., etc., etc. It's really a joke that this second string squad of Brazil just toyed with Argentina's most lethal arsenal.

Maybe it wasn't Juve vs. Pescara out there, but Brazil had an answer for everything Argentina did: offensively, defensively, midfield, goalkeeping, etc. Brazil really put on a clinic where they just toyed with an inept Argentina, beating them in every aspect of the game at will. Brazil could turn on brilliant passing and clinical shots on goal at will and just rip Argentina's heart out. It was pretty masterful as far as preparedness and a gameplan goes.

I don't think there's no way to mince words about it. Two Copa America finals in a row where you come in roaring compared to Brazil's whimpering, and they pretty much set you down on your ass... that is called getting owned by these chumps.

Yep. 3-0. Humiliation complete.
    totally agree...

so much for Argentina being sure-fire winners

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)